HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Is hard work alone enough for law school?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #1

Is hard work alone enough for law school?

I will be starting school this August at SMU. I am feeling very worried about being able to cope academically when school starts because of all the horror stories I've heard from law seniors. Lots of readings, no study-life balance, and unpaid internship, etc.

Poor English and general knowledge, not a fast reader, and I feel like I got into the programme lucky, like I'm not good enough for it.

I am willing to put in all the hard work required and motivated to do well enough to practise law but is hard work alone enough?

I have taken a longer route to get to where I am today and I do not wish to be wasting time in law school if ultimately, even after putting in my 100% effort, I still do not make the cut to practise law. One may argue that a law degree is very versatile but I do not want to pursue a law degree and miss out on all the fun I could have, learning in another less-difficult faculty if I am going to end up doing something general and similar.

It's almost 24th May and I still have time to run away from it .

Can anyone, be it in a same plight or not, give me some advices? Thank you.
Whippersnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 11:56 AM   #2

If the school accepted you means your good enough for them. Have faith in the school. Ultimately if you have an interest in law you will do well, and if it is something you like to do you will feel happy. Also if you use Netflix watch Suits and Saul Goodman, good shows about law .

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
RoyL21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #3

If the school accepted you means your good enough for them. Have faith in the school. Ultimately if you have an interest in law you will do well, and if it is something you like to do you will feel happy. Also if you use Netflix watch Suits and Saul Goodman, good shows about law .

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
Thank you Roy!
Whippersnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.