HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2018, 04:56 PM   #1636

Hope for the best..lets see : )

I am sorry that I cannot recognize those who has taken TL EPT. I think as long as your status is not changed to rejected, there’s still hope. They need time to settle things I guess.
parames82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:05 PM   #1637

I feel so worried !!!
Nanatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:15 PM   #1638

Yes me too..5 weeks and still havent receive results..have you received medical email yet?..Or maybe you dont need to go for medical as you are already AED?

I feel so worried !!!
Old 04-01-2018, 05:28 PM   #1639

Have faith! You can!
wahahaash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #1640

Thank you : )

Have faith! You can!
Old 04-01-2018, 05:47 PM   #1641

Yes me too..5 weeks and still havent receive results..have you received medical email yet?..Or maybe you dont need to go for medical as you are already AED?
Might need cos we need to go through exactly the same as the rest
Nanatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:59 PM   #1642

Ok, they called me, lets hope I don't have to do another lesson presentation.

But in case I need to, can anyone who did PE give some pointers? Thanks!

Last edited by bruceWayne5; 04-01-2018 at 06:45 PM..
bruceWayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:17 PM   #1643

Ok, they called me, lets hope I don't have to do another lesson presentation.

But in case I need to, can anyone who did PE give some pointers? Thanks!
I think the objective of the PE lesson plan is to assess how we manage the class, Not so much focus on the content. I was interrupted right at the onset, flooded with super a lot of scenarios and questions from the “students”. Recalled one scenario where I tried to get the students into groups but one student voiced out said he don’t want to be in the same group as another student. Then another student said I favoured the other student. Super headache hahah ...

My lesson plan was on Soccer for primary 6. I divided my lesson plan into a warm up segment before the actual game itself. I didn’t manage to even move to the actual game itself as I was flooded with questions when I was at the warm up stage. The interviewers said it is ok because they just want me to experience how it is like conducting a lesson. So just be prepared that the lesson plan will be interrupted and just go with the flow. Be calm and confident to answer their questions.

Also a point to note. I did use the whiteboard to illustrate to the “students”. As my audience is primary school student, the interviewer did share with me that it is better to illustrate to the student using actual demo on the field instead of using whiteboard.
leonard_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:30 PM   #1644

I think the objective of the PE lesson plan is to assess how we manage the class, Not so much focus on the content. I was interrupted right at the onset, flooded with super a lot of scenarios and questions from the “students”. Recalled one scenario where I tried to get the students into groups but one student voiced out said he don’t want to be in the same group as another student. Then another student said I favoured the other student. Super headache hahah ...

My lesson plan was on Soccer for primary 6. I divided my lesson plan into a warm up segment before the actual game itself. I didn’t manage to even move to the actual game itself as I was flooded with questions when I was at the warm up stage. The interviewers said it is ok because they just want me to experience how it is like conducting a lesson. So just be prepared that the lesson plan will be interrupted and just go with the flow. Be calm and confident to answer their questions.

Also a point to note. I did use the whiteboard to illustrate to the “students”. As my audience is primary school student, the interviewer did share with me that it is better to illustrate to the student using actual demo on the field instead of using whiteboard.
Got it! Thanks for the info!
bruceWayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:21 PM   #1645

Hi guys,
I applied Pri Chinese, intake 5th Feb 2018. Appointment briefing was today.
Is there a WhatsApp group for Pri Chinese intake 5th Feb 2018?
Convenient for communication, thanks very much!
Mike003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:16 PM   #1646

Did you see anybody who took TL EPT on 30 november at today's briefing?..Does that mean that those of us who have not received the briefing email or ept results have failed ept?..omg so worried..I really hope so not.
At my briefing last week, I met 3 ladies who are going to teach primary Tamil wef 5th Feb.

2 of them were allied educators for 5 years before there are vacancies. From the conversation, they are really passionate about teaching.

The 3rd lady was seated 2 seats away; didn't get to interact much.
roxysquare88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:53 PM   #1647

Hi guys,
I applied Pri Chinese, intake 5th Feb 2018. Appointment briefing was today.
Is there a WhatsApp group for Pri Chinese intake 5th Feb 2018?
Convenient for communication, thanks very much!
I wanna join the group as well. Forgot to ask phone number...
wahahaash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:38 AM   #1648

Thank you : )I think the 2 ladies who were allied educators did not take TL Ept on 30 nov...There were only three of us that day..anyway Thank you and wish you all the best!

At my briefing last week, I met 3 ladies who are going to teach primary Tamil wef 5th Feb.

2 of them were allied educators for 5 years before there are vacancies. From the conversation, they are really passionate about teaching.

The 3rd lady was seated 2 seats away; didn't get to interact much.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:43 AM   #1649

Anyone here applying as trained teachers (with teaching qualifications and/or experience)?

Any news from MOE so far? Mine is still "in process"... Long wait.
isabella_d7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:53 AM   #1650

Hi, I will be starting 5th Feb, teaching Primary CL.

Danny here.

Please PM me and we will take it from there. WA group for "internship" peer support.
roxysquare88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.