Murdoch University(Kaplan)

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dun wan to be a wet blanket but one of my lec in suss who has lots of experience on hr recruitment, etc with different companies told me that they will onli consider those candidates who had studied full duration, e.g 3 years for degree

those without such as 1.5-2yrs short duration can complete the degree de the resume most throw one side.....

It's pretty much established that private degrees are seen as inferior to local degrees by a lot of HR departments unless you have a wealth of experience to back you up.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 years still ok depend on amount of modules (eg: 24 modules for 2 years) you take.

Some only needs you to have degree certificate to deploy you to work on site since you have experience.

But no matter what, NUS/NTU/SMU will be better then UniSIM/SIT/STUD & finally PEIs.

dun wan to be a wet blanket but one of my lec in suss who has lots of experience on hr recruitment, etc with different companies told me that they will onli consider those candidates who had studied full duration, e.g 3 years for degree

those without such as 1.5-2yrs short duration can complete the degree de the resume most throw one side.....

onepiecepop

Reaction score
2 years still ok depend on amount of modules (eg: 24 modules for 2 years) you take.

Some only needs you to have degree certificate to deploy you to work on site since you have experience.

But no matter what, NUS/NTU/SMU will be better then UniSIM/SIT/STUD & finally PEIs.

yup wat my lec meant is that some choose private degree since the cost and time spent is cheaper and shorter. but if compare the cost/per time verus duration spent, quality of the degree, recognition, etc, it shld be better to choose unisim over private degree since it is now 6th autonomous uni in SG.

Clone_

Reaction score
Since private degrees are all inferior, is it better to just complete it ASAP since one year of working experience would be much more beneficial than an extra year of studying?
e.g taking a 2 year degree as opposed to a 3 year one.

Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It depend & this is my view if I am the Recruiter or Hiring Manager.

Degree course from UK university have 3 trimesters in a year & each trimester I have around 4 modules (1 year is 12 modules). Why I can accept 2 years (2nd & 3rd year) course cause most of the 1st year are foundation modules that cover during ITE or Polytechnic.

Those 1 to 1.5 year degree course from UK university conducted by PEI only have 4 modules for total course which mean it is actually just one trimester standard. And i expect you should get good grades cause you only do 1 or 2 modules for 1/2 a year. However you lose out cause I don't think you have the necessary skill & knowledge to be competent compare to other fresh graduate.

Next is depend on my assignments that I tendered. If tender requirement allow any degree, I can consider those 1 year degree from PEI cause your working experience cover the skill & knowledge that you lack in your degree course. However if my tender requirement only allow degree recognized by professional bodies like PEB Sg, then I only take NUS & NTU BEng graduates.

Since private degrees are all inferior, is it better to just complete it ASAP since one year of working experience would be much more beneficial than an extra year of studying?

yup wat my lec meant is that some choose private degree since the cost and time spent is cheaper and shorter. but if compare the cost/per time verus duration spent, quality of the degree, recognition, etc, it shld be better to choose unisim over private degree since it is now 6th autonomous uni in SG.

onepiecepop

Reaction score

lots of variables to consider.

your time, money required, saving, commitment, work, etc...
u planning to study full time? u can actually acquire experience studying and working at the same time. well not easy to juggle both though. either way, try to have a more holistic and long term view before committing to another decision. Cheers. :)

PandoraZone

Reaction score
lots of variables to consider.

your time, money required, saving, commitment, work, etc...
u planning to study full time? u can actually acquire experience studying and working at the same time. well not easy to juggle both though. either way, try to have a more holistic and long term view before committing to another decision. Cheers. :)

How's their HR modules? Anyone taking? More class work or written exams? What about the class size and passing rate?

Last edited:

neednoyou

Reaction score
Changing economies of Asia

hi guys

i would like to check if any of you have taken changing economies of asia.
if yes, i sincerely appreciate if you can guide me on the assignment part. I stuck here. :(

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score

ya.and i heard they say,among all the private degress, murdoch one of the most "useless" one the cert. its not very recognised even in their own country or smth like that. Not i say one ah. just quoting.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.