NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Faithintomorrow

Reaction score
Understand how you feel. I went for interview on 4 April for Pri English and Maths.

if we miss the 19 June, when is the next start date? Does it mean we can only join NIE in June/July 2018 instead of Dec 2017? Based on the previous posts, MOE takes 3 to 4 weeks to send the appointment letter. Factoring in another 2 to 3 weeks for medical checkup, the shortlist email has to reach us by 2nd week of May.

I think if miss it may not be able to make it for the Dec 2017 NIE intake, probably have to contract teach all the way to next year 2018 Dec intake..

Faithintomorrow

Reaction score
When u went for the interview did you sign smth tt says will commence on which date if selected?

My interview was in early Nov 2016.
Rcvd email saying shortlisted & still finalising details in early Dec 2016.
(took about 4-5 wks for HR to respond after yr interview - do note that if you fail the interview the email will come way much earlier - based on the interview contact applicants network that we've forged during the interview day)
Early Feb 2017 - HR email asking for any testimonial from my current employer
Early Mar 2017 - rcvd email from Vital asking to go for medical & info on salary package (given 2 weeks period to attend medical)
Early Apr 2017 - rcvd email from Vital requesting to come down to MOEHQ in mid Apr to sign offer letter.

Happy Heart

Reaction score
I think if miss it may not be able to make it for the Dec 2017 NIE intake, probably have to contract teach all the way to next year 2018 Dec intake..

Based on previous postings, MOE tends to speed up the interval between the stages nearer the contract teaching date. Has been 3 weeks since my interview. Hope to have good news. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Faithintomorrow

Reaction score
Good luck! Update if you rcv the offer! 🙏🏼💪🏼

Understand how you feel. I went for interview on 4 April for Pri English and Maths.

if we miss the 19 June, when is the next start date? Does it mean we can only join NIE in June/July 2018 instead of Dec 2017? Based on the previous posts, MOE takes 3 to 4 weeks to send the appointment letter. Factoring in another 2 to 3 weeks for medical checkup, the shortlist email has to reach us by 2nd week of May.

Happy Heart

Reaction score
3 weeks since my interview.... still waiting....perhaps they will only decide after they finished the interview for the march applicants....

shadedpages

Reaction score
PGDE Music (Pri)

hi all,

all the best to those who are going through the interview/waiting period!

i applied last year for October 2016 intake and am assuming duty on 19 June this year (been a long wait, haha). i was shortlisted to teach music (primary), so just thought of shouting out to any PGDE music primary teachers who have already assumed duty... how can i prepare myself best during this period before i start work? :)

thank you!

Faithintomorrow

Reaction score
Hi,

When you applied last year, during interview did you sign something that tells you when is the start date?

(When I went for mine on 19Apr it was written to start on 19Jun, but I have a 2months notice so I'm wondering if they would push my application to the next intake..)

hi all,

all the best to those who are going through the interview/waiting period!

i applied last year for October 2016 intake and am assuming duty on 19 June this year (been a long wait, haha). i was shortlisted to teach music (primary), so just thought of shouting out to any PGDE music primary teachers who have already assumed duty... how can i prepare myself best during this period before i start work? :)

thank you!

snowie29

Reaction score
Hi,

When you applied last year, during interview did you sign something that tells you when is the start date?

(When I went for mine on 19Apr it was written to start on 19Jun, but I have a 2months notice so I'm wondering if they would push my application to the next intake..)

I remember for mine it says earliest 19 june.. so it might also be pushed to the next round. I have a friend who applied last feb/march and started work only in august.

viknessh32

Reaction score
Yes just checked my status online still showed submitted. Hopefully waiting for a positive reply and get called down for an interview. All the best to the others still awaiting replies.

Faithintomorrow

Reaction score
Oh. Thanks.

Yeah. For mine, it stated 19june too.. I hope I don't get pushed to August lol, so that I can make it in time for the Dec 2017 NIE intake..

I remember for mine it says earliest 19 june.. so it might also be pushed to the next round. I have a friend who applied last feb/march and started work only in august.

souppress

Reaction score
Hello all!

All the best for those who are still waiting for your results :) I've updated my timeline here for you all to gauge!

Interview - 10 Nov'16
Shortlist email - 16 Nov'16
EPT email - 29 Dec'16
EPT test date - 10 Jan'17
EPT results - 26 Jan'17
Medical checkup email - 14 Feb' 17
Medical checkup - 16 Feb'17
Letter of offering - 14 Mar'17
Contract signing - 23 Mar'17

My whole process took more than 6 months, including the day I submitted my application. So hang in there, you'll need a lot of patience!

And I just want to check, for those who have signed the contract, other than taking the photoshoot for PS card, is there anything else we need to do? Thanks:)

Happycloud17

Reaction score
Hello all!

All the best for those who are still waiting for your results :) I've updated my timeline here for you all to gauge!

Interview - 10 Nov'16
Shortlist email - 16 Nov'16
EPT email - 29 Dec'16
EPT test date - 10 Jan'17
EPT results - 26 Jan'17
Medical checkup email - 14 Feb' 17
Medical checkup - 16 Feb'17
Letter of offering - 14 Mar'17
Contract signing - 23 Mar'17

My whole process took more than 6 months, including the day I submitted my application. So hang in there, you'll need a lot of patience!

And I just want to check, for those who have signed the contract, other than taking the photoshoot for PS card, is there anything else we need to do? Thanks:)

Hi souppress! Congrats on your successful application!! Any tips for the EPT?? Did you take Eng EPT?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.