HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree322Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2018, 11:44 PM   #2896

Hi im new to this post. Anyone selected for sec ENG? any tips on tips on the presentation part?
Valvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 12:24 AM   #2897

I did medical check two weeks ago,now waiting for the updates.
I see! Did you receive any email for updates or did u try to email them? Because I have friend who is waiting too, and she tried to email moe, I'm wondering should I email too.
happybaby89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 12:57 AM   #2898

hi!! it's good to be clear in the objective of the topic you're teaching. also do exercise patience if the students try to stumble you!

Hi im new to this post. Anyone selected for sec ENG? any tips on tips on the presentation part?
poppyave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 09:04 AM   #2899

Admission to NIE - Exemption Test (CL)

Hi, I am going to NIE in Dec.
Wonder if anyone here needs to attend the exemption test (CL) like I do?
Or has anyone heard about it?
joy885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #2900

Is your Friend teaching pri or sec level?
Secondary...
juggernaut7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 03:22 PM   #2901

Change in Starting Pay

Hi all,

I have been a silent reader of this really helpful thread! I'm scheduled for an interview for PGDE GEO next week, as a mid-career switch.

I noticed that the GEO starting pay has dropped! For PGDE, it previously started at 3.1k, but now it's 2.9k (amended Oct 2018). Does anyone know the approximate annual increment? If offered, will I be allowed to negotiate for a higher salary, as long as its within range?

Thank you!
annaxnain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 04:32 PM   #2902

I see! Did you receive any email for updates or did u try to email them? Because I have friend who is waiting too, and she tried to email moe, I'm wondering should I email too.
Did moe reply your friend?I want to know how long moe will update us after medical check?my current work has two month notice period.
huangsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 06:10 PM   #2903

Wow really. I wonder what’s the reason behind the drop. Hmmm. From my understanding, mid career teachers would start on a diff pay scale. If I’m not mistaken it’s 80% of your current. Not sure if they have updated that as well. Would need to check. 😅

Good luck for your interview!

Hi all,

I have been a silent reader of this really helpful thread! I'm scheduled for an interview for PGDE GEO next week, as a mid-career switch.

I noticed that the GEO starting pay has dropped! For PGDE, it previously started at 3.1k, but now it's 2.9k (amended Oct 2018). Does anyone know the approximate annual increment? If offered, will I be allowed to negotiate for a higher salary, as long as its within range?

Thank you!
Mamimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 06:53 PM   #2904

Hi, anyone went for the interview for D&T?
Frayedends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 07:45 PM   #2905

Hi, just wondering if youve received any shortlisted email?
Hello! Jus wondering if u hav receive the shortlisted email? I rmb us receiving the same updating in process email. Any news after tat?
ooiliuqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #2906

Haha this was in my attachement

Presentation Task

“Before the start of the interview proper, you will be asked to give a 5-minute lesson presentation on your first teaching subject, pitched at the level you have been shortlisted for. Do prepare for the presentation beforehand.”

Maybe they have diff instructions for diff candidates ?
ohh haha that could be the case 😅 mine is:

“You are to present in English if you have been shortlisted for an English-medium subject, and in the appropriate Mother Tongue Language if you have been shortlisted to teach in the Chinese, Malay or Tamil-medium. If you have been shortlisted to teach English Language (Pri), you may choose to present on either the first or second teaching subject.”
nejezs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 08:44 PM   #2907

Wow really. I wonder what’s the reason behind the drop. Hmmm. From my understanding, mid career teachers would start on a diff pay scale. If I’m not mistaken it’s 80% of your current. Not sure if they have updated that as well. Would need to check. 😅

Good luck for your interview!
Sigh, mine is definitely not 80% of my last drawn ): it’s much lower hahahah
Old 23-10-2018, 08:47 PM   #2908

Hi Nejezs, no worries, thanks for the reply and clarifying with regards to what subjects we can present on!

Agree that math is easier to come up with a topic and present on haha!

Do you mind sharing what topic you presented on and how the interviewers tried to disrupt your lesson?
I presented on P5 - Decimals, multiplication by 10, 100 and 1000. My interviewers are fairly kind. One of them just told me that she don’t understand so i just repeated at a slower pace and checked with her thereafter. I think I have it easier as compared to others haha
Old 23-10-2018, 11:16 PM   #2909

Hello! Anyone applied for MOE TA or TS?
zelxx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 11:45 PM   #2910

I also applied for sec and they even emailed me regarding the possibility of me taking ept not sure why I haven’t gotten any emails for the upcoming ept

Secondary...
Vanillachoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.