NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Faithintomorrow

Reaction score
Hi! i just went for my interview for PGDE yesterday. Applied on 17 March. This forum has really helped me, so if I can help in any way please let me know.

The essay question was similar to what was shared with earlier - "a teacher who is a close friend of yours has called in sick on the day the marked exam assignments are to be turned in. She has only completed half of it. You know she is undergoing financial difficulties and has a second job. What action will you take?"

No dress code guide but I wore what I imagined a teacher would wear

I went for the interview yesterday (19th Apr) too! Applied on 20th March.
I hope they will get back soon as I still have to serve notice at my current workplace.. Anyone from this March intake got offered already?

Lsh_93

Reaction score
Same! March 29. People i know of who went thru the feb intake last year have also been telling me shld have received med checkup email by now ☹️

Oh no this is making me quite anxious now haha :( Are you in your final semester or mid-career switch? :)

snowie29

Reaction score
Oh no this is making me quite anxious now haha :( Are you in your final semester or mid-career switch? :)

Neither haha. Working as a temp staff so i guess more towards mid-career switch but less documents to submit. 😅

snowie29

Reaction score
Haha okay! Let's update each other when we receive the med checkup email! Good luckkk!!! :)

Sounds like a plan! I also heard from previous batches that they may clear feb intake tgt with march intake so perhaps we have to wait for all the interviews to be done 😶

audreycham94

Reaction score
Hi there! I just went for the interview yesterday too! But I still need to clear a music audition if I passed the interview. The audition will be on 3rd of May.

Hi! i just went for my interview for PGDE yesterday. Applied on 17 March. This forum has really helped me, so if I can help in any way please let me know.

The essay question was similar to what was shared with earlier - "a teacher who is a close friend of yours has called in sick on the day the marked exam assignments are to be turned in. She has only completed half of it. You know she is undergoing financial difficulties and has a second job. What action will you take?"

No dress code guide but I wore what I imagined a teacher would wear

juggernaut7

Reaction score
PGDE applicants

to all aspiring teachers,

I just attended the appt briefing for PGDE mother tongue (Sec) on 19 Apr 2017 for assumption of duty on 19 Jun 2017.
There are <20 successful applicants on that day (across all level & a mix of both PGDE & DipEd).
The HR speaker mentioned that MOE is scaling down for obvious reasons & their selection process is now getting more stringent & only the best among the applicants will go thru & rcvd the offer. In other words, MOE will be very selective in their recruitment.
Another point to note for those anxiously waiting for rply/response from MOE is that the tentative NIE start date for PGDE (PE) & DipEd will be in mid July 2018 & for PGDE (other subjects) will be early Dec 2017 and mid Nov 2017 for Primary CL.
So you guys can roughly gauge why MOE will take their own sweet time to rply to you guys depending on your teaching subjects/level & taking into consideration the NIE start date.
Another way for you guys to check your appln is via logging in to careers.gov to see if the status has change.
You need loads of patience as MOE will take some time to respond.
All the best to everyone.

chin_l

Reaction score

I just attended the appt briefing for PGDE mother tongue (Sec) on 19 Apr 2017 for assumption of duty on 19 Jun 2017.
There are <20 successful applicants on that day (across all level & a mix of both PGDE & DipEd).
The HR speaker mentioned that MOE is scaling down for obvious reasons & their selection process is now getting more stringent & only the best among the applicants will go thru & rcvd the offer. In other words, MOE will be very selective in their recruitment.
Another point to note for those anxiously waiting for rply/response from MOE is that the tentative NIE start date for PGDE (PE) & DipEd will be in mid July 2018 & for PGDE (other subjects) will be early Dec 2017 and mid Nov 2017 for Primary CL.
So you guys can roughly gauge why MOE will take their own sweet time to rply to you guys depending on your teaching subjects/level & taking into consideration the NIE start date.
Another way for you guys to check your appln is via logging in to careers.gov to see if the status has change.

Mother tongue Chinese?

Happy Heart

Reaction score

If the tentative start date is 19 June, there is not much time left for MOE to respond. They would need to factor in the time for mid career applicants to serve notice and do their medical checkup.

LALALAND25

Reaction score
Hi,

I am also wondering, if it is easier to get into the Bachelor of Education (Mother Tongue) if your A level results are not good enough through the Diploma in Education (Mother Tongue)?

BerriesXX

Reaction score

Hi there, may I know when your application and interview date was?
I went for an interview on 10th April (Pri EL and Math), was told that earliest commencement was 19th June as well.

Was wondering if you're in the same application window as me, and if you are, are my chances of getting in really slim since they have not given me any reply yet :(

helloyellowbirdie

Reaction score
Hi, anybody went for interview in Nov 2016 and still waiting for appt briefing letter? I went for the interview on 25 Nov, medical checkup on the 31 March... currently still waiting for my appt briefing letter :(

Faithintomorrow

Reaction score
Oh no.. I went for interview on that same day for PGDE Pri math and eng.. Lets keep each other updated.. 💪🏼

Lsh_93

Reaction score
Hi! I went for my interview on 10 March and received the shortlisted email on 2 April. No further updates from MOE. May I check if you two are shortlisted for Sec level as well? :)

Hello! I went for interview on the same day as u! But I'm shortlisted for pri level :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.