HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree339Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #3661

Donít be disheartened. Iíve gone interviews 2 times before and the result turn out negative too.

This was my 3rd attempt. I donít even know if Iíll succeed this time.
Keep on trying if it's what you really want. I know of someone who only got in after the 7th time applying. He either was called to come for interview or was rejected for those times.
gomoq13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 07:49 AM   #3662

Oh no, are they phasing out AEDs?

Ex- Teachers are also saying itís so hard for them to get back in the force, with school closures and all. Thereís a glut of teachers out there 😅
Haha seems like they are phasing out AED tnl but nobody wants to say it out outright, being the diplomatic ppl they are.

And it is true that there is an abundance of teachers due to the merging of schools etc. Many teachers are displaced. i see many secondary teachers going down to primary school. Thus, the recruitment for fresh batch of teachers is not high in numbers, which is not gd news for us newbies who are trying to enter. =(

Usually ex-teachers wana come back as flexi-adjunct and you're right, its harder for them too. =(
mrskhalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 07:54 AM   #3663

I am currently AED T&L too! Iím also praying that I can get through this time! 😊
Good luck Chlennis! What subject did you apply for? I applied for Art. I hope we get this teaching stint cos the other jobs moe asks us to consider are just not my cup of tea.
mrskhalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 08:30 AM   #3664

I went for Pri Chinese.

I was rejected for so many times that I actually went to apply for MK and LBS. But sadly, after 5 weeks of wait, I got rejected for both. Wasn’t that upset because it wasn’t what I wanted actually. Just that I felt that it’s pretty hard to want to move on. Sigh.

So EO application is my last hope.

Good luck Chlennis! What subject did you apply for? I applied for Art. I hope we get this teaching stint cos the other jobs moe asks us to consider are just not my cup of tea.
chlennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 09:40 AM   #3665

Yes thank you!
I will keep on trying even if I’m rejected this time round.

Keep on trying if it's what you really want. I know of someone who only got in after the 7th time applying. He either was called to come for interview or was rejected for those times.
chlennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 12:32 PM   #3666

Hi! Anyone received interview call or email for NTU-NIE degree Programme?
queenbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #3667

Just received an email requesting me to register my availability for the English Proficiency Test. Anyone has any experience with this ?
matyoyo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 03:08 PM   #3668

Just received an email requesting me to register my availability for the English Proficiency Test. Anyone has any experience with this ?
I did too. But itís not a confirmation that I have to sit for EPT right?
Jflrm6996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #3669

I did too. But it’s not a confirmation that I have to sit for EPT right?
Yeah not confirmation, I checked the sample online and it’s quite thorough. I wonder what are the criteria for exemption (if any).
matyoyo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 03:28 PM   #3670

Not sure if English O levels B3 is the criteria? Been seeing people that mentioned the o level grades!
hellome21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 03:30 PM   #3671

I did too. But itís not a confirmation that I have to sit for EPT right?
I just got the email too. Its just to check your availability for the test, in case we need to take it.
But I hope this means it's rather positive for us? Anyone w experience can shed some light?
Ohgeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 03:40 PM   #3672

Not sure if English O levels B3 is the criteria? Been seeing people that mentioned the o level grades!
Dun think so coz I scored A1 and I got the email. Or is it that we didn't perform well (language-wise) during the interview that they wanted to test us further?
Ohgeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 06:26 PM   #3673

Dun think so coz I scored A1 and I got the email. Or is it that we didn't perform well (language-wise) during the interview that they wanted to test us further?
Nope! its just a message to all. if you need to do the test, they will email you 1 week before the test
hellome21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 06:36 PM   #3674

Found a link with info about the ept on moe's website. I have not received any email regarding the ept yet.

https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach...oficiency-test

Last edited by poodleparade; 28-03-2019 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: typo
poodleparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 06:41 PM   #3675

Nope! its just a message to all. if you need to do the test, they will email you 1 week before the test
Oh god. If i didnt receive this email does this mean i didnt get shortlisted?? Went for interview on march 4th 2019. Still no update sighhh.
Vivalavando is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.