HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree356Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #1591

Congratulations to all and happy 2018!

When will we know the contract school, whose appointment briefing is 4th Jan 2018. The Offer letter said that during your appointment, you will be deployed to a school as an untrained teacher. It's really curious to know which school to go to!

Bless everyone.
Mike003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 01:36 AM   #1592

still "in process"

still anxiously waiting for reply. sob sob.... wanted to seek advice here

checked status just now, still "in process" (as of 31 Dec)

was from MOE, NIE trained, taught 4 years and bonded completed, went to HK due to family reasons (mom has stroke) and taught in an International school in HK for another 4 years, while at the same time completed a double master in Education at HKU, now back to Singapore wanted to rejoin the service.

Applied date: 6 Aug
Interview: 30 Oct
Submitted double master cert+transcript on 4 Dec (cos just got it on 2 Dec)

during interview I was told that I will be informed of the outcome from 24 Dec onwards, realised many of you already got confirmation from MOE yet I still received nothing as of today, so very very very worried.

emailed MOE on 26 Dec and the reply was "still processing your application". Any idea if "long wait" means "still have hope" or "no hope, actually declining you in a diplomatic manner"??

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions/ advice here. Many thanks and happy new year!
isabella_d7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 01:48 AM   #1593

was from MOE, NIE trained, taught 4 years and bonded completed, went to HK due to family reasons (mom has stroke) and taught in an International school in HK for another 4 years, while at the same time completed a double master in Education at HKU, now back to Singapore wanted to rejoin the service.

during interview I was told that I will be informed of the outcome from 24 Dec onwards, realised many of you already got confirmation from MOE yet I still received nothing as of today, so very very very worried.

emailed MOE on 26 Dec and the reply was "still processing your application". Any idea if "long wait" means "still have hope" or "no hope, actually declining you in a diplomatic manner"??

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions/ advice here. Many thanks and happy new year!
I don't think you're too worried about your situation, but these days are Public Holidays and you'll have to wait until January 2nd 2018.
Good luck to you and happy new year.
New year, new hope.
Mike003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 12:32 PM   #1594

Hi, we are in the same boat (except I was not from MOE and don't have double masters )

Interview: 8 Nov.
Emailed them on dec 12, they responded on dec 15 with the same non-response you got.

I interviewed for sec math. What about you?
bruceWayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:32 PM   #1595

Thank you so much for your encouragement much appreciated!

I don't think you're too worried about your situation, but these days are Public Holidays and you'll have to wait until January 2nd 2018.
Good luck to you and happy new year.
New year, new hope.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #1596

I think Maths teachers are in demand, you will sure get in
I am under Primary Chinese....

Hi, we are in the same boat (except I was not from MOE and don't have double masters )

Interview: 8 Nov.
Emailed them on dec 12, they responded on dec 15 with the same non-response you got.

I interviewed for sec math. What about you?
Old 02-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #1597

Anyone interviewed for PE PGDE awaiting results too? I understand that for PE PGDE , the nie intake differs from other subjects and is in Jul every year. I am concerned that if I missed the untrained teaching for this Feb intake, I would need to wait till Jul 2019 for the nie intake even if I am subsequently employed by MOE. That is really a Long wait.

Hoping that there would be another appointment briefing in jan for the Feb untrained teaching intake.
leonard_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:56 PM   #1598

I think Maths teachers are in demand, you will sure get in
I am under Primary Chinese....
I doubt so, i have not seen any sec math here yet!
Old 02-01-2018, 04:00 PM   #1599

We note that you have attended the medical examination at RMG and would like to share that your application is being considered in competition with the other applicants shortlisted for employment. If you are selected for appointment, the earliest date that you will be considered to assume duty is in June 2018. You may wish to note that the exact date to assume duty also depends on the processing time of application and applicant’s clearance of the Ministry’s requirements, which could vary across applicants.

oh well.....a good start to 2018....

I am shortlisted for science subjects...it seems like the demand for STEM subjects is freaking low.
Holypewpew123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:07 PM   #1600

Already 407pm, Guess we will not have any MTL EPT result again
Nanatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:22 PM   #1601

We note that you have attended the medical examination at RMG and would like to share that your application is being considered in competition with the other applicants shortlisted for employment. If you are selected for appointment, the earliest date that you will be considered to assume duty is in June 2018. You may wish to note that the exact date to assume duty also depends on the processing time of application and applicant’s clearance of the Ministry’s requirements, which could vary across applicants.

oh well.....a good start to 2018....

I am shortlisted for science subjects...it seems like the demand for STEM subjects is freaking low.
Was this in response to your enquiry to them?

"If you are selected for appointment, the earliest date that you will be considered to assume duty is in June 2018."

GG, means those not offered by now have no chance of making Feb batch?

And what if, they are not shortlisting and offering me cos they don't need any secondary math, is it possible they will only offer for dec 2019 batch O___O

Last edited by bruceWayne5; 02-01-2018 at 04:36 PM..
Old 02-01-2018, 04:52 PM   #1602

Was this in response to your enquiry to them?

"If you are selected for appointment, the earliest date that you will be considered to assume duty is in June 2018."

GG, means those not offered by now have no chance of making Feb batch?

And what if, they are not shortlisting and offering me cos they don't need any secondary math, is it possible they will only offer for dec 2019 batch O___O
Yup. It was a response to my enquiry.

I will wait it out till May 2018. Technically Feb and June Batch are the same. We enter NIE at the same time. Problem now is that we are still not officially confirmed.
Holypewpew123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #1603

Yup. It was a response to my enquiry.

I will wait it out till May 2018. Technically Feb and June Batch are the same. We enter NIE at the same time. Problem now is that we are still not officially confirmed.
I think I will wait till end of the week to poke them again
Old 02-01-2018, 06:09 PM   #1604

I think I will wait till end of the week to poke them again
My status just changed to shortlisted, but I guessed that doesn’t mean anything. I just poked them to ask about possibility of being in the Feb 2018 intake, if shortlisted for appointment. Just trying my luck haha.
leonard_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:09 PM   #1605

My status just changed to shortlisted, but I guessed that doesn’t mean anything. I just poked them to ask about possibility of being in the Feb 2018 intake, if shortlisted for appointment. Just trying my luck haha.
Just checked, mine is still 'in-process'. They really don't want me zzzzz
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.