HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Institute of Technology (SIT) - Singapore's 5th University! - Part 2

Like Tree1012Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2019, 06:11 PM   #5701

hi may i know what course were u offered for in lasalle/sit? thnx!
For Lasalle itís Design Communication and Communication Design for SIT! Did you apply for both schools as well?
Aroomfullofjews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 06:18 PM   #5702

I went for UoG com sci (first choice) in early April and Digipen (second choice) on 25th April.
Did you get rejected for any? Was wondering if we go for 2 interview, will received 2 rejection if we got rejected though

I went for 2 interview as well
jingyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 06:21 PM   #5703

Anybody recieved interview for SIT scholarship already? Saw the brochure and the interview selection is until end of May. Wonder if my chances are getting lower since its already mid May..?
Limmxc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 06:22 PM   #5704

is it recommended to go orientation or is it something skippable hahaha
It's recommended and encouraged, tho they wont force you to attend hahaha!

Are you not going?
PhyChemHist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 10:32 PM   #5705

For Lasalle itís Design Communication and Communication Design for SIT! Did you apply for both schools as well?
Wow congrats!! I heard itís really competitive for LASALLEís Design Communication this year :O But I thought they have finished sending out offers end of March? (Also, maybe I was in the same interview grp as you? When was your interview date? HAHHA)

And yup I did apply for both schs! Design Communication for LASALLE and Interior Design for SIT. Though only got offered for Interior Design since there hasnít been any news from LASALLE since April and they said they would finish offering by the end of march I believe Iíve alr been rejected hahha

Also how did you know you got offered for lasalle? Through email or post?

Last edited by miestrbl; 15-05-2019 at 10:34 PM..
miestrbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 10:56 PM   #5706

Hi scoupscoop,

Orientation is skippable. For SIT orientation, they do not group you into your specific courses so in the group, there will be people from other courses. But it is possible that in the group, u might have someone who is in the same course as u and u will know new course mates. According to my experience, i don't think the orientation is very useful. Although, u will be able to know more people but they do not do much during the orientation. But this is for the orientation a few years ago, not sure if they changed it or anything. But i would recommend going for the day zero as u will be able to meet your course mates in advance before the school starts and u can get to know them more. Also, the in charge of each group in day zero will be your seniors from the same course and u can ask them questions about the course which is useful. But if u are joining the pioneer batch, the in charge will be seniors from other courses. These are just my opinions about the orientation and day zero. Hope it helps.

is it recommended to go orientation or is it something skippable hahaha
zkillers likes this.
nakazona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 12:06 AM   #5707

hi, i just received an offer for SIT telematics. Anyone able to share anything about the course with me? curriculum, employability, salary, work life balance??? or maybe even suggest other courses as im trying to apply TUM EEIT.

thanks
WantToGoSIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 01:02 AM   #5708

wah, I applied RTIS too. When did you went for your interview and will you be appealing?
I went for the interview back in Mar. So I already kind of knew I would be rejected. Yeap! I will be appealing.

Last edited by Hakuhatsu; 16-05-2019 at 08:43 AM..
Hakuhatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 02:17 AM   #5709

Wow congrats!! I heard itís really competitive for LASALLEís Design Communication this year :O But I thought they have finished sending out offers end of March? (Also, maybe I was in the same interview grp as you? When was your interview date? HAHHA)

And yup I did apply for both schs! Design Communication for LASALLE and Interior Design for SIT. Though only got offered for Interior Design since there hasnít been any news from LASALLE since April and they said they would finish offering by the end of march I believe Iíve alr been rejected hahha

Also how did you know you got offered for lasalle? Through email or post?
Hey sent you a PM!
Aroomfullofjews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 07:40 AM   #5710

Received rejection letter from SIT Can I appeal if I have not gone for interviews at all?
nowheretogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 09:01 AM   #5711

It seems like those who are still processing are highly likely to receive to receive rejection letters this period right?
Tesha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 09:13 AM   #5712

Did you get rejected for any? Was wondering if we go for 2 interview, will received 2 rejection if we got rejected though

I went for 2 interview as well
I haven't gotten any rejections yet but I know I flunk for both interviews haha.
jellysick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 10:02 AM   #5713

Any cases of successful appeals? Will the appeal interview be in a group as well?
iscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 10:24 AM   #5714

I haven't gotten any rejections yet but I know I flunk for both interviews haha.
Mine also still processing but my interview on 6 May
jingyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #5715

Mine also still processing but my interview on 6 May
Apparently from SIT website, it states that "SITís admission interviews are conducted from February to May. Most applicants will receive the outcome of their applications from April to June."
Does this means we might have a little hope?
jellysick is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.