HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2018, 11:00 AM   #1711

Any update?? I just received a call from HR asking me to go for LBS interview ( I applied for EO and LBS last year). I told the lady that i haven received any updates from EO and she was like "eh so Long??". She advised me to go for interview and in case I got both the job, I can consider which one is my preference. Now I feeling scare that is it I got rejected for EO.
I got rejection email this morning.
Dheepu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:03 AM   #1712

I got rejection email this morning.
Im sorry to hear that. Think all of us will be receiving update soon. Now Im really praying hard. I emailed them and they are not answering my question. Even my VP did not received any update from them!!
Nanatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #1713

i got this feeling there might be a hiring freeze for STEM teachers for the next 2 years(until 2019).
due to the JC merging up to 260 teachers have to be reallocated. Plus the economy is not doing that great , many teachers who are contemplating a career change are also unable to find alternative employment outside, leading to a lower attrition rate within MOE. That is probably why we are seeing many people who got shortlisted and even went for the medical interview being rejected in the end as there is simply not enough vacancies to fill.
Cesium-137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:06 PM   #1714

Oh no~ That's not good news

i got this feeling there might be a hiring freeze for STEM teachers for the next 2 years(until 2019).
due to the JC merging up to 260 teachers have to be reallocated. Plus the economy is not doing that great , many teachers who are contemplating a career change are also unable to find alternative employment outside, leading to a lower attrition rate within MOE. That is probably why we are seeing many people who got shortlisted and even went for the medical interview being rejected in the end as there is simply not enough vacancies to fill.
isabella_d7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 12:51 PM   #1715

Oh no~ That's not good news
Anyone gonna reapply again? I will try again for june

Last edited by Holypewpew123; 14-01-2018 at 12:54 PM..
Holypewpew123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 12:36 PM   #1716

Anyone gonna reapply again? I will try again for june
i'm gonna apply again for the Feb application period. No harm trying even though i doubt ill even be called up for an interview since i just got rejected during the last application cycle.
Cesium-137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #1717

i'm gonna apply again for the Feb application period. No harm trying even though i doubt ill even be called up for an interview since i just got rejected during the last application cycle.
Probably my last try...getting shortlisted for stem subjects was hard enough....there is a teaching session talk on the 3rd Feb which i have registered. I think it will be useful to have an idea of their demand.
Holypewpew123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 04:53 PM   #1718

Hi guys,

Where can I find info on the 3 Feb MOE TEACH session?
I most prob will try this Feb. STEM though, sound like no chance.

Probably my last try...getting shortlisted for stem subjects was hard enough....there is a teaching session talk on the 3rd Feb which i have registered. I think it will be useful to have an idea of their demand.
pammee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 12:26 AM   #1719

Hi guys,

Where can I find info on the 3 Feb MOE TEACH session?
I most prob will try this Feb. STEM though, sound like no chance.
To register, use this link on the MOE website: http://www.moe.gov.sg/inspire
pammee likes this.
simplylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 02:28 PM   #1720

Thank you how many of us are going?
*me raise hand*

To register, use this link on the MOE
pammee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 07:38 AM   #1721

Im sorry to hear that. Think all of us will be receiving update soon. Now Im really praying hard. I emailed them and they are not answering my question. Even my VP did not received any update from them!!
Nanatata,

Have you received the offer letter?
Dheepu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 09:40 AM   #1722

For those who have signed the appointment letter and will commence their untrained teaching stint on Feb 5, have you all received your school posting?
turnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #1723

For those who have signed the appointment letter and will commence their untrained teaching stint on Feb 5, have you all received your school posting?
No news...
wahahaash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #1724

Nanatata,

Have you received the offer letter?
Nope but I went for LBS interview on Monday
Nanatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 11:29 PM   #1725

For trained teachers, I received appointment letter last Friday about attending the briefing on 5 Feb (same day as the untrained) and report to school on 12 March.
Guess the letters should be out around this period of time. All the best and looking forward to seeing you all on 5 Feb.
isabella_d7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.