Curtin Singapore anyone?

takaroe

Reaction score
Anyone studying there?
I understand Curtin has a fast track 2 year degree but the fees are 44k.

They are having another intake this july!

anyone trying to apply there?

Porter

Reaction score
What major are you looking for? I think the price is too expensive. Why don't you go for American Degree that cost you half of Curtin.

takaroe

Reaction score
What major are you looking for? I think the price is too expensive. Why don't you go for American Degree that cost you half of Curtin.

I am looking at BComm and Marketing+Public Relations. I understand the price is expensive, but partly its managed differently from most commercial schools. It has a campus newly built and the environment is really like one university. plus i get my degree in 2 years and if i want, an HONS in 3.

An American Degree, u referring to those like UB?

and whats a ts sorry noobish.

frogger8429

Reaction score
ts= treadstarter= you
i would probably be looking at acct and finance.
was thinking of transfering to curtin, or other aust unis in the midst of the degree.
it's relatively expensive but, i kinda like the place, the library is a bit small, but they are improving..
at least thats wat they said in a official reply to my qn.

devilzsky

Reaction score
i applied todae, i think 2 yrs 44k abit ex, but in the 1 yr u can earn back the extra money u paid for...

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

quit advertising leh..
what makes a American Degree cheaper?
cheaper != good.
just want a paper, buy 1 lagi cheaper.

Porter

Reaction score
quit advertising leh..
what makes a American Degree cheaper?
cheaper != good.
just want a paper, buy 1 lagi cheaper.

If you don't know please do not comment. Thanks. I know a few students who are doing very well in their studies who took up American Degree. I am not advertising anything. I just giving my 2 cent of thoughts. Giving some option to others to think about it.

pop

Master Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it will offer other majors soon such as psychology because as of now they are only offering commerce degrees.

Btw, does their accounting degree qualify us to be certified acccounts here? For that matter, are accounting degrees from Aussie Unis qualify for CPA here?

frogger8429

Reaction score
I wonder if it will offer other majors soon such as psychology because as of now they are only offering commerce degrees.

Btw, does their accounting degree qualify us to be certified acccounts here? For that matter, are accounting degrees from Aussie Unis qualify for CPA here?

i can answer this qn because i went to the open house the last time.

they said that they would gradually bring in social sciences...maybe in the end of the year...

aust degrees are certified cpa aust

with curtin degree, u could get cpa sing, if u do a series of exams with ICPAS, (if IM NOT WRONG)

frogger8429

Reaction score
anyway i heard bad reviews abt current finance lecturer in curtin!

heard his whole class fail exam!

any current student can verify?

longyearbyen

Reaction score

pls lar... even if curtin offers psychology pls think carefully whether it would be money well-spent.

djchris

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm graduating this semester from Curtin.

What I felt when I signed up for the course, was that the modules that I took in the course were more practical and I wanted to learn more stuff rather than just taking exams. In exchange, I paid a higher school fees compared to taking a similar degree in other places like SMa which cost only half as much and takes half as long to complete.

My review for the university is that most of the overseas lecturers who fly over to teach know what they are teaching and are well-versed in the subject while local lecturers are of the same sub-standard as most private schools.

Having started the degree from an education provider (MIS) and then shifting to the new campus, here's my feedback:
- Speed and quality of administrative work has fallen (probably because the staff are still new and systems are still being set up, compared to the vaterans in MIS)
- School is only half-functioning (canteen should be ready by Q2, I don't think all the buildings are being used)
- Location is further (now I need to take the train to Toa Payoh and take another bus ride down)
- Overseas lecturers may not be coming down anymore

Let me know if you guys need to know anything. IMO, the higher course fee is worth it IF the overseas lecturers are still coming down and if you guys are going over to Australia for the study trip.

pop

Master Member
Reaction score
frogger - thanks. i have checked cpa singapore website, as long as the degree is acrredited by cpa aust, can apply for provisional membership but must take some papers like you say, but the question now is whether the acc deg conducted by curtin here is acrredited by cpa aust?

longyearbyen - can elaborate? thanks.

djchris - what deg are you doing there? what's your sense of things there? Are they going to expand their intake, meaning they are serious about this campus here? seems like not many people at this forum is studying there.

longyearbyen

Reaction score
longyearbyen - can elaborate? thanks.

if you are planning to work in sg, most psychology-related positions are in the civil service.
singapore campus and non-tier 1 uni = that's 2 strikes against you already.
remember the singapore campus of curtin is still under the management of Navitas.
i think its too soon to judge how good navitas is.

KeKeLaRz

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im at curtin perth. doing a bach comm finance n mgmt. local aussie student here.

pm me if u nid anything :)

pop

Master Member
Reaction score
longyearbyen - thanks for enlightening.

kekelarz - how do the locals there rank the various unis in WA? UWA would have be to top, but what after that? I'm also keen to know about the psychology programs amongst ECU, Murdoch and Curtin, how do they rate?

frogger8429

Reaction score
pop- curtin acct degrees are definately cpa aust accredited.
thats what they said in the open house and before that.
( you could check their website to see if its updated)
their reply to me. ( when i ask a similar qn was).. 'curtin aust and sarawak are all cpa accredited, hence, they are confident that curtin spore would get the accredition and they did'

u could ask they for a official reply through emai though.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.