HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree322Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2018, 07:24 PM   #1891

May I ask have you received any email about the interview details after moe call you? How long it takes to get the email?
1 week before interview date
Mantoyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #1892

May I ask have you received any email about the interview details after moe call you? How long it takes to get the email?
mine 1 month....
blacklen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 11:19 PM   #1893

Hello! Does anyone know if itís possible for the shortlisted subjects to be changed?
halfbaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 04:09 PM   #1894

I actually asked a similar question in my past interview, from what i understand from the interviewers , you are expected to have content knowledge of what you are assigned to teach. Unlike for those entering NIE with dip/A levels and taking the Degree in education; Mid career applicants with 1st degree are expected to be proficient in the subjects they have applied for, thats why the PGDE is much shorter than the degree course as they exclude the content knowledge portion.
The only exception is PE , where the PGDE is longer as they have to include in content knowledge. But as a new teacher you will def be assigned a mentor to guide you along.
oh my that sounds quite scary... feel like i won't really know what to teach the students 😭 they will let us observe lessons first though, right?
penguin333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 11:13 PM   #1895

Hi anyone has offer or call from ntu nie bachelor of arts/science yet?? Im rlly anxious
Hello I applied too and I havenít receive any calls/emails yet.
funnytomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 08:44 AM   #1896

Omg yknow i think i only applied for the sponsored one not the full fee paying one sigh... i didnt know full fee paying and sponsored is 2 seperate applications. Sponsored is apply thru ntu and moe, fully paid is apply thru ntu and must fax/mail an application over.
hottomato99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 08:46 AM   #1897

But like yknow i call moe they say the bach arts/sci is fully sponsored, then i reread nie website they say got both sponsored and non sponsored im so confused
hottomato99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 10:29 AM   #1898
Master Member

Hello! Does anyone know if itís possible for the shortlisted subjects to be changed?
No guarantees but it is possible from what I hear. Just that subject to long drawn out process.

How did you all prepare for the demostration? Jin nervous sia
It is only 5 minutes so just clearly define what you want to cover. Won't have more than enough time for 1 clear concept
magicianhisoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 12:14 PM   #1899

No guarantees but it is possible from what I hear. Just that subject to long drawn out process.

It is only 5 minutes so just clearly define what you want to cover. Won't have more than enough time for 1 clear concept
Thanks
blacklen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 02:13 PM   #1900

Thank you! I'll remain hopeful and see what happens at the interview.
halfbaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 11:01 AM   #1901

portal states "shortlisted" instead of "in process"

Hi, new here. I wonder whether it means we got the job if the portal states "shortlisted" now, instead of "In process" like it used to. Anyone received the email of offer yet? Or rejection? Superrrr worried Applied Feb 2018, interview was in early march. No updates.
bobochacha27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 11:18 AM   #1902

hi there.. anyone applied for pgde feb 2018 window and the application status still says "submitted''?
tiutiu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #1903

Hi, new here. I wonder whether it means we got the job if the portal states "shortlisted" now, instead of "In process" like it used to. Anyone received the email of offer yet? Or rejection? Superrrr worried Applied Feb 2018, interview was in early march. No updates.
Hello, may i just enquire what role you applied for? I attended interviews for Counselling without training in early march and my status still states "In Process".
qwertyqwerty12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 01:54 PM   #1904

Hello, may i just enquire what role you applied for? I attended interviews for Counselling without training in early march and my status still states "In Process".
i applied for PGDE
bobochacha27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 02:25 PM   #1905

Anyone receive mail calling for interview at last minutes b4 ? For example, last day for Feb 2018 intake shud be 2nd April, anyone before get contact last day or last few days ? Stay positive
hi jake! may i know wht does your application status say as of now? thank you in advance!
tiutiu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.