HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2019, 02:23 PM   #3571

Yes. Mid-career switch applicant here still waiting for a reply. Quite a stressful wait. 25th seems so far yet so dangerously near.
AddingWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 03:48 PM   #3572

Yes. Mid-career switch applicant here still waiting for a reply. Quite a stressful wait. 25th seems so far yet so dangerously near.

PGDE or DipEd?
jaytotheshitley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 04:20 PM   #3573

Just went for my PGDE Pri Chinese interview. The form stated if we are shortlisted, we will get notification by a date in May, but I forgot the date, is it 25 May?
chlennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 04:38 PM   #3574

Just went for my PGDE Pri Chinese interview. The form stated if we are shortlisted, we will get notification by a date in May, but I forgot the date, is it 25 May?
Was the interview in Chinese or English?
What are some common questions?
Help out a soul here going for interview next week.
Passionate Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 05:14 PM   #3575

Both. I was asked about my lesson delivery in mandarin. The guy even tested me on how to explain the difference between 2 similar vocab to student. Then some other stuffs in English.

Old 18-03-2019, 05:42 PM   #3576

Wow you got the call already? Congrats!!! You applied for BA if I didn't read it wrongly?
duckyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 06:26 PM   #3577

Both. I was asked about my lesson delivery in mandarin. The guy even tested me on how to explain the difference between 2 similar vocab to student. Then some other stuffs in English.
Do you have to write any essay? Or was just lesson delivery? What were the components?

Last edited by Passionate Teacher; 18-03-2019 at 07:14 PM..
Old 18-03-2019, 09:28 PM   #3578

Have to write an short essay in Chinese regarding some ethics one. Then during the interview it’s a 5 mins lesson demo followed by the normal interview.

Do you have to write any essay? Or was just lesson delivery? What were the components?
Old 18-03-2019, 10:34 PM   #3579

We will be notified by 10 May if teaching stint is to start on 24 Jun. On the other hand, we will be notified by 7 Jun if teaching stint is to start on 15 Jul.
Can refer to this link
https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach/how-to-apply/application-process-for-applicants-without-teaching-qualification/application-windows
Ohgeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 10:55 PM   #3580

Thank you!

We will be notified by 10 May if teaching stint is to start on 24 Jun. On the other hand, we will be notified by 7 Jun if teaching stint is to start on 15 Jul.
Can refer to this link
https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach...cation-windows
Old 18-03-2019, 11:24 PM   #3581

Have to write an short essay in Chinese regarding some ethics one. Then during the interview itís a 5 mins lesson demo followed by the normal interview.
Just to ask what did u bring for the lesson demo? And what was provided by them e.g. whiteboard, marker.
Old 19-03-2019, 12:32 AM   #3582

Just to ask what did u bring for the lesson demo? And what was provided by them e.g. whiteboard, marker.
Only whiteboard and marker. Nothing else. No projectors/ computers either. You can prepare worksheets if you want or maybe you want to bring physical objects to aid your teaching. I think the focus of the demo is if you can manage the class, not if you can teach well. But thatís just the impression I got from the interview.
Jflrm6996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 12:42 AM   #3583

Only whiteboard and marker. Nothing else. No projectors/ computers either. You can prepare worksheets if you want or maybe you want to bring physical objects to aid your teaching. I think the focus of the demo is if you can manage the class, not if you can teach well. But thatís just the impression I got from the interview.
Did u bring along anything for the demo? What did the assessors do to make ur class least manageable?
Old 19-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #3584

Did u bring along anything for the demo? What did the assessors do to make ur class least manageable?
I brought a worksheet for them that I prepared on my own. As for what the assessors did, they threw paper at each other, made fun of each other and complained about each other. They then waited for my response. How I would respond to such a situation. Itís a very situational thing. You just go there and see what you can do to make the class more focused on the lesson. I personally think you can not prepare for such a component. You should just prepare your own materials, go there and tackle whatever situation comes up. ALL THE BEST!
Jflrm6996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 12:41 PM   #3585

I brought a worksheet for them that I prepared on my own. As for what the assessors did, they threw paper at each other, made fun of each other and complained about each other. They then waited for my response. How I would respond to such a situation. Itís a very situational thing. You just go there and see what you can do to make the class more focused on the lesson. I personally think you can not prepare for such a component. You should just prepare your own materials, go there and tackle whatever situation comes up. ALL THE BEST!
Thank you man! That was helpful. All the best for your interview outcome! 💪
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.