Difference in Big 4 and small audit firm - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

astroboy37

Reaction score
can talk to HR about that???

hmm not too sure. but if highlighted, they might adjust the pay to reflect the market rate. Well, for S1s, there is a pay range, so depending on your rating, the pay is different as well..

Firstmoment

Reaction score
i know KP pays the most. but S1 definitely is above 4k. if you are getting 4k and lesser, please talk to ur HR. I have friends who are in their S1 phase (going S2), they are currently drawing more than 4.2k in KP.

Yea S1 now are at least 4k for mainstream.. only SME S1 are being pay between 3.6-3.8k..

KevinLevrone

Reaction score
In normal cases, does EY HR take forever to inform you into signing letter of appt???

no idea.. years ago.. i think the practice was 1/2 of the pple were tricked into signing on the day itself..myself included, unfortunately..

Now with the economy tanking, anything could happen =X

milkcup

Reaction score
no idea.. years ago.. i think the practice was 1/2 of the pple were tricked into signing on the day itself..myself included, unfortunately..

Now with the economy tanking, anything could happen =X

that's why i trying to get the HR to settle this asap, or else they pull the plug at the last min...

pinkypaws

Reaction score
hey guys, I have sent my application to all the mid-tier firms about a month ago, but I still haven't got any replies. Are they all unsuccessful? sigh....should I give them a call to follow up or send them my resume again? thanks.

milkcup

Reaction score
hey guys, I have sent my application to all the mid-tier firms about a month ago, but I still haven't got any replies. Are they all unsuccessful? sigh....should I give them a call to follow up or send them my resume again? thanks.

suggest you give them a call and they may be able to tell you the outcome...

milkcup

Reaction score
What exactly is the main difference btw A2 and S1??? I'm referring to within the same team going on engagement.

A2 does the nitty gritty while S1 guiding him/her what/how to do... S1 must be zai one, right? If not, he/she will be a noob like A2? (*no offence to existing A2 ppl here)

Aloof_guy

Reaction score
What exactly is the main difference btw A2 and S1??? I'm referring to within the same team going on engagement.

A2 does the nitty gritty while S1 guiding him/her what/how to do... S1 must be zai one, right? If not, he/she will be a noob like A2? (*no offence to existing A2 ppl here)

When you state A2 do you mean Associate year 2? and S1 Senior year 1? Quite confused over the terminology here as different companies use different ratings.

If so, I think the AM will assign A2 work of lower skill level, and assign S1 more technical stuff.

Either that or concurrently, AM will assign S1 stuff to do and A2 to help out.

For guidance, normally A2 will ask S1.

milkcup

Reaction score
When you state A2 do you mean Associate year 2? and S1 Senior year 1? Quite confused over the terminology here as different companies use different ratings.

If so, I think the AM will assign A2 work of lower skill level, and assign S1 more technical stuff.

Yeah.. U r right.

In your opinion, what is a realistic pay range for A2 in terms Of ad-hoc hire???

milkcup

Reaction score
hmm not too sure. but if highlighted, they might adjust the pay to reflect the market rate. Well, for S1s, there is a pay range, so depending on your rating, the pay is different as well..

Hi. Ask u again on the pay scale. You were quoting a range like eg. >3k for A2 and >4k for S1. I suppose most of the ppl get the lower tail of pay range right eg. 3-3.5k for A2 n perhaps those scholars get upper range of 3.6-3.9k (referring to A2). Am I right to say that??? Of course it depends on the performance rating.. But still most fall in the lower range uh.

Last edited:

astroboy37

Reaction score
Yeah.. U r right.

In your opinion, what is a realistic pay range for A2 in terms Of ad-hoc hire???

Ad-hoc hires, they might try to match ur previous pay if it fits within the pay range.

Hi. Ask u again on the pay scale. You were quoting a range like eg. >3k for A2 and >4k for S1. I suppose most of the ppl get the lower tail of pay range right eg. 3-3.5k for A2 n perhaps those scholars get upper range of 3.6-3.9k (referring to A2). Am I right to say that??? Of course it depends on the performance rating.. But still most fall in the lower range uh.

No. Most people should get a rating of 3. For A2 (second year associates), most people get way above 3k (dont wish to disclose the exact pay). As for S1 (senior first year), same as well, above 4k for average performers. It doesnt matter whether you are scholar or what, some scholars are smart, but lack EQ and cant perform as expected. For my department, most people get ratings 3 and 4.

astroboy37

Reaction score

Second year associates, aka, A2, i never see people getting 3.9k. too much already. The range is 3.1k to 3.4k depending on which firm u work with, and which service line.

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ad-hoc hires, they might try to match ur previous pay if it fits within the pay range.

No. Most people should get a rating of 3. For A2 (second year associates), most people get way above 3k (dont wish to disclose the exact pay). As for S1 (senior first year), same as well, above 4k for average performers. It doesnt matter whether you are scholar or what, some scholars are smart, but lack EQ and cant perform as expected. For my department, most people get ratings 3 and 4.
get rating 2 and you probably be counselled out. :p

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

actually for my ex-firm, the S1 is assumed to already know what to do without the manager's instructions. Unless of course, the engagement has already started and the S1 is brought in to wrap up the outstanding work (in which the manager should inform of what's left) If suay, the S1 probably gotta go around looking for the OSM list or ask the other team members.

Not sure if PWC relies on managers to give the instructions first because that's what I observed when they came in to audit my present company.

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Out of topic abit.

Anyone knows if "change alley" aka the arcade is open on Saturday? I need to change some currency for my holiday

milkcup

Reaction score

Sadly I was from the banking industry, so they cannot match my previous pay.

I hope to negotiate for upper range.. Of coz not 3.9k la. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.