Advice needed - suss

DandelionYuki

Reaction score
Hi

I am in my beg of 40s. Highest qualification is Diploma in Building from Ngee Ann. After 20 years of self employment as a relator. I would like to change to a salaried job. Just started a guest relations role in a bank (with fixed pay and hours) and am exploring to pursue a degree.

I am also exploring and finding out if I should pursue something towards RM role.

Can I check if anyone can advise if BsC in business from suss or bsc in marketing is more advisable.

In addition as there is some financial certification required for assistant RM, would getting a degree be necessary or I should pursue this certification directly? Since it would be 3 years of part time studies, I am apprehensive if I would be able to complete it .

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if SUSS is too long, u might want to find other places that offer programs in 12-14 mths part time.

the cost is higher but u finish faster, and u already got a job, so it's just working hard to jump into the areas u want.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RM as in Relationship Manager? RM need degree meh? most jobs I found on indeed.sg didn't ask for degree.

which are the " some financial certification" you are looking at?

4saken

Reaction score
SUSS PT duration too long for you, i feel more for young execs or mid-execs who need to break the glass ceiling.

compare the modules of each degree, business might be too general, but it includes financial modules which may be helpful? marketing might be more niche.

if cost is not an issue, kaplan offers faster degrees.

maybe you can confirm the pre-requisites for asst rm? if it’s just the financial certs they require then just go straight in 💪🏻

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.