HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree339Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2019, 12:21 PM   #3361

Is it true? Iím SPR for 15 years and Iím a Chinese national. I donít have any accent for my native language. I can speak mandarin at reporter level. Clear and nice. I graduated from NTU EEE. I got interviews from MOE only for primary Chinese level, I went for medical check and had been rejected. I read quite a lot of Chinese Literatures, including ancient and modern ones.

So, what say you?
Hi starmarshalxb, i remember your post earlier. i have no idea why you were rejected after the medical(as it is extremely rare) , but as you pointed out in your earlier post , it might really be due to your BMI(maybe it lead to problems with insurance coverage(pure guess on my side)). i dont believe it has anything to do with your residential status. The fact that you hold a SPR status as well as graduated from a local university meant that you are eligible for the PGDE program . Additionally ,the fact that you were shortlisted for the interview and subsequently sent for the medical meant that on paper you definitely qualified and they wanted you, i dont think they will send you for medical unless they had real intentions to hire you.
Cesium-137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 01:44 PM   #3362

Email to take medical is out! Good luck everyone!
haha i learnt something today. don't come down on the day you get the email. vital only sends the form 2-3 days after the email is sent apparently! oh well. they're still processing my medical. fingers crossed nothing goes wrong!

edit: the form came!

Last edited by nooz17; 16-01-2019 at 02:00 PM..
nooz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #3363

haha i learnt something today. don't come down on the day you get the email. vital only sends the form 2-3 days after the email is sent apparently! oh well. they're still processing my medical. fingers crossed nothing goes wrong!

Sorry, may I know what form are you referring to? 😅 I didn't receive any!
periwinklebreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 04:12 PM   #3364

Sorry, may I know what form are you referring to? 😅 I didn't receive any!
it's the form vital will send rmg. we won't get it, but it's rmg's way of knowing we are legit candidates i suspect.

edit: it's also the form with all the medical declarations and the dr also has to sign. why i said the above is because it will come with our individual details.
Old 16-01-2019, 04:48 PM   #3365

it's the form vital will send rmg. we won't get it, but it's rmg's way of knowing we are legit candidates i suspect.

edit: it's also the form with all the medical declarations and the dr also has to sign. why i said the above is because it will come with our individual details.
Hi can I check if we need to fast before the health checkup?
sunnysideupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 05:39 PM   #3366

Hi can I check if we need to fast before the health checkup?
there is no requirement to fast, but if you know your blood sugar is on the high side , you may want to fast (especially if you are >25 , where i believe blood sugar level test is compulsory).
Cesium-137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 10:56 PM   #3367

would anyone know how we will receive our posting? via email/call/text?
poppyave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 07:54 AM   #3368

Good tip! Thanks ! Do you have any idea what time they open? Might as well go early if fasting 😂

there is no requirement to fast, but if you know your blood sugar is on the high side , you may want to fast (especially if you are >25 , where i believe blood sugar level test is compulsory).
Mamimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 07:56 AM   #3369

Oh no, did they ask you to go back or did you have to wait long for them to extract the file ? 😅.

Mamimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 10:05 AM   #3370

Hi everyone, are there people who have not received the medical appointment email? I have cleared the EL EPT on 13/12/18.
abbs94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 11:10 PM   #3371

Oh no, did they ask you to go back or did you have to wait long for them to extract the file ? 😅.
it took about 20 min actually. not too bad a wait. altogether i spent about 2h at rmg.
Old 19-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #3372

Hi, does anyone know what to do after u have received the posting? Do we have to contact the principal ourselves?
happybaby89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2019, 02:43 PM   #3373

Just finished my medical at Raffles Hospital. Took a grand total of 1hour. Good luck to everyone going for it.
Origamimosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2019, 09:29 PM   #3374

Just finished my medical at Raffles Hospital. Took a grand total of 1hour. Good luck to everyone going for it.
Hi did they give you anything after the x-ray like the overall report or something. Just curious because I left straight after the x-ray empty handed. Felt kinda weird.
pmamate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2019, 10:56 PM   #3375

Hi did they give you anything after the x-ray like the overall report or something. Just curious because I left straight after the x-ray empty handed. Felt kinda weird.
nope they don't give you anything at all!!
poppyave is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.