HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2018, 03:23 PM   #3271

wonder if it's only PGDE candidates that have been receiving offers. i'm a DipEd candidate and did medical about a month ago and just anxiously waiting for any news from them. just dropped them an email to check on the application status, hope all's good :")
poppyave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2018, 09:05 PM   #3272

Yep same. I received that email too. havenít gone for medical as well.

Congrats! Sorry if you donít mind sharing When was your application period and Your interview?

I just got an email from them indicating that they are still processing my application and if it goes through placement would be in June/July. Such a Long wait 😅😅😅😅.

Anyone received a similar one?
Rtcninty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #3273

I just received my offer letter today.
Hey, did you receive this via email?
Happiness1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2018, 12:50 PM   #3274

Thanks for your reply,did you apply for pgde?
Yes I did!
happybaby89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2018, 12:50 PM   #3275

Hey, did you receive this via email?
Yes! I received the email around 5pm
Old 23-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #3276

Thank you pri Chinese
Hi are you dip,a level or degree holder? Just wondering what is requirement to teach in pri chinese?
luohongxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2018, 09:53 PM   #3277

Hi are you dip,a level or degree holder? Just wondering what is requirement to teach in pri chinese?
i am a degree holder.
Old 26-12-2018, 11:24 AM   #3278

It’s the 26th of Dec today, a month after the shortlisted email. Please let us know if any of you receive the medical email 🙏🙏
Mamimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 01:55 PM   #3279

Itís the 26th of Dec today, a month after the shortlisted email. Please let us know if any of you receive the medical email 🙏🙏
Since they told us that we may expect to assume duties in June/July if accepted, I donít think the medical email will come so soon.
Rtcninty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 02:54 PM   #3280

Really? Sigh more waiting 😰😰😰😰

Since they told us that we may expect to assume duties in June/July if accepted, I don’t think the medical email will come so soon.
Old 26-12-2018, 10:14 PM   #3281

Hi All,

Just gotten an offer(via email) from MOE this afternoon for PGDE Pri(Art) too. Would like to ask if anybody has tried deferring his/her contract teaching stint before? This is because I have commitments and am unable to commence together with the Feb intake. Hence, am intending to write in to request for a possible deferment till year end but not sure if it will be approved or whether I have to forfeit my application this time and try again a year later.

Anyone in similar situation before?
rosemance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 10:18 PM   #3282

Can anyone advice with regards to first day teaching?
Old 26-12-2018, 10:21 PM   #3283

In addition,

Would like to seek information from those who went through or are going through the "compulsory untrained teaching stint"; what time does a typical work day usually end?
rosemance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #3284

Can anyone advice with regards to first day teaching?
i spoke to afew of my friends in Moe, they say it generally differs from school to school. How heavy or light your workload is depends on your supervisors(eg HOD,Reporting officer etc), your days will be filled with lesson observations(initially) , marking , assisting with administrative work , relief teaching . You may or may not be asked to assist with CCA duties, again this is subject to your school upper management. For some , the contract teaching phase is quite relaxing, for some it may be quite stressful. But generally you will have to be in school 15 mins before the bell rings for first assembly, and you can expect to work at least until 4-5pm everyday.
Cesium-137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 10:22 AM   #3285

Congrats on the offer! Sorry I can’t help with your question but I’m curious to know their response too. Have a feeling I might be in the same predicament if mine were to commence in the middle of the year.

Hi All,

Just gotten an offer(via email) from MOE this afternoon for PGDE Pri(Art) too. Would like to ask if anybody has tried deferring his/her contract teaching stint before? This is because I have commitments and am unable to commence together with the Feb intake. Hence, am intending to write in to request for a possible deferment till year end but not sure if it will be approved or whether I have to forfeit my application this time and try again a year later.

Anyone in similar situation before?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.