HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree268Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2019, 04:06 PM   #3451

Hi,my interview is in March. May I ask, for the 5 min teaching presentation during interview, will we be asked to present on the 1st teaching subject or 2nd?
your interview letter would have stated first or second, though usually it's the first.
nooz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 04:29 PM   #3452

yes that's correct!
Wah ok Im surprised the June intake email came so soon. Now Im Worried.
Rtcninty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 04:34 PM   #3453

your interview letter would have stated first or second, though usually it's the first.
My interview email stated both, but they said there will be another letter coming nearer to the date:
Teaching Subject 1:English Language (Pri)
Teaching Subject 2:Mathematics (Pri)
I will just prep for Eng first n wait for the second interview letter fir more details.. Thks!
Ohgeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 09:06 AM   #3454

hello! eng language and social studies for sec sch (: applied in sep, interview in oct, medical in jan, offered in feb.
Hey nooz17, when did you receive the possible offer email though?
Rtcninty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 09:54 AM   #3455

Applied to teach Mathematics for sec and
got an offer to teach
1. Design and technology (sec)
2. Mathematics (sec)

Didnt take Design and Tech at all in secondary school since it wasnt offered at my sec school at all so I asked if I could teach something else instead and got the offer rescinded immediately. Now I'm kinda stuck wondering what to do.

Anyone knows if it makes any difference applying again during the next application window?
FeelsBadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 10:09 AM   #3456

got an offer to teach
2. Mathematics (sec)

Didnt take Design and Tech at all in secondary school since it wasnt offered at my sec school at all so I asked if I could teach something else instead and got the offer rescinded immediately. Now I'm kinda stuck wondering what to do.

Anyone knows if it makes any difference applying again during the next application window?

Owh..was this interview call for the lastest window?

Perhaps,they based ur subjects on ur tertiary qualification?
ummumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 10:11 AM   #3457
Arch-Supremacy Member

got an offer to teach
2. Mathematics (sec)

U shld have grabbed the offer immediately. From wat i understand, NIE will train u at subjects which u have zero background in, so there's nothing to be afraid.

Unless u tell me u afraid of operating machinery for D&T den no choice.
juventusfc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 10:18 AM   #3458

Owh..was this interview call for the lastest window?

Perhaps,they based ur subjects on ur tertiary qualification?
yea probably because I'm taking Chemical Engineering in Uni. I really want to teach Math+Physics/Chemistry though... Does it make a difference if I apply again next application window or will the same thing happen again?
Old 26-02-2019, 10:19 AM   #3459

U shld have grabbed the offer immediately. From wat i understand, NIE will train u at subjects which u have zero background in, so there's nothing to be afraid.

Unless u tell me u afraid of operating machinery for D&T den no choice.
Ya.. Kinda regretting not taking the offer now. What kind of machinery will I need to know how to operate though? (if I had taken it)
Old 26-02-2019, 10:35 AM   #3460

yea probably because I'm taking Chemical Engineering in Uni. I really want to teach Math+Physics/Chemistry though... Does it make a difference if I apply again next application window or will the same thing happen again?
Depends on their need for the various subject teachers..chances you might get the subject you requested for too..
Old 26-02-2019, 10:40 AM   #3461

Depends on their need for the various subject teachers..chances you might get the subject you requested for too..
so I should just apply again next application window and just try my luck?
Old 26-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #3462

Hi all, I'm currently applying for 'NIE Dip Ed for A Level'. I'm planning on asking one of my ex-teachers to be my character referee. The application form merely states to provide particulars of ppl not related to me who knows me well with regard to my character and work performance. Particulars include name, rs to person, email and telephone. Does the referee need to prepare any testimonial or anything beforehand or will it just be a semi-formal phone call/email? Replies will be greatly appreciated!
aqh1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 01:19 PM   #3463

so I should just apply again next application window and just try my luck?
Yes, just try.
Old 26-02-2019, 08:17 PM   #3464

Hi all, I'm currently applying for 'NIE Dip Ed for A Level'. I'm planning on asking one of my ex-teachers to be my character referee. The application form merely states to provide particulars of ppl not related to me who knows me well with regard to my character and work performance. Particulars include name, rs to person, email and telephone. Does the referee need to prepare any testimonial or anything beforehand or will it just be a semi-formal phone call/email? Replies will be greatly appreciated!
From my experience, I usually just state their particulars like their number and email no referral letter as its not a necessity as far as I know but I think having one from them to add wont hurt either! Not too sure about how others went about it though! Good luck btw!!
mayain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #3465

Hello, I think our situations are pretty similar. I studied chem eng in uni too,and I wanted to teach math and chem. However, I got offered d&t and chem instead. Since I really wanted to try teaching, I accepted the offer. I’m now thinking if I should have rejected and apply again for math that time. But there’s no guarantee you might get if you apply the same subjects again. Really depends on their demand

Vanillachoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.