HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree356Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2018, 12:45 AM   #2566

I went for the interview for Untrained School Counsellor, and it took about a month after the medical before they replied me. Since the intake for the June/July 2018 batch will only commence contract teaching in Feb 2019, it won’t be surprising that they will take their time.

The website stated it to be between 3.1-3.5k. Should not be too far off from your last drawn pay too. During contract teaching, you will receive the full perks (medical, leave) of a civil servant, right down to the full load of a teacher. As for the gentlemen, their sacrifice for NS would be considered too, if I am not wrong.
Wait, so June/July batch will only commence in Feb? Is this a confirmed? If yes, then I'll have to look for a temporary job.
GilaQila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:26 AM   #2567

That’s what it says on the moe website, so I guess it’s confirmed? Idk, but when I went for the interview, I remember there’s a form saying that it will commence on end December? I’m confused too😅

Wait, so June/July batch will only commence in Feb? Is this a confirmed? If yes, then I'll have to look for a temporary job.
Vanillachoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:13 AM   #2568

That’s what it says on the moe website, so I guess it’s confirmed? Idk, but when I went for the interview, I remember there’s a form saying that it will commence on end December? I’m confused too😅
Yeah I remember signing that form. I think by right it will only start in Feb 2019 but in the case that you're selected early and there is a school that requires you to start at the beginning of the year, then they may require you to report in the last week of Dec as that is usually when meetings are held to prepare for the new academic year.
Dee@317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:52 AM   #2569

Status 'shortlisted', no shortlisted e-mail yet

Hi guys I applied for PGDE Untrained Teaching. My interview was 13 Jul 2018. My status have changed to 'Shortlisted', and they've e-mailed me to ask more docs (cpf statements). But still have not received any shortlisted e-mail

Anyone knows what's the next step after this? The wait is killing me! Don't know whether this means you're accepted... or?
bims_ik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:28 AM   #2570

Yeah I remember signing that form. I think by right it will only start in Feb 2019 but in the case that you're selected early and there is a school that requires you to start at the beginning of the year, then they may require you to report in the last week of Dec as that is usually when meetings are held to prepare for the new academic year.
Yeahh, I didnt read any of those papers. Just blindly signed them ahahahaa. Thing is, I'm going for another job interview for a contract job which lasts till January.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:46 AM   #2571

Hi guys I applied for PGDE Untrained Teaching. My interview was 13 Jul 2018. My status have changed to 'Shortlisted', and they've e-mailed me to ask more docs (cpf statements). But still have not received any shortlisted e-mail

Anyone knows what's the next step after this? The wait is killing me! Don't know whether this means you're accepted... or?

They should be calculating the salary that they deem suitable for your position and checking if your employment history is legitimate at this point of time. It might take a while since they also need to call up your referrals (if any are listed). For those that have not been called, do not panic for you might have already provided everything that is required by them hence the silence. The medical will commence after they see everything is in order.

At least your status has been changed. I am Week 7 of this agonising wait, and my status is still “in process” 😭

Last edited by Origamimosa; 10-09-2018 at 11:58 AM..
Origamimosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:51 AM   #2572

Yeahh, I didnt read any of those papers. Just blindly signed them ahahahaa. Thing is, I'm going for another job interview for a contract job which lasts till January.
Tricky situation you are in! Perhaps you could find another job which won’t put you in a pickle. I have checked with my friends who are teachers in the system, the 2019 briefings usually commence 1-2 weeks towards the end of the December month (although it varies between schools) so do weigh your options 😊😊
Origamimosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #2573

They should be calculating the salary that they deem suitable for your position and checking if your employment history is legitimate at this point of time. It might take a while since they also need to call up your referrals (if any are listed). For those that have not been called, do not panic for you might have already provided everything that is required by them hence the silence. The medical will commence after they see everything is in order.

At least your status has been changed. I am Week 7 of this agonising wait, and my status is still “in process” 😭
Same here. Week 7 and still no status change, no updates. If it's unsuccessful I'd very much appreciate to be notified early.
Dee@317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:02 PM   #2574

Im in the exact situation! Except that my intervew was on the 16th july week. Hoping for the best. Sigh so conflicted now
Happiness1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:57 PM   #2575

Tricky situation you are in! Perhaps you could find another job which won’t put you in a pickle. I have checked with my friends who are teachers in the system, the 2019 briefings usually commence 1-2 weeks towards the end of the December month (although it varies between schools) so do weigh your options 😊😊
To add on tho that pickle, the company is GOOGLE.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:56 PM   #2576

Has anyone applied for the Aug window?
b4zabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:09 AM   #2577

Has anyone applied for the Aug window?
Me! I sent in my application on 4Sept but no reply from them yet
chilipeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #2578

Me! I sent in my application on 4Sept but no reply from them yet
I applied in mid Aug, also no updates yet. But this is my third time applying.
b4zabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #2579

I applied in mid Aug, also no updates yet. But this is my third time applying.
This is my second time trying. I think they are still shortlisting ppl for interview. So we just have to wait
chilipeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:39 PM   #2580

This is my second time trying. I think they are still shortlisting ppl for interview. So we just have to wait
this would be my 4th and final application(not going to try applying anymore should this application fail).
i got called up for the interview during my 1st application, then rejections for my 2nd and 3rd applications(without interview).
Cesium-137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.