HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree356Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2018, 11:30 PM   #1771

Got my offer letter today 🙏🏻 was shocked to see the SMS and email when I woke up, so thankful!

I applied last September so those from that batch still waiting, donít lose faith!

Anyone going for the appointment briefing on 8 March? Good luck to all of you!
pammee and yyyxxx like this.
penguin333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 08:57 AM   #1772

wow congrats!!! They offer you GP in JC ya?
may I ask if u r mid-career and which degree?
really happy for you
mind sharing ur timeline too?
TIA

Got my offer letter today 🙏🏻 was shocked to see the SMS and email when I woke up, so thankful!

I applied last September so those from that batch still waiting, donít lose faith!

Anyone going for the appointment briefing on 8 March? Good luck to all of you!
pammee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 12:07 PM   #1773

If teaching is your calling, keep trying.

I applied for PGDE last October, and I am grateful that the ministry expedited my application to start in February. I was not the typical mainstream applicant (i.e. NUS NTU SMU graduates). In fact, I was a university dropout because I wanted to earn a living for myself first. Nonetheless, I was still accepted and am presently doing the teaching stint in a primary school.

It is definitely NOT about how good you are, BUT how well your personality fits the job. That's why, some subject-matter experts like journalists, scientists etc applied for the job but were rejected.

Highlight all the facts that you already know about teaching, especially the bane. Be yourself, answer their questions truthfully, and be confident (honesty gives you confidence). If you genuinely have the passion, demonstrate it during the interview.

Good luck!

(I love going to school. Besides seeing the children grow, I love how (most of) my colleagues are nurturing, kind and friendly towards one another. All thanks to the effective recruitment process.)
Couldnít agree more. I am also not from the local universities, though I qualified for NTU because of my ďAĒ level results. I was fortunate to be selected on my first attempt and am currently teaching in a primary school. It is a stressful and demanding job, but the job satisfaction is great. I look forward to going to school, seeing my students and teaching them. I need not just look forward to my holidays, unlike the time when I was working at my previous job. To all those who were unsuccessful following the interview, if teaching is what you really want, please try again! We need more dedicated teachers like yourselves! All the best! Donít give up!

Last edited by Phoebe1928; 26-02-2018 at 10:23 PM..
Phoebe1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 09:59 AM   #1774

I couldnít agree more! Iím also currently teaching in primary school and I also enjoy the job satisfaction and my interaction with my kids. Those who are still awaiting for their outcome donít give up! If itís what you really want u will definitely get it! Press on!!
Couldnít agree more. I am also not from the local universities, though I qualified for NTU because of my ďAĒ level results. I was fortunate to be selected on my first attempt and am currently teaching in a primary school. It is a stressful and demanding job, but the job satisfaction is great. I look forward to going to school, seeing my students and teaching them. I need not just look forward to my holidays, unlike the time when I was working in my previous job. To all those who were unsuccessful following the interview, if teaching is what you really want, please try again! We need more dedicated teachers like yourselves! All the best! Donít give up!
Colling15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 10:13 AM   #1775

Couldnít agree more. I am also not from the local universities, though I qualified for NTU because of my ďAĒ level results. I was fortunate to be selected on my first attempt and am currently teaching in a primary school. It is a stressful and demanding job, but the job satisfaction is great. I look forward to going to school, seeing my students and teaching them. I need not just look forward to my holidays, unlike the time when I was working in my previous job. To all those who were unsuccessful following the interview, if teaching is what you really want, please try again! We need more dedicated teachers like yourselves! All the best! Donít give up!
Thank you for the encouragement! Can you share your timeline and your background? Thank you!
Angela999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #1776

I couldnít agree more! Iím also currently teaching in primary school and I also enjoy the job satisfaction and my interaction with my kids. Those who are still awaiting for their outcome donít give up! If itís what you really want u will definitely get it! Press on!!
Thank you! there's no updates yet. Anyone had any updates?
Old 26-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #1777

Thank you colling, phoebe, roxy, penguin and everyone here for the encouraging words!
May I ask if anyone got offer (2017 rounds) for other subjects than
MT & PE?
Any Mid-career (more than 5 years working outside) success?
TIA

Angela, so far nothing too T_T
pammee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 05:49 PM   #1778

Pamme, I got offered EL and Math(Pri). I applied during the mar 2017 window.

Thank you colling, phoebe, roxy, penguin and everyone here for the encouraging words!
May I ask if anyone got offer (2017 rounds) for other subjects than
MT & PE?
Any Mid-career (more than 5 years working outside) success?
TIA

Angela, so far nothing too T_T
pammee likes this.
Colling15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 10:31 PM   #1779

Hi all,

New here!

Just an update for those who've also applied during the Feb window.
I received an email from MOE today telling me I've been shortlisted and asking me to fill up an Annex A form.

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well.

Good luck to all!
yyyxxx likes this.
ywlwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 08:32 AM   #1780

Hi all,

New here!

I received an email from MOE today telling me I've been shortlisted and asking me to fill up an Annex A form.

Good luck to all!

Congrats! May I know when did u send in your application? Isit at the start of the window?
Old 27-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #1781
Supremacy Member

Hi all,

New here!

Good luck to all!
can I ask what subjects did u apply for and ur highest qualifications? congrats!!
13nc13ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 04:40 PM   #1782

Congrats! May I know when did u send in your application? Isit at the start of the window?
Would like to know as well
yyyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 11:20 PM   #1783

No, I submitted outside of the application window actually.. Last Nov haha.
So mine could be the first few to be processed if they go by date of application.

can I ask what subjects did u apply for and ur highest qualifications? congrats!!
I applied for Sec Math and Pri English & Math.
I have a Bachelor degree from local Uni.
pammee likes this.
ywlwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #1784

No, I submitted outside of the application window actually.. Last Nov haha.
So mine could be the first few to be processed if they go by date of application.

I applied for Sec Math and Pri English & Math.
I have a Bachelor degree from local Uni.

Thank you for the info! Good luck all and do keep here updated with your timeline
Old 01-03-2018, 10:59 AM   #1785

Interview

I applied for Maths and Geog (Sec) but got offered POA and Business classes. Anyone know the demand and life of a POA teacher?

Guessed they have alot of Maths teachers and I have an accounting degree as well, so they offered me the above subjects!

Good luck everyone!
pammee likes this.
crischinsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.