Anyone heading to UQ?

samuraibuns

Reaction score
I am still looking for accommodation =( trying to decide between the private accommodations such as unilodge or if not off campus ones. What are some of your suggestions/advice?

Thank you :s22:

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
have $$$ to burn stay in unilodge

no $$$ go search for share house

Sharehouse is also good if wan to meet new people, learn in-dependency, share house duties and learn to pay own bills, and learn how to scrimp ^_^
deal with "fridge space" war w housemates. and learn to up ur tolerence in various issues in a sharehouse. so far i see singaporean males do well in sharehouses, but females on the other hand dun adjust as easy.

so far what i haven experience is share room....

not that i haven stayed in unilodge equivalent accomodation, but i stayed w owner so my rental was 1/3 of what it was charged

Last edited:

SGMale

Banned
Reaction score
I am still looking for accommodation =( trying to decide between the private accommodations such as unilodge or if not off campus ones. What are some of your suggestions/advice?

Thank you :s22:

Depending on whether you are the type of person who can wake up early, dress up and go uni for 8am lecture, especially during winter. If not, then stay closer to uni.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
dunno abt qlds...but the places i know 5 mins from uni and 20 mins from uni --both walking

rental differences is almost twice as much :s which is why i say IF have money to burn

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Don't have to fret over accommodation. Plenty of students leaving and plenty of accommodation available.

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
What you guys can do is, find a lodging for one week....look for students who are graduating or on holiday .... Some students stay on for graduation and take the time to travel, thus leaving the room empty till they return.

PolodXude

Reaction score
Any laojiaos here can advise on how the course progression is like? From my course list, there is a part #A, #B #C etc.

Do I have to complete the requisite number of modules in part A before moving on to the next section?

icyheart

Master Member
Reaction score
Any laojiaos here can advise on how the course progression is like? From my course list, there is a part #A, #B #C etc.

Do I have to complete the requisite number of modules in part A before moving on to the next section?

Depends if the modules have any prerequisites, if don't have then you can do at anytime. You should be able to find a study plan for your course on the UQ website and use that to plan out your mods.

Left 1 more sem here, anyone have any questions feel free to ask me!

pclow59

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone staying at one altitude, taringa? will be flying over on the 11th July!

In term of location, it is near Taringa train station and between toowong and Indooroopilly where the big shopping malls located. Going to UQ also within 30 mins. The room that you rented, the condition should be OK, but not the common area like kitchen cabinets, a bit run down, maybe depends on your luck.

Dracoira

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there liao still finding a place

anyone wanna got flat to share or wanna share?

icyheart

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone staying at one altitude, taringa? will be flying over on the 11th July!

Stayed there for 1 sem then moved out. It's an alright place to start, but I couldn't take the slow internet. Moved to campus lodge - abit more exp but save on transport/parking and got UQ gym membership as well

siyingg

Reaction score
i'll be heading to UQ st lucia to study bach in sci next year sem 1! Anyone on the same boat?

geekboy32

Reaction score
looking for housing mate

Hi, anyone looking for a housing mate? We can look for a place around campus together or if you already have a place, let me know and i can check it out. Preferably 2 room apartment. Currently have a lease that expires on 28 August. I'll be flying back on 25th July so if anyone is interested, send me a message on fb at jack.yeoh[at]hotmail[dot]com

Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.