Institute of Technology (SIT) - Singapore's 5th University! - Part 2

Tommy@HGA

Reaction score
any course! want to know their experience.

that's what i thought too:/ but i've received an email to attend second (f2f) interview for chem eng.
I think is their custom that Chem Eng faculty will request for (f2f) interview since they are from Germany (TUM, if i'm not wrong?) which they promotes and encourage practical research than just theory and other factors too.

I believe you have to do whiteboard tests? Apart from asking for your aspirations and stuffs.

Tommy@HGA

Reaction score
I wanna ask, SIT admissions hasn't updated me anything. Not even asking to send me my final semester results. But my classmates received that notice already :(
Cheer up! @Weewee8787. Although I can't really represent the school body but I'd like to encourage you to look at things from the positive point of view (TILL THE END), even if you have to write appeals.

I'm waiting as well too and I've applied about ( >2 times already) but did not get in.
No choice, move on and pick another route then decided to try again after sometime.

Last edited:

vardo.gr

Reaction score
Hi all.
Accepted my placement for MDME recently. Any engineering seniors can recommend a laptop? I have a very capable desktop already so I'm looking to get a thin and light but I'm unsure if the programs I'd be learning can run on integrated graphics.

Thanks!

DestinyDreamer

Master Member
Reaction score
Course of Study: ICT (Infosec)

Taking this time to learn python then C.
Any seniors care to share some of their notes?

Sohaikiahang

Reaction score
Hi all.
Accepted my placement for MDME recently. Any engineering seniors can recommend a laptop? I have a very capable desktop already so I'm looking to get a thin and light but I'm unsure if the programs I'd be learning can run on integrated graphics.

Thanks!
Hi . Just get a gaming laptop will do

GLHZone

Reaction score
I am a freshman in SIT accountancy programme doing a combo of y1 & yr2 modules. My mid-term exams are currently on-going. I attended lectures/tutorials and did my work on time but I don't seem to be able to do the exam questions as there are outside the scope of what's covered in tutorials ... SOS

Any SIT accountancy seniors can share y1-3 module notes/past year exams? Been trying to find online but couldn't find any. Can seniors also share what other resources you use to study/prep for exams. Thanks.

DestinyDreamer

Master Member
Reaction score
I
I am a freshman in SIT accountancy programme doing a combo of y1 & yr2 modules. My mid-term exams are currently on-going. I attended lectures/tutorials and did my work on time but I don't seem to be able to do the exam questions as there are outside the scope of what's covered in tutorials ... SOS

Any SIT accountancy seniors can share y1-3 module notes/past year exams? Been trying to find online but couldn't find any. Can seniors also share what other resources you use to study/prep for exams. Thanks.
I think there were networking opportunities with ur seniors but u missed that. Telegram channels and discord channels.
And also for most programmes offered by SIT, I think surface learning is simply not enough at SIT.
We are expected to internalize the "basic" content we have learned and so we are able to make progress independently and tackle more complicated problems on our own. Just completing tutorials and lectures doesn't cut it for my programme either. All these on top of the trimester system really sucks. Suck thumb.

A lot of time has to be spent on studying on top of our lectures, labs and tutorials. Youtube and other resources from the library help too. Good luck.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those of you who are currently studying this degree through SIT, may I understand how are you doing your exam now or since covid? I am new with SUSS, and and told to do online exam with a 2nd device with zoom to monitor myself from home. Are you doing your exams on this same format???

DestinyDreamer

Master Member
Reaction score
Those of you who are currently studying this degree through SIT, may I understand how are you doing your exam now or since covid? I am new with SUSS, and and told to do online exam with a 2nd device with zoom to monitor myself from home. Are you doing your exams on this same format???
Exams are done on campus.

Andrew@SG

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone taking this below course? Hope to share some notes. Pls PM. Thanks

EEE6110 Professional Practices in Electrical Engineering

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.