HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree356Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2019, 12:00 PM   #3646

Anyone went for interview in March 2019 and still waiting for a response?
Hi, my interview was on 13 Mar for Pri Eng&Math. The MOE website says we will be informed of the outcome about 4 to 5 weeks after the interview. If no rejection, earliest we will know might be in April? Will update here if I get anything 😬
https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach/teacher-training-programmes/postgraduate-diploma-in-education
Ohgeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 02:14 PM   #3647

Not sure when we will be informed- for both those rejected and accepted >< all the best everyone!
Mr Nice 221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 08:01 PM   #3648

i applied for the NTU-NIE degree programme in Feb. Still no news and im getting worried
queenbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 08:08 PM   #3649

You’re not alone, I’m still waiting too

i applied for the NTU-NIE degree programme in Feb. Still no news and im getting worried
hzx_esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 08:21 PM   #3650
Arch-Supremacy Member

From SUSS..I was previously an AED(LBS). Had to resign after 5 years for childcare reasons. Meanwhile, I was trying to finish up my degree. Have been applying since then.

I actually went for the AED(LBS) interview last year to get back into service and it’s still in process till now. So, I basically dunno what MOE has in plan for me.
My friend who works as a TSO (tech support officer) in MOE school said they are not hiring any more AEDs permanently. All AEDs will remain or be converted to teachers
juventusfc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 08:21 PM   #3651

Youíre not alone, Iím still waiting too
omg the waiting game suck big time You applying with A-level or Dip? The email states we should hear from 4-6 weeks and this is alr the 5th week if im not wrong
queenbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 09:22 PM   #3652

My friend who works as a TSO (tech support officer) in MOE school said they are not hiring any more AEDs permanently. All AEDs will remain or be converted to teachers
Thatís for AED(T&L)ís. Theyíre trying to convert them to AED(LBS) or mainstream Teachers. They still have demand for AED(LBS) from what I know..
ummumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 08:46 AM   #3653

Anyone else an AED TnL over here? jus curious. i am.

To add on to the previous point mentioned about AEDs, it is true that recruitment for AED tnl has ceased. In fact, the AED tnls like myself are being made to attend job fairs after job fairs. So I am hoping to get teaching. =D

Good luck to all!
mrskhalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 10:09 AM   #3654

I am currently AED T&L too! I’m also praying that I can get through this time! 😊

To add on to the previous point mentioned about AEDs, it is true that recruitment for AED tnl has ceased. In fact, the AED tnls like myself are being made to attend job fairs after job fairs. So I am hoping to get teaching. =D

Good luck to all!
chlennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 11:05 AM   #3655

Just share something frm moe website from a teacher who is a mid career switch. For all of us who desire to take on teaching as a career...

ďIt is a meaningful job. But itís not just a job, because at the end of the day, teaching is about developing people.

ďYou leave a huge impact on studentsí lives. You may not become a star teacher, nor is there a need to, but deep down if you know that you have tried your best to conduct meaningful lessons, you know that you have done some good in your life.Ē
Old 27-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #3656

Good luck! Pls keep us informed of your outcome too.
Mine is pgde pri eng and maths too.
Went for interview 4th Oct 2018 , medical 27th Jan 2019.

Still waiting for final outcome. I wish they could just give us a timeline so we could plan properly. At this stage, I’m even prepared for a rejection so I can at least move on😂😂.

Maybe it’s a tactic to avoid ppl from applying within 6 months. 😂😂😂😂

Hi, my interview was on 13 Mar for Pri Eng&Math. The MOE website says we will be informed of the outcome about 4 to 5 weeks after the interview. If no rejection, earliest we will know might be in April? Will update here if I get anything 😬
https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach...a-in-education
Mamimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 11:21 AM   #3657

Oh no, are they phasing out AEDs?

Ex- Teachers are also saying it’s so hard for them to get back in the force, with school closures and all. There’s a glut of teachers out there 😅

Good luck to all!
Mamimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #3658

Good luck! Pls keep us informed of your outcome too.
Mine is pgde pri eng and maths too.
Went for interview 4th Oct 2018 , medical 27th Jan 2019.

Still waiting for final outcome. I wish they could just give us a timeline so we could plan properly. At this stage, Iím even prepared for a rejection so I can at least move on😂😂.

Maybe itís a tactic to avoid ppl from applying within 6 months. 😂😂😂😂
Oh dear, it's been a long wait for u.. Maybe u can call and ask them? Just a wild guess - cld it be they are waiting for some outgoing teachers to finish their notice period?
Old 27-03-2019, 12:17 PM   #3659

still waiting ;(

Went for interview on the 6th of March and still waiting. This is pure agony. Any idea on when they will call us up for medical? And also, any idea when is the cut off period?

Cheers
tttCWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #3660

Went for interview on the 6th of March and still waiting. This is pure agony. Any idea on when they will call us up for medical? And also, any idea when is the cut off period?

Cheers
I went on the 7th and Iím still waiting too. This sucks
Jflrm6996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.