NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

duckyfriend

Reaction score
Hi guys!! I applied for BA too. Just wondering, if they call me up for an interview but I miss their calls, will they send an email or have I forfeited my chances? :/ I'm someone who doesn't really pick up call froms unknown number...

octorabbit

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Here is my timeline for PGDE application.

Submitted: 24th Jan 2019
Shortlisted for interview email: 22nd Feb 2019
Interview at MOE HQ: 11th March 2019

I applied for English (Pri) and SS (Pri) and got my first choice. To the rest waiting, give them a bit of time yeah I figured there are a lot of applicants...

poodleparade

Reaction score
Hi guys!! I applied for BA too. Just wondering, if they call me up for an interview but I miss their calls, will they send an email or have I forfeited my chances? :/ I'm someone who doesn't really pick up call froms unknown number...

Did you receive an sms from sg mail informing you about the call and missed it? Cos the day before they called me, I received an sms from sg mail informing me that I will be receiving a call from them from a certain time the next day.

If you have not received the sms, that means they have not called you. I'm not too sure what happens if you missed the call after they informed you.

If it helps, the call came from No Caller Id rather than unknown.

Ohgeesh

Reaction score

I applied for English (Pri) and SS (Pri) and got my first choice. To the rest waiting, give them a bit of time yeah I figured there are a lot of applicants...
Hi, are the interviewers friendly? Did they give you a hard time during the 5 min presentation? How long did the whole process take (from your reporting time)? Sorry for so many qns coz my interview's coming soon😬😬

Mamimo

Reaction score
Congrats octorabbit! Hope you get shortlisted soon! Can I just check, was there a sign for the earliest date of deployment? Is it in July?

Mamimo

Reaction score
Been talking to a few teacher friends and everyone seems to be saying that it’s so tough getting in these days. Because of sch closures/mergers of jc and sec schs, those teachers have been deployed to pri sch. Also something to do with aeds getting phased out, more of them applying for teaching. I wonder how much longer before we actually get deployed. Sigh

ummumar

Reaction score

How did ur interview go? Do share pls.

octorabbit

Reaction score
Hi, are the interviewers friendly? Did they give you a hard time during the 5 min presentation? How long did the whole process take (from your reporting time)? Sorry for so many qns coz my interview's coming soon😬😬

Hard to ascertain what is friendly... They weren't mean la. I had an okay time during the 5 minute presentation. I think coz I was prepared for worse.

From reporting time to the actual interview depends on how fast you finish the written task. Once you are done with it, you'd have probably 5 to 10 minutes before you are called into the interview room. The entire process took me 1.5 hours. Good luck for yours!

octorabbit

Reaction score
Congrats octorabbit! Hope you get shortlisted soon! Can I just check, was there a sign for the earliest date of deployment? Is it in July?

I didn't really ask ha ha. I overheard HR explaining to a candidate that if you are selected/shortlisted, you'd be informed by 17th May 2019. That's all.

Last edited:

Jflrm6996

Reaction score
8 Feb Applied for Eng/Sci Pri
21 Feb Email with Interview details
7 Mar Interview
Now just playing the waiting game. I’m so restless just waiting.

chlennis

Reaction score
I applied on 24 Jan, Pri Chinese. Received a SMS on 11 March in the morning that I’ll received a call, and received that call for interview later that evening. Interview will be coming Monday 18 March.

duckyfriend

Reaction score
Did you receive an sms from sg mail informing you about the call and missed it? Cos the day before they called me, I received an sms from sg mail informing me that I will be receiving a call from them from a certain time the next day.

If you have not received the sms, that means they have not called you. I'm not too sure what happens if you missed the call after they informed you.

If it helps, the call came from No Caller Id rather than unknown.

Ohhh I didn't know there will be an sms first hahahaha. Thank you for your reply! :)

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Hard to ascertain what is friendly... They weren't mean la. I had an okay time during the 5 minute presentation. I think coz I was prepared for worse.

From reporting time to the actual interview depends on how fast you finish the written task. Once you are done with it, you'd have probably 5 to 10 minutes before you are called into the interview room. The entire process took me 1.5 hours. Good luck for yours!
Thks octorabbit! Hope u will get shortlisted!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.