NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Mamalala

Reaction score
Congrats Pinnex and Panda! I just received mine too :) Shortlisted for Pri Eng and Math.

Congrats halfbaked, when did you go for your medical? When was the medical to be done by?
Thanks in advance.
I am worried as I have still not received any email. All I can do is wait with a positive attitide. Have came this far hope its worth the wait. ☺

13nc13ryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just an update, I just received my offer letter with instructions to go down to MOE for the signing on 7th june! Those still waiting I’m sure it’s otw, don’t worry!

I’ll post my timeline again for anyone who’s concerned. Subject: sec sch math.
Interview: 14th March
Shortlisted for employment: 2nd May
Medical checkup: 8th May (to be done by 17th May)

All the best those still waiting!!

nice Panda.. gxgx.. u only teach maths in sec sch?

emokia

Reaction score
is the master of education opened to non-educational related degree/postgrad/diploma holders? i hold an overseas degree in a non-related study.

Hi Meiteel, may I know if you have already started the Master of eductaion? I received an offer too and I am seeking some advice now,

pomeranian

Reaction score
Hey guys, wanted to update I just got my letter of possible appointment today via email! Ill put up my timeline for those who want to know

Applied: 4 Feb 2018
Interview: 19 March
Shortlist email: 12 April
Medical checkup: 27 April
Appointment email: 6 Jun

Will be teaching sec english and lower sec math. Hope this helps and all the best you all.

Mamalala

Reaction score
Hey guys, wanted to update I just got my letter of possible appointment today via email! Ill put up my timeline for those who want to know

Applied: 4 Feb 2018
Interview: 19 March
Shortlist email: 12 April
Medical checkup: 27 April
Appointment email: 6 Jun

Will be teaching sec english and lower sec math. Hope this helps and all the best you all.

Hi pomeranian, may I know when is your appoinment day? Is it 7th June?

ballo0ngirl

Reaction score
Hi, just saw your post and this makes ponder whether I wanna accept the offer of master of education from NIE. If it does not increase our chances of getting into MOE, shall I just move on ? I am currently study teaching at Australia Uni, wondering if I shoudl continue or go back to NIE, hope you could shade some light on me, thanks!

Hihi, sorry for the late reply. Did not check back for quite some time. I'm not sure if this Masters of mine will increase my chances as I've just applied in the recent window. So im still waiting for news..
I seriously do hope my Masters help in the application. Anyway, this course is rather insightful and enriching, though super tedious and tough. If you love education, you can consider taking it and for other education routes if *touchwood* didnt manage to get into MOE.

ballo0ngirl

Reaction score
is the master of education opened to non-educational related degree/postgrad/diploma holders? i hold an overseas degree in a non-related study.

as far as i know, if you got a degree (overseas or not - need not be education related) and 3 years of experience in education industry, you can apply for it.

strawberryboomboom

Reaction score
May - June Window

Hi all! Can anyone who applied during May - June window update us here if you've received any news? Thank you and good luck to all! :):)

Mamalala

Reaction score
I will be starting work 16 Jul :) My briefing is 14 June so those waiting theres still hope!

Hi i just received the appoinment email this afternoon.

Finally got it.

The rest who still have not got the email its really otw.

To let you all know my time line
Applied early Feb
Interview early April
Shortlisted email early may
Few days later got medical appt
June 7th got appt email

Its like nearly 5 months of wait but it will finally be worth.

It my 3rd try so never give up.

Stay positive.

Last edited:

asdqaz11

Reaction score
Hi,

Checking if anyone has similar timeline. I have waited for quite some time for the outcome.

Applied: Aug 17
Interview: Nov 17
Elept: unable to attend Nov 17, so attended May 18
Medical check up: May 18
Email received on 6 Jun that my application is still being processed and the earliest start date is Dec 18

hegehegeh

Reaction score
Hi I received the appointment email yesterday too and the results for my ELEPT today (sat in May), and my timeline is similar to Mamalala. All the best to those waiting!

CoffeeNeko

Reaction score
Hi all! would like to ask if anyone who applied during the feb period has any idea if we would have any training session or so on and so forth? Before our untrained contract teaching commences. For reference, my contract teaching stint starts mid-July. Thanks in advance! :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.