HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree379Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2018, 05:16 AM   #2371

i applied in the feb window and i finally got the email to go for medical. anyone here been through the medical already?

- is it possible to fail at this stage and not get into MOE?
- how long after doing the medical will MOE take to get back to you?

the wait is really killing me
Hi, is it possible to know your timeline?
Cloudy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 11:59 AM   #2372

Hi, is it possible to know your timeline?
sure!

Applied: Feb 2018
Interview: Mid March
Shorlisted email: Mid May
Medical email: Mid July

are you on the same timeline as well?
trnglr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 12:58 PM   #2373

going for EL EPT and medical does not guarantee a success.

the EL EPT is not cheap but its valid for 2 years though
pure.fresh003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #2374

MOE

Hello, everyone,
I was interviewed Pri Chinese last Friday afternoon and received the email from MOE this Monday afternoon. In the email, MOE wants to check my availability for the EPT. The date of EPT will be Aug 30. From my previous experience, after interview, usually we will hear from MOE after 4 to 6 weeks.
So I feel strange and nervous now, has MOE changed their application process? Has anyone else received the same email?
huangsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 11:41 PM   #2375

Hello, everyone,
I was interviewed Pri Chinese last Friday afternoon and received the email from MOE this Monday afternoon. In the email, MOE wants to check my availability for the EPT. The date of EPT will be Aug 30. From my previous experience, after interview, usually we will hear from MOE after 4 to 6 weeks.
So I feel strange and nervous now, has MOE changed their application process? Has anyone else received the same email?
May i know if your interview was conducted mainly in english or mandarin?
Taolun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 10:18 AM   #2376

Hi all, How do you know if your interview went well?

How does MOE let you know that you have not been shortlisted? Will there be formal email or just a status update change?
Ha_08_Nie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 12:15 PM   #2377

Hi all, How do you know if your interview went well?

How does MOE let you know that you have not been shortlisted? Will there be formal email or just a status update change?
Hi, there will be an email to inform you of the interview results. Usually within 4 to 5 weeks, as they said. Status in Career@gov will change as well but I also know of people whose status did not change. But they will definitely email =)

Last edited by Dee@317; 26-07-2018 at 02:44 PM..
Dee@317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 09:32 PM   #2378

Any news on your application?

frankly, they are slowing down the recruitment process due to the merger of schools. Those teachers affected by the mergers will have to be redeployed to other schools first. However, teachers do come and go, hence so it is a long process for applicants sometimes.

don't give up. Hope you get it.
thanks for encouragement. They email me and mentioned that my current long term reliefing art subject in a primary school for 2 years..with testimonal fr my principal and HOD art dept..they still reject me..could it be the age..i already beyond 40 yrs old..

anyway..I just reapplied again for this last window for the year. Though it is for 16 aug to 5 sep. Does it matter if i re submit so early? or they will miss out my application?
lwhjoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 01:13 PM   #2379

thanks for encouragement. They email me and mentioned that my current long term reliefing art subject in a primary school for 2 years..with testimonal fr my principal and HOD art dept..they still reject me..could it be the age..i already beyond 40 yrs old..

anyway..I just reapplied again for this last window for the year. Though it is for 16 aug to 5 sep. Does it matter if i re submit so early? or they will miss out my application?
Have you went for interview?
Cloudy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 08:10 AM   #2380

Went for interview the last round. Aside from the standard questions (why do you want to be a teacher, do you know there's a lot of admin work etc), there were a few questions that surprised me.

- They asked what I thought was lacking in terms of teaching my subject (English) in Singapore

- They mentioned that I have always been from good schools. Was I prepared that not all students will be well behaved if I were to be posted to a neighbourhood school.

- asked for my opinion about meeting students outside of school (related to my essay question)

From my experience they will question your answers and try to pick at them for loose threads. Apparently this does not necessarily mean you gave a 'bad' answer, since my arguments got nitpicked quite a bit but I got it in the end. Be prepared to defend your stance and be firm, but acknowledge other points of view. Hope this helps
I did not see this! Thank you so much for your input!
Old 30-07-2018, 08:15 AM   #2381

Hi All, Just sharing the questions the panel asked my friends last week. She applied for DipEd Untrained for Primary Art.

The questions that the panel asked her:

1. What makes you want to be a teacher?
2. Why not a Graphic designer (For those who studied in Lasalle, etc. Fine Arts, Design Com)?
3. Do you think you will be faced with challenges when you are a teacher?
4. What do you think are some of the challenges when you are a teacher?
5. What did you choose this topic to teach? (She chose to teach Impressionist Art to P4.)
6. A few questions about the Art syllabus 2009.

Hope this helps.
Old 30-07-2018, 12:44 PM   #2382

Have you went for interview?
nope.i have already received email from them that my application is unsuccessful. Anyway i have work for 2 years in a primary sch teaching soley art..most of my colleque has already told me to seriously reconsider if i really work full time like them.
lwhjoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #2383

PGDE Untrained applicants with Degree (16 Aug - 5 Sep)

Hi all,

I am keen to apply for PGDE during 16 aug to 5 sep. (anybody doing the same?)

Hoping those that have passed this stage can share their views and what the process is like?

I recently graduated from a private university with first class and would like to teach economics and maths.

Thanks in advance!
redpenink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 07:16 PM   #2384

Hi all,

I am keen to apply for PGDE during 16 aug to 5 sep. (anybody doing the same?)

Hoping those that have passed this stage can share their views and what the process is like?

I recently graduated from a private university with first class and would like to teach economics and maths.

Thanks in advance!
I am applying PGDE for the third time in this upcoming window.

Last edited by b4zabeat; 30-07-2018 at 07:19 PM..
b4zabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 10:23 PM   #2385

Hi Joyce,
Do not despair, in my NIE batch right now, there is this chap who is 46 yrs old, teaching Tamil language & lit. I think yr age brings a wealth of experience to the teaching fraternity.
MOE also recruits ex SAF uniformed personnel who retires at age 45 as PE teachers.
So, age is not a factor here.
Only that now there is like 6 mths cooling off period after yr last interview as MOE is scaling down the recruitment process.

Keep on trying. All the best.
juggernaut7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.