HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

help needed for SIM diploma student regarding NS enlistment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2018, 01:26 AM   #1

help needed for SIM diploma student regarding NS enlistment

hello everyone. i am extremely confused about whether or not i will end up in mono intake in NS.

I am an 18 year old(born 2000) singapore citizen studying a a private diploma in SIM now. I left millennia institute last year cos i started to dislike the A level program. Anyways, I am heading into my second semester in SIM now and will graduate from my diploma program in September 2019, after which i will have to enlist. What i wanna find out is that will i 100% go into mono intake? I heard people saying that those without qualifications like A levels,IB diploma and Poly diploma will definitely go into Mono intake. Its not that i will be overly disappointed if i go to Mono intake; its just that i want to go to command school. what i can infer so far from whatever i have been hearing around me, is that if i go mono intake i can say goodbye to any hopes of going to command school. Just wanna know is this true?

By the way, I am fit most probably pes a or b1 with silver nafa. No medical conditions.

thank you

ps. the mono intake im talking about is not commando or guards or NDU. its the not so elite vocations like infantry that cant go on to become leader.
jarsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:33 PM   #2

As Long as you donít have A level or poly equivalent, your chances are slim to get into command school.

Unless you get best recruit or best in company, your chances are almost NIL.

Nonetheless, you will still enlist in Tekong if you are serving the SAF.

My Friend from BMT (direct enlistment) didnít manage to get into SCS initially. However, he performed exceptionally well during his posting as a security trooper and was subsequently sent to SCS due to recommendations from his superior.

Last edited by FadedBoy; 05-07-2018 at 07:36 PM..
FadedBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.