HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Any mid career switchers for PCP physio or radiography?

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2020, 02:40 AM   #1

Any mid career switchers for PCP physio or radiography?

currenly 31 years old. past 7-8 years working in the financial sector. anyone has done this for mid career switching and care to shed some light? main reason for me wanting to switch is 1. interest in health, and also 2. stability. but i need to hear from more people who gone through it haha
bomberkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2020, 07:43 PM   #2

Me.

What do you want to know?

There are still no graduates from the course yet. The first class to graduate will be later this year.
CarpeD!em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:47 AM   #3

I have apply for PCP physiotherapy 2x in previous years but didnít got call up for interview. In my mid 30s n had a degree in psychology. Had work 15years.

But I try to apply for it this year again n really hope to get it!
Ms Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 08:16 PM   #4

I am also keen to understand more about the PCP career switch. But the threads for mid career switch seem quite quiet.
Coffeekosonggao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 09:00 PM   #5

What would you want to know???

The info in WSG website is pretty comprehensive.
Old 13-03-2020, 10:46 PM   #6

For your cohort, what is the (1) gender ratio and (2) age profile of the successful mid-career switch students in PT? So far, most of the enquiry threads in this forum are raised by the mid-thirties age group, whereas the PCP ad featured those in forties.

Do you happen to know which industry were the successful mid-career switch students in, before joining SIT?
Old 14-03-2020, 08:55 AM   #7

For your cohort, what is the (1) gender ratio and (2) age profile of the successful mid-career switch students in PT? So far, most of the enquiry threads in this forum are raised by the mid-thirties age group, whereas the PCP ad featured those in forties.

Do you happen to know which industry were the successful mid-career switch students in, before joining SIT?
Gender ratio would be around 50:50 for PCP. But for the whole course, there are more females than males, about 70:30.

Age range from mid 20's to late 40's. Most are within the mid 30's.

Previous career, is a big range. All those that I know, do not have any medical related background from IT to Insurance agent to Administer to Mechanical or Electrical Engineer to Sales. Even a guy who was an Administrative staff from SIT itself.

However those who are in the accelerated PT course, they do have some sort of bio or medical background.

Hope it helps.
Old 14-03-2020, 02:35 PM   #8

Gender ratio would be around 50:50 for PCP. But for the whole course, there are more females than males, about 70:30.

Age range from mid 20's to late 40's. Most are within the mid 30's.

Previous career, is a big range. All those that I know, do not have any medical related background from IT to Insurance agent to Administer to Mechanical or Electrical Engineer to Sales. Even a guy who was an Administrative staff from SIT itself.

However those who are in the accelerated PT course, they do have some sort of bio or medical background.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for sharing the information! Really appreciate it.
Old 16-03-2020, 10:00 PM   #9

I am also keen to understand more about the PCP career switch. But the threads for mid career switch seem quite quiet.
Did u apply for PCP physiotherapy as well?
Old 20-03-2020, 04:12 PM   #10

Thanks for sharing the information! Really appreciate it.
Does it require a GCE O Level English or IELTS band 7.0 and above ? I only had GCE N level and a diploma holder with a experience in Fitness Training and do some volunteering work that relates to physiotherapy and other allied healthcare professions.
SuperVergil12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2020, 02:08 PM   #11

Did anyone here get interview or got in?
dzpliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2020, 10:03 PM   #12

sadly no. What about yours ? Did they call or message you for interview ?
SuperVergil12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2020, 11:10 PM   #13

For me no interview yet too. 😢
Old 25-03-2020, 09:18 AM   #14

No interview yet.. Applied DR.
heartlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 02:13 PM   #15

Will the application status change to in process or something? Mine still says submmited. Not sure is it taking some time due to COVID-19.. Seems like everyone has not received any interview yet.
Jacoblkh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.