HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree334Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #1621

Wahhh. Is that why some other applicants here havenít gotten the final confirmation yet? Iím surprised you got offered PE instead cos itís usually the other way round - applied for PE but got offered other ďmore xiongĒ subjects.
:/ till you sign the official letter nothing is confirmed....Are u going ahead with it or gonna apply again? So sry to know about this...

I am shortlisted for STEM subjects....now i am wondering if it is because of that i did not make it for the Feb batch...

I think I will go ahead with it.. I told them to to let me think and call me back tomorrow.

But if they told me earlier, I might have been able to take the PPT earlier, join feb batch, maybe even join july 2018 PE NIE batch.. Just the thought of finishing NIE in july 2021 makes me go
bruceWayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:16 PM   #1622

I think I will go ahead with it.. I told them to to let me think and call me back tomorrow.

But if they told me earlier, I might have been able to take the PPT earlier, join feb batch, maybe even join july 2018 PE NIE batch.. Just the thought of finishing NIE in july 2021 makes me go
That’s true. I wonder why they always take so long It’s good enough that they gave you a day to decide! I was only given an hour when I wanted to change level.
callmezehzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:42 PM   #1623

Lets hope the rest of us here will get into the June batch together! As long as we dont receive rejection letter we should be fine.
Holypewpew123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:07 PM   #1624

Nevermind that. They just called me. So very upset now.

In a nutshell: they asked me if i am okay to switch subject to PE cos of my CCA background and that they can't process me for my STEM subjects.. earliest start untrained teaching June 2018, earliest NIE intake july 2019.. T_T
Omg sorry to hear that. I guessed it could be because of a shortage of PE Teachers as I have heard from some of my teacher friends. I think got to resign to fate that I canít make it for the Jul nie intake for PE already.

Did they say for the June intake for untrained teaching, when is likely to sign contract?
leonard_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:37 PM   #1625

Omg sorry to hear that. I guessed it could be because of a shortage of PE Teachers as I have heard from some of my teacher friends. I think got to resign to fate that I canít make it for the Jul nie intake for PE already.

Did they say for the June intake for untrained teaching, when is likely to sign contract?
Hey leonard, they didn't say.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:41 PM   #1626

hey, thought I'd share a bit, since i experienced something similar. They called (after I already went for medical checkup) to inform that they can no longer offer me the initial subjects and asked if I could change subjects, but I asserted that I'd like to stay rooted in geography because thats what I'm most passionate about. I also mentioned that I'll just try again next year if they really can't offer me the subject. HR then mentioned they'll make a note of it and the call ended. Days later, i got the appointment email!

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide if you wanna go ahead with the switch because it's important that you feel comfortable with the content you'll be teaching, but perhaps they're just trying their luck, since they have their own organisational demands to meet. All the best Bruce!
Thanks for sharing! Just hope everything works out fine, because even if I accept the change tomorrow, I still have to go through the mini-interview, and the PPT, and the wait
Old 03-01-2018, 06:50 PM   #1627

It'll be in all the emails. When you received this email, it meant that you're in the PGDE Program. And under this PGDE, you'll first need to do a contract teaching with your contract school. The details of your contract school will be out 1 week before reporting date. During this period, you're doing contract teaching. You'll have the duties as a regular teacher, just that you are untrained.

Key personnels (VP/P) will have to assess you on classroom management maybe at the 3rd or 4th month. I did mine on the 3rd month, this is the formal observation where they'll decide if you are suitable for teaching. If you are, then they will write in to NIE to recommend you to undergo the 16 month PGDE training. If you're not, then they might give you another chance or extend your contract.

Hope this helps
Oh wow i see. Thank you. Could you give me a brief timeline of the whole contract - pgde thing? Like initially it starts with the contract (x weeks/month duration) .. Then going to nie.. Im not too sure. I did ask them about the timeline and timetable during my interview but they didnt give me an answer. Also normally how long is this contract for the untrained teacher? I feel scared knowing that theres a possibility of being kicked out if the P/VP dont recommend me. :/
nibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:30 PM   #1628

Oh wow i see. Thank you. Could you give me a brief timeline of the whole contract - pgde thing? Like initially it starts with the contract (x weeks/month duration) .. Then going to nie.. Im not too sure. I did ask them about the timeline and timetable during my interview but they didnt give me an answer. Also normally how long is this contract for the untrained teacher? I feel scared knowing that theres a possibility of being kicked out if the P/VP dont recommend me. :/
Do u know how long the briefing will take usually?
Thank you very much
wahahaash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 02:00 PM   #1629

Today is the 5th week, will our MTL EPT say hi to us?? 😪
Nanatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #1630

Today is the 5th week, will our MTL EPT say hi to us?? 😪
I think it is the busy period for MOE HR.....

O lvl and A lvl results releasing soon
New school term just started
New application window opening soon..
And Many more
Holypewpew123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:16 PM   #1631

Do u know how long the briefing will take usually?
Thank you very much
How was briefing? How many people attended?
Dheepu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:31 PM   #1632

How was briefing? How many people attended?
Report at 8:30am. I left around 11am. Quite a lot of ppl. I met some who took CL EPT there as well. They didnít receive the results either.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #1633

Did you see anybody who took TL EPT on 30 november at today's briefing?..Does that mean that those of us who have not received the briefing email or ept results have failed ept?..omg so worried..I really hope so not.

Report at 8:30am. I left around 11am. Quite a lot of ppl. I met some who took CL EPT there as well. They didnít receive the results either.
parames82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:49 PM   #1634

We should still receive the statement of results rite even if pass or fail?..I wonder why taking so long...Will there be another briefing for feb contract teaching stint?..Already pushed from Dec 22 intake..now if we were to miss feb intake then next is june..its so longggggg😣
parames82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:52 PM   #1635

Did you see anybody who took TL EPT on 30 november at today's briefing?..Does that mean that those of us who have not received the briefing email or ept results have failed ept?..omg so worried..I really hope so not.
I am sorry that I cannot recognize those who has taken TL EPT. I think as long as your status is not changed to rejected, thereís still hope. They need time to settle things I guess.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.