HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree261Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2019, 09:57 PM   #3346

Congrats! This was in 2018/2019? Yours is pgde?
Yes 2018/2019 pgde! And Iíll be starting in feb!

Last edited by Happiness1234; 09-01-2019 at 06:18 AM..
Happiness1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:37 AM   #3347

Hi guys, I will like to ask if anyone here knows the remuneration scheme during our contract teaching and nie studies?

Are we only entitled to monthly salary and 13th month? we do not have the PB and mid/end year bonus right?

Thanks!
HD665JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:14 PM   #3348

Hi guys, I will like to ask if anyone here knows the remuneration scheme during our contract teaching and nie studies?

Are we only entitled to monthly salary and 13th month? we do not have the PB and mid/end year bonus right?

Thanks!
good question, the website states that trained teachers are elgible for the other bonuses. So by inference , i supposed untrained teachers might not qualify for the mid/end year bonuses. PB is def not possible as you are under training(either in school or NIE)
Cesium-137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:54 PM   #3349

End of week 2, no one has any news?😰😅
Mamimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:23 PM   #3350

Thanks!
Apart from the 13th mth, during contract teaching & NIE trg, u are entitled to PB & mid year bonus - pegged to a C grade performer because still under trg, MOE wants to be fair to all trainees, so they pegged you to C graders for PB.
juggernaut7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:27 PM   #3351

From my understanding, PE Teacher needs to take up additional 1 or 2 subjects apart from PE.
No, the new PGDE PE programme is now a single subject (PE & Sports Science) but u will be trained in both the Pri/Sec level, so it depends on yr luck after your trg as to where they may post u either pri or sec schl.
No more like in the old days where PGDE PE you will teach PE and another teaching subjects.

For some secondary school, they have another O level subject - Sports Science. so the new breed of PE teachers posted to sec schl will have to teach that - but again only certain Sec schl offers Sports Science for O level.
juggernaut7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 03:23 AM   #3352

Does anyone know how long will the posting be out after the appointment briefing? And what to expect for the first day at work?
happybaby89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #3353

Does anyone know how long will the posting be out after the appointment briefing? And what to expect for the first day at work?
Posting of school will usually be out 1 week before your assumption of duty date (you have to do 4.5 days of Intro to Teaching Programme before going to your school anyway).

No need to be anxious about the posting unless you don't receive any updates 1 week before your AOD.

First day (AOD date) - it will be at AST and it will mostly be briefings. There's not much to expect. Just get through the 4.5 days without incident.

First day in school - you will report to school in the afternoon of your 5th day (after the intro programme is finished in the morning) - it is mostly administrative stuff like getting your desk, finding out your timetable, maybe signing up for your online accounts. You will hopefully be assigned a reporting officer and mentors that you'll be following. Just be ready to take in a lot of information and maybe meet quite a lot of new people.

Last edited by simplylyn; 14-01-2019 at 11:53 AM..
simplylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 12:27 PM   #3354

Posting of school will usually be out 1 week before your assumption of duty date (you have to do 4.5 days of Intro to Teaching Programme before going to your school anyway).

No need to be anxious about the posting unless you don't receive any updates 1 week before your AOD.

First day (AOD date) - it will be at AST and it will mostly be briefings. There's not much to expect. Just get through the 4.5 days without incident.

First day in school - you will report to school in the afternoon of your 5th day (after the intro programme is finished in the morning) - it is mostly administrative stuff like getting your desk, finding out your timetable, maybe signing up for your online accounts. You will hopefully be assigned a reporting officer and mentors that you'll be following. Just be ready to take in a lot of information and maybe meet quite a lot of new people.
Thank you so much for the info
happybaby89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #3355

Application will be opening soon, which subjects do you think will have the most opening?
pure.fresh003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 01:46 PM   #3356

Application will be opening soon, which subjects do you think will have the most opening?
When i was at the signing , i saw a few non-locals being selected(or at least i think they were as their chinese accent was quite thick) for chinese language PGDE. So i guess if you are Singaporean & good at chinese/mandarin you should stand quite a good chance to be shortlisted for the interview as it is no secret that for civil service jobs, first priority goes to Singaporeans first.

The others in my opinion would be English, literature , Arts and music.

The mathematics and sciences would be rather congested.

If you want to increase your chances, apply for primary school over secondary as they need more teachers at the primary school level.
Old 15-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #3357

When i was at the signing , i saw a few non-locals being selected(or at least i think they were as their chinese accent was quite thick) for chinese language PGDE. So i guess if you are Singaporean & good at chinese/mandarin you should stand quite a good chance to be shortlisted for the interview as it is no secret that for civil service jobs, first priority goes to Singaporeans first.

The others in my opinion would be English, literature , Arts and music.

The mathematics and sciences would be rather congested.

If you want to increase your chances, apply for primary school over secondary as they need more teachers at the primary school level.
Is it true? Iím SPR for 15 years and Iím a Chinese national. I donít have any accent for my native language. I can speak mandarin at reporter level. Clear and nice. I graduated from NTU EEE. I got interviews from MOE only for primary Chinese level, I went for medical check and had been rejected. I read quite a lot of Chinese Literatures, including ancient and modern ones.

So, what say you?

Last edited by starmarshalxb; 15-01-2019 at 05:32 PM..
starmarshalxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #3358

Email to take medical is out! Good luck everyone!
Mamimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 11:52 AM   #3359

Email to take medical is out! Good luck everyone!
Yes good luck everyone! Does anyone know how much the medical checkup is and how long it will take?
periwinklebreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 12:10 PM   #3360

Yes good luck everyone! Does anyone know how much the medical checkup is and how long it will take?
Its free, the cost is covered under MOE. The medical is quite fast, it really depends on the waiting time(# of people in front of you). For me it took around 1.5- 2 hours(but the test itself 5 mins).
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.