Anyone heading to UQ?

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
norphos said:
Hi guys, i'm heading to UQ around Feb 08 alone. I'm alittle worried cos theres no one i know there. Just wondering if anyone is interested in going as a group so that at least i wont be so lonely? :s13: i can be contacted at 91726839 or via email norphos@norphos.net. Hope to hear from u guys soon.
wat are u studying?

saintsu

Master Member
Reaction score
The computer labs and my office were my home for the past 4 yrs. So u can figure out. haha

justinmicoud

Reaction score
doinker07 said:
you very gan jiong leh... relax... its only nov.
Agree..But he's a first timer i guess..A rather anxious one..:D Anyway i think there's no one willing to share accommodation with him now, cos most of them have not even confirmed their place in UQ. In addition, there's nothing he can do even if he found mates to stay with him in shared accommodation; doesnt make sense to pay empty rent till end feb or fly here early(dec/jan) to look for place to stay. We hope the best for him alright? ;)

CorosIve

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lycans said:
no he ish single degree with tok kong honours!

wow nice

single degree already camp sch i wonder wat happens to double degree :s13: :s22:

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
doinker07 said:
you very gan jiong leh... relax... its only nov.

when you coming back? saw your shoutout in friendster

i finally finished my final assignment....documentation *phew*

thanks for your help at autocad =:p

cougar02sg

Reaction score
Accomodations...

Hello guyz,

Anybody has any lobang such as great apartment/units with affordable rents with walking distance to UQ???? as I will be heading to UQ next yr feb...

Btw all the professionals out there, shd i apply accomodation thru IDP or find myself?

Thx!

Hear from ya soon...

Last edited:

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cougar02sg said:
Hello guyz,

Anybody has any lobang such as great apartment/units with affordable rents with walking distance to UQ???? as I will be heading to UQ next yr feb...

Btw all the professionals out there, shd i apply accomodation thru IDP or find myself?

Thx!

Hear from ya soon...
i pay 140 a week for living next door to uni. if u stay in uni college it could be 250-300 a week

cheapest i heard for st lucia is 100 bucks , everything included but its damn rare and u have no chance of getting it unless u know the person who is already living in there and is willing to move out

justinmicoud

Reaction score
cougar02sg said:
Hello guyz,

Thx!

Hear from ya soon...
Rent around St. Lucia area where the university is situated will increase every year, most probably you'll be looking at places at around 130-140 AUD a week. Nearer houses/units to school can be typically 160-180 pw, price might range a bit because of renovated house/electricity provided etc.

Another point to note, even if we have offers for apartments now, are you willing to pay rent upfront from dec 07 to feb 08? Unless the house/unit is not advertised to agencies, you can have a verbal agreement with the owner. But, it's still quite early to look for accommodation, exams are ongoing this week. Probably you check back again in another 2 or 3 weeks later, there might be students moving out already.

If you're travelling alone and don't wish to go through the hassle of looking for accommodation, i guess you can seek IDP's help. But most probably, it's not going to be cheap. Try looking through UQ's accommodation for a rough gauge of houses/units for rent, take it as a reference and manage your expectations.

Cheers

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.