HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need help any senior SIT Information security or software engineering in 4 years time

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2018, 07:25 AM   #1

Need help any senior SIT Information security or software engineering in 4 years time

Interested in both course any senior from this both course advice thank you
Dansonzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 07:30 AM   #2

Hi, what advice do you need?

YanYing01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 08:26 AM   #3

Hi, what advice do you need?
Different between both course. Which one had more exam & project ?
Old 16-05-2018, 09:12 AM   #4

https://www.singaporetech.edu.sg/und...ation-security
https://www.singaporetech.edu.sg/und...re-engineering

At this age, spoonfeeding is so wrong. See the year 2 to 4 modules. Those are your only differences.

Last edited by fireblaster_lyz; 16-05-2018 at 09:17 AM..
fireblaster_lyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #5

Both course have exam and project. I can’t really tell u the differences cos everything is depends on professor. And every year will change.

Different between both course. Which one had more exam & project ?
Old 18-05-2018, 12:32 AM   #6

A friend of mine currently in the course said that the SIT information security course is tough. Not sure about the SE one.

ahjin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 12:40 AM   #7

Both courses are one of those toughest courses in SIT. But the hardest would be digipen.

A friend of mine currently in the course said that the SIT information security course is tough. Not sure about the SE one.
Old 19-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #8

Both course have exam and project. I can’t really tell u the differences cos everything is depends on professor. And every year will change.
Thank you for your advice ..i miss this year intake going to apply next year and work for this year. But I had another idea of going SIM UOW which is 1.5 years which is 11 modules and is only 20K 。。
cheaper than local but not sure recognised and mine poly gpa is 3.5

Last edited by Dansonzy; 19-05-2018 at 10:02 PM..
Old 22-05-2018, 09:50 AM   #9
Master Member

Thank you for your advice ..i miss this year intake going to apply next year and work for this year. But I had another idea of going SIM UOW which is 1.5 years which is 11 modules and is only 20K 。。
cheaper than local but not sure recognised and mine poly gpa is 3.5
Depends on whether your parents have the $$ for your fees. SIT longer, more ex, but go financial aid. SIM must pay by cash, financial aid is very limited.
loveaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #10

Depends on whether your parents have the $$ for your fees. SIT longer, more ex, but go financial aid. SIM must pay by cash, financial aid is very limited.
Thank for the reply ..mine parents still can afford mine school fee but is SIT local same as NTU/NUS ? I don’t want to waste 4 years studying for a useless degree. Thank you for your help
Old 28-05-2018, 11:38 AM   #11

Hi, I am a SIT software engineering Year 2. I feel that people who were more IT inclined in poly have an edge over others
AnimalPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #12

Yeap is still the same as NTU/NUS just that u will need to decide whether are you better in theories or practical? If u are better in theories, then might need to consider if want to come to SIT as SIT are more hand-on then NTU/NUS. It is vice versa.

Thank for the reply ..mine parents still can afford mine school fee but is SIT local same as NTU/NUS ? I don’t want to waste 4 years studying for a useless degree. Thank you for your help
Old 28-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #13

Yeap true. I agreed to that because the course is more towards practical rather than theories.

Hi, I am a SIT software engineering Year 2. I feel that people who were more IT inclined in poly have an edge over others
Old 28-05-2018, 01:07 PM   #14

You're specifically looking for SiT seniors to ask them if what their studying for 4 years is a useless waste of time? Doesn't seem like you're gonna get any non-biased answer don't you think.
bartblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #15

I’m stating with my facts as i have went through both SIT and NTU.

You're specifically looking for SiT seniors to ask them if what their studying for 4 years is a useless waste of time? Doesn't seem like you're gonna get any non-biased answer don't you think.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.