HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2018, 10:25 PM   #2221

Omg! Congrats!!
Thank you! All the best for your interview!
funnytomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 10:44 PM   #2222

Hi guys, Iím going for interview on 13th July for Dip Ed Chinese, anyone too? My preferred subject is English but itís only offered to PGDE level. Does anyone know if I need to take EPT for both EL and CL if I passed the interview? My ĎOí grades for CLĖ A1, ELĖ B4 .

Background story.
Iím a fresh poly grad and have been working part time as a student care teacher for close to 4 months now. Basically, I guide P1-6 kids with their homeworks and assessments. The thing is I am supposed to be starting school in a private uni next month but Iím thinking of forgoing my place and wait hopefully for MOE outcome instead. Itís a 2 year programme (unrelated course) from June 2018 to June 2020 so I will not be able to study while waiting for MOE since the stint begins in Feb 2019 and the selection process will take up to 6 months (as heard from previous applicants). Mainly because if my application is successful, I would definitely want to withdraw from the course, but I wonít be able to get any refund for the tuition fees paid (this is really a great deal for me since Iím not financially well off). But letís say my application is unsuccessful, I will apply for SUSS part time BA English/Chinese, and after graduating, try to go for PGDE...

My point is that teaching in a school is something I really want to do and also picture myself doing in the future so I got to ace this interview!!

Sorry for sharing this here but would appreciate if you guys can take time and share your thoughts on this with me. Thanks!

Last edited by Vellabb; 25-06-2018 at 10:51 PM..
Vellabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 07:10 AM   #2223

thanks for the tips!!! Have you done the PPT before?
yup. seen a lot of ppl struggling in these 2 stations. Saw ppl injured themselves during gymnastics as well.
lonely_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #2224

Hi guys, Iím going for interview on 13th July for Dip Ed Chinese, anyone too? My preferred subject is English but itís only offered to PGDE level. Does anyone know if I need to take EPT for both EL and CL if I passed the interview? My ĎOí grades for CLĖ A1, ELĖ B4 .

Background story.
Iím a fresh poly grad and have been working part time as a student care teacher for close to 4 months now. Basically, I guide P1-6 kids with their homeworks and assessments. The thing is I am supposed to be starting school in a private uni next month but Iím thinking of forgoing my place and wait hopefully for MOE outcome instead. Itís a 2 year programme (unrelated course) from June 2018 to June 2020 so I will not be able to study while waiting for MOE since the stint begins in Feb 2019 and the selection process will take up to 6 months (as heard from previous applicants). Mainly because if my application is successful, I would definitely want to withdraw from the course, but I wonít be able to get any refund for the tuition fees paid (this is really a great deal for me since Iím not financially well off). But letís say my application is unsuccessful, I will apply for SUSS part time BA English/Chinese, and after graduating, try to go for PGDE...

My point is that teaching in a school is something I really want to do and also picture myself doing in the future so I got to ace this interview!!

Sorry for sharing this here but would appreciate if you guys can take time and share your thoughts on this with me. Thanks!
I think having the passion for teaching is very important. Exemption from EPT is applicable if ur o-level english is B3 an above.

I think you have to weigh it carefully. Do take note if your application is unsuccessful, you will have to wait another 6 months before you can reapply again.
Old 26-06-2018, 09:34 AM   #2225

yup. seen a lot of ppl struggling in these 2 stations. Saw ppl injured themselves during gymnastics as well.
Omg lol Iím a little bit worried now. Howís the swimming tho? Any idea whatís the depth of the pool haha
funnytomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 09:53 AM   #2226

Omg lol I’m a little bit worried now. How’s the swimming tho? Any idea what’s the depth of the pool haha
normal training pool. 25m in length. swim using breaststroke can already. no time limit just finish can already. I'm not a strong swimmer but managed to pass it.

territorial game requires you to pass and catch. similar to captains ball. a lot of running so please do not have a heavy lunch.

badminton, as long as you can rally. you don't need to smash or do complicated stuffs. Please play nicely between one another so that everyone can pass. Choose a partner carefully. Some ppl cannot play while some others keep smashing for no reason.

