HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree302Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2018, 12:47 PM   #2236

Hi guys, Iím going for interview on 13th July for Dip Ed Chinese, anyone too? My preferred subject is English but itís only offered to PGDE level. Does anyone know if I need to take EPT for both EL and CL if I passed the interview? My ĎOí grades for CLĖ A1, ELĖ B4 .

Background story.
Iím a fresh poly grad and have been working part time as a student care teacher for close to 4 months now. Basically, I guide P1-6 kids with their homeworks and assessments. The thing is I am supposed to be starting school in a private uni next month but Iím thinking of forgoing my place and wait hopefully for MOE outcome instead. Itís a 2 year programme (unrelated course) from June 2018 to June 2020 so I will not be able to study while waiting for MOE since the stint begins in Feb 2019 and the selection process will take up to 6 months (as heard from previous applicants). Mainly because if my application is successful, I would definitely want to withdraw from the course, but I wonít be able to get any refund for the tuition fees paid (this is really a great deal for me since Iím not financially well off). But letís say my application is unsuccessful, I will apply for SUSS part time BA English/Chinese, and after graduating, try to go for PGDE...

My point is that teaching in a school is something I really want to do and also picture myself doing in the future so I got to ace this interview!!

Sorry for sharing this here but would appreciate if you guys can take time and share your thoughts on this with me. Thanks!

Hi! may i know did they call or did they email you to inform? and when did you receive it? still waiting for a reply from them and iím getting worried here :/ (applied during the may-june intake for diped)
lemonadeslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #2237

Hi! may i know did they call or did they email you to inform? and when did you receive it? still waiting for a reply from them and iím getting worried here :/ (applied during the may-june intake for diped)
Hi Lemon, this is my current timeline

Applied for DipEd CL 20 May
Email shortlisted for interview 22 June
Call shortlisted for interview 23 June
Email interview details 26 June
& currently waiting for interview on 13 July

They also sent SMS throughout about the email and calls to be expected. May I ask what subject did you applied for and did you just graduated from a poly too?
Vellabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 08:56 PM   #2238
Supremacy Member

Hi, maybe a lil irrelevant. Did anyone apply for MOE kindergarten teacher training programme and got shortlisted for interview?
Aspiringparamedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 01:14 AM   #2239

Hi Vellabb and GilaQila, Iíve dropped yíall a pm with some interview information/tips! Iím not so sure how the PM alerts go because Iíve never pm-ed people before! So message me if you have any questions!

Hi guys, Iím going for interview on 13th July for Dip Ed Chinese, anyone too? My preferred subject is English but itís only offered to PGDE level. Does anyone know if I need to take EPT for both EL and CL if I passed the interview? My ĎOí grades for CLĖ A1, ELĖ B4 .

Background story.
Iím a fresh poly grad and have been working part time as a student care teacher for close to 4 months now. Basically, I guide P1-6 kids with their homeworks and assessments. The thing is I am supposed to be starting school in a private uni next month but Iím thinking of forgoing my place and wait hopefully for MOE outcome instead. Itís a 2 year programme (unrelated course) from June 2018 to June 2020 so I will not be able to study while waiting for MOE since the stint begins in Feb 2019 and the selection process will take up to 6 months (as heard from previous applicants). Mainly because if my application is successful, I would definitely want to withdraw from the course, but I wonít be able to get any refund for the tuition fees paid (this is really a great deal for me since Iím not financially well off). But letís say my application is unsuccessful, I will apply for SUSS part time BA English/Chinese, and after graduating, try to go for PGDE...

My point is that teaching in a school is something I really want to do and also picture myself doing in the future so I got to ace this interview!!

Sorry for sharing this here but would appreciate if you guys can take time and share your thoughts on this with me. Thanks!
Panda2082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 02:49 AM   #2240

Hi Lemon, this is my current timeline

Applied for DipEd CL 20 May
Email shortlisted for interview 22 June
Call shortlisted for interview 23 June
Email interview details 26 June
& currently waiting for interview on 13 July

They also sent SMS throughout about the email and calls to be expected. May I ask what subject did you applied for and did you just graduated from a poly too?
i applied for MT too! just graduated from JC and applied with A level cert :/
lemonadeslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 12:37 PM   #2241

Hi Vellabb and GilaQila, Iíve dropped yíall a pm with some interview information/tips! Iím not so sure how the PM alerts go because Iíve never pm-ed people before! So message me if you have any questions!
Hi Panda, I tried replying your PM but couldnít because I donít have 10 post counts Do you think I can text you or something? Thanks
Vellabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 10:14 PM   #2242

Hi Panda, I tried replying your PM but couldnít because I donít have 10 post counts Do you think I can text you or something? Thanks
Hi! Dropped you a PM with my email! Feel free to email me any questions you may have!
Panda2082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 11:28 PM   #2243

Hello! To those who have already started/finished contract teaching, do you have any tips/advice to those who are waiting to start? Was there anything you wish you had prepared or read up on?

I have some time before starting contract teaching in July so I hope I can put it to good use.

Thank you!
halfbaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 09:24 AM   #2244

Hi All,

Anybody here applied for Untrained DipEd in Art for Feb/July Intake 2019 got any news already?
Ha_08_Nie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 09:38 AM   #2245
Master Member

Hello! To those who have already started/finished contract teaching, do you have any tips/advice to those who are waiting to start? Was there anything you wish you had prepared or read up on?

I have some time before starting contract teaching in July so I hope I can put it to good use.

Thank you!
I've been doing relief teaching with actual teaching workload so here's my advice:

1) ask yourself how firm you can or want to be. You'll encounter scenarios where you'll need to show some flexibility or mercy. How will you do this without seeming unfair or biased in a classroom?
2) ask teachers you may know about classroom management techniques. It's easy to feel overwhelmed the first time you encounter a big class so get some advice while there is time
magicianhisoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 10:08 AM   #2246

Omg lol Iím a little bit worried now. Howís the swimming tho? Any idea whatís the depth of the pool haha
Hi funnytomato, will you be going for your PPT on 3rd July?
nadia_ahmad94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 10:45 AM   #2247

Hi funnytomato, will you be going for your PPT on 3rd July?

Those going for PPT, these will help you all. Can pm me for more indepth details if you all want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tILDwMC2Os0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIhCRhFOnCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RetptFXxS0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OflAe-bpddo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpJXwxGBjv0
lonely_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #2248

PM-ed you!
nadia_ahmad94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 03:41 PM   #2249

Thank you!
You will be attending the ITP workshop to prep yourself for contract teaching. So nothing to read up on. Every school works differently. It is up to you to learn as much as you can during this period.

Just enjoy yourself before contract teaching starts. Your life will revolve around work once you start.
lonely_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 06:36 PM   #2250

Hi All,

Anybody here applied for Untrained DipEd in Art for Feb/July Intake 2019 got any news already?
Hello, they just called today to confirm interview date.
Kerluer is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.