NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

earlgreymilktea

Reaction score
hey, may i know what subjects / level u applied for?
Hi, I applied for Sec sch geography and Pri sch Chinese.

P.S To people that pm-ed me, I saw the form after logging in to the portal. I didn't receive any emails or calls about it. Writing this here since I can't reply to PM yet!

Last edited:

Olympiadane

Reaction score
congrats to everyone who has made it to the interview! Seems like the pri eng+math/sci/ss would have gotten the email as well

Last edited:

-Danielle-

Reaction score
Hey Danielle! How do you know that the music people have been informed!

I attended the sharing session with pri and sec arts and music. Since they strongly encourage candidates to attend the session, I assumed that most of the music people would have been informed! But there may also be another session, Im not 100 percent certain on that:)

houndsandfelines

Reaction score
I attended the sharing session with pri and sec arts and music. Since they strongly encourage candidates to attend the session, I assumed that most of the music people would have been informed! But there may also be another session, Im not 100 percent certain on that:)

Oh I see! Are you applying under pgde too?

-Danielle-

Reaction score

Oh I see! Are you applying under pgde too?

Haha Yeps!:s13:

amyyee

Reaction score
Hi -Danielle-, How was the sharing session?
Any takeaways for music?
I applied May-June 2019 window and wasnt asked to attend sharing session.

ummumar

Reaction score
So, for those who attended the sharing session..does it mean that you'll be scheduled for ur interview next?

glutenmagic

Reaction score
Hi -Danielle-, How was the sharing session?
Any takeaways for music?
I applied May-June 2019 window and wasnt asked to attend sharing session.
I would love to know too please! For Art haha.

Shame that the Sharing Session is only for the Augst batch and not the other batches earlier this year. Would have been helpful for us to know what exactly we're getting ourselves into.

By the way Amyyee, how is the progress of your application?

-Danielle-

Reaction score
The sharing started with an overview of career paths, salaries, timeline (interview from sep to oct, offer in mid nov, start contract teaching in mid dec), some videos. Then the different level and subjects were split to diff rooms. Im in the sec art category so I cant provide much info for pri art and music except general info about the interview (which I think a lot of you already passed? haha) For contract teaching, you will be tagged to a mentor who will guide you, and you will not be judged on the content you can teach as resources will likely be shared with you by more senior teachers. And I believe you do get bonuses like mid year or something, I didnt really catch that clearly haha

ummumar

Reaction score
Can I say those who've been called for interview for now, are u all first timers? Is there anyone on their second or third chance here?

evilster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am offered english which is part of my choices. Is it possible to appeal for a change of subject?

jdrevolutionary23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2nd time. But I applied for the NIE Bachelor's Programme previously, which I didn't take up eventually. Applying for the PGDE now as a fresh grad.

Can I say those who've been called for interview for now, are u all first timers? Is there anyone on their second or third chance here?

ummumar

Reaction score
2nd time. But I applied for the NIE Bachelor's Programme previously, which I didn't take up eventually. Applying for the PGDE now as a fresh grad.

Oh I see, had a feeling that they give chances for fresh grads and first timers first... That's why

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.