Last edited by lonely_driver; 26-06-2018 at 10:02 AM..
Old 26-06-2018, 01:31 PM   #2227

I think having the passion for teaching is very important. Exemption from EPT is applicable if ur o-level english is B3 an above.

I think you have to weigh it carefully. Do take note if your application is unsuccessful, you will have to wait another 6 months before you can reapply again.
I tried to apply for PGDE Primary Chinese teacher on September 2017, I got a chance for interview but hadn't grasp it. I reapplied for the 2018 February's intake and received unsuccessful email without a chance for interview. I thought this is due to I haven't wait for that 6 months.

For the intake 2018 May, I tried my best to prepare, but until now, I haven't receive any feedback. I am wondering is this because I failed the application on February and that 6 months recounted? If this is the reason, I have to stop reapplying for intake on August and continue next year.

Can anyone share your experience with me here? Thanks a lot.
persper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 02:06 PM   #2228

I tried to apply for PGDE Primary Chinese teacher on September 2017, I got a chance for interview but hadn't grasp it. I reapplied for the 2018 February's intake and received unsuccessful email without a chance for interview. I thought this is due to I haven't wait for that 6 months.

For the intake 2018 May, I tried my best to prepare, but until now, I haven't receive any feedback. I am wondering is this because I failed the application on February and that 6 months recounted? If this is the reason, I have to stop reapplying for intake on August and continue next year.

Can anyone share your experience with me here? Thanks a lot.
Nope. it is not recounted. Your May application would have gone through. It will take weeks and sometimes months before you get any indication/ feedback. Depends on the subjects ur shorlisted for as well. it is a long tedious process. I know of some who waited a year before they got an indication.
Old 26-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #2229

Nope. it is not recounted. Your May application would have gone through. It will take weeks and sometimes months before you get any indication/ feedback. Depends on the subjects ur shorlisted for as well. it is a long tedious process. I know of some who waited a year before they got an indication.
What a pity! I thought at least I will get a chance for interview this time. I got two testimonials from my previous working school and tuition centre, and spent months to prepare for the interview.

Never mind, wait another two months for the next intake. I really want to make teaching my life long career.

Thanks a lot for your information.
persper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 05:11 PM   #2230

Thank you! All the best for your interview!
Thanks, you too! Did they indicate which subject you're shortlisted for in he email?
Kerluer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 06:31 PM   #2231

Hi, I have been considered for primary English and Math. Interview in July and Iím feeling nervous after reading about peopleís experiences with the whole process on this forum.
Hey, my interview i on the 17th. How about yours? Wanna prep up together?
GilaQila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 08:31 PM   #2232

Hi, I have been considered for primary English and Math. Interview in July and Iím feeling nervous after reading about peoyou pleís experiences with the whole process on this forum.
your first subject is English?

Can we do the Lesson on our second subJect (math)?

Whic nsubject do you plan on presenting?
lo3xlo2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 08:35 PM   #2233

Hey, my interview i on the 17th. How about yours? Wanna prep up together?
Hello, I donít mind prepping together since we have similar levels and subjects. Canít send you a PM though, Iím a new member.
nowprinting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 08:39 PM   #2234

your first subject is English?

Can we do the Lesson on our second subJect (math)?

Whic nsubject do you plan on presenting?
Yup, my first subject is English. I think for the subject Iíll present on, Iíll refer to the email that theyíll send me closer to the date. I didnít quite catch whether they specified which subject we should be presenting on during the phone call.
nowprinting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 12:47 PM   #2235

Background story.

Hi! may i know did they call or did they email you to inform? and when did you receive it? still waiting for a reply from them and iím getting worried here :/ (applied during the may-june intake for diped)
lemonadeslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.