NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

happyq

Reaction score
No not my first time.. I applied on 7th Aug. You know anyone who applied in the recent window and got shortlisted for the interview?

Not really. I applied on 9th Aug and my status is still Submitted :/ Have you gotten to the interview stage in your previous applications?

I applied for Aug round too. I have a feeling that this round application might not be processed quickly as applicants might not be able to join the latest teaching stint.

Sorry but what do you mean by applicants might not be able to join the latest teaching stint?

Last edited:

Nnameless

Reaction score
Not really. I applied on 9th Aug and my status is still Submitted :/ Have you gotten to the interview stage in your previous applications?

Sorry but what do you mean by applicants might not be able to join the latest teaching stint?

From the application timelines of the others in this forum, my guess is it might be hard to complete interview, language test, medical by 7 Nov (long processing time).

But the first step is still to wait for interview call/email first, and see how it goes (I'm waiting too)

happyq

Reaction score
From the application timelines of the others in this forum, my guess is it might be hard to complete interview, language test, medical by 7 Nov (long processing time).

But the first step is still to wait for interview call/email first, and see how it goes (I'm waiting too)

Ohhh are you a fresh grad?

badchoices

Reaction score
I have just gotten an SMS and an email to ask me to attend the medical checkup before 23 Sept.

Congrats chilipeppers! now we just need to wait for the possible letter of offer :)

For those still waiting, stay positive! Im sure updates will come soon!

Nnameless

Reaction score
Yep me too! But i have a FT job currently which I really hate haha.

I couldn't find a job that I liked too, with my average results :s13:. I think your starting pay for teaching stint can be different with some job experience.

You might hate being a teacher too, you should research on their lives LOL.

happyq

Reaction score
I couldn't find a job that I liked too, with my average results :s13:. I think your starting pay for teaching stint can be different with some job experience.

You might hate being a teacher too, you should research on their lives LOL.

I guess I just dont like the corporate life sooo yea, find it pretty meaningless. Haha I thought of that too, but I think I'll enjoy being a teacher because Ive been giving private tuition for quite some time alr and I find teaching rly fulfilling :)

Anw I'm from NTU! which school are you from? :)

Nnameless

Reaction score
I guess I just dont like the corporate life sooo yea, find it pretty meaningless. Haha I thought of that too, but I think I'll enjoy being a teacher because Ive been giving private tuition for quite some time alr and I find teaching rly fulfilling :)

Anw I'm from NTU! which school are you from? :)

From NUS. I guess most of the teachers wanted a meaningful job.

ummumar

Reaction score
Hi, I just received email to go for a sharing session. Been applying since I failed in 2018.

Oh that's nice, I've attended a sharing session before but on my own accord...it wasn't like something that they called me to attend as a follow-up of my application..

How did the email sound exactly? just curious.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.