HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2019, 06:07 PM   #3736

Hi. For those who are shortlisted for Sec Sch, may I know if you specified which stream you were gonna be teaching for the presentation?
Hi, I didnít specify which stream (another thing to note is that they have phased out streaming). Donít worry about it. Just do whatever stream youíre comfortable with. Theyíre not really looking at the content but rather the class management and how you explain your lesson rationale
student1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:51 PM   #3737

Hi, I didnít specify which stream (another thing to note is that they have phased out streaming). Donít worry about it. Just do whatever stream youíre comfortable with. Theyíre not really looking at the content but rather the class management and how you explain your lesson rationale
How did they make classroom management challenging/ difficult for you?

There is still streaming, just that it will be fully phased out in 2024.
jaytotheshitley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:35 PM   #3738

How did they make classroom management challenging/ difficult for you?

There is still streaming, just that it will be fully phased out in 2024.
Yup about the streaming - their policy is looking towards removing the negative labels of NA NT etc. Anyway for sec level they didnít make things THAT difficult, just asked me a few questions out of curiosity, like normal students would, based on my lesson. Which level and subject are you interviewing for? And when is your interview?
Old 02-04-2019, 07:42 PM   #3739

My English grade for O Levels was a C5 and a C for GP. Didn't receive any notification for EPT though... applied for sec History and graduated from NTU History in 2018. Now working in a headhunting firm. Sigh, just really wish that there would be some sort of system to keep us updated with our progress... It's so antagonising to be waiting in vain....

It also seems like their replies to candidates are rather sporadic....
Hi, did you get any email reply after your interview?
Old 02-04-2019, 08:43 PM   #3740

HI! I think we're in the same boat. Interview on the 13th of Mar for Pri Eng/Maths. Haven't received any updates since the interview.
Hi! It's great to find someone with the same interview date as me! Are u a mid career switch (I think I read somewhere mid career switch means more than 2 years after grad) ? Dun worry too much even if no updates from MOE till now. I read that some ppl only got the offer email with no other emails in between.Hope we can both be successful n be course mates😀

Last edited by Ohgeesh; 02-04-2019 at 09:45 PM..
Ohgeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:23 AM   #3741

Hi! It's great to find someone with the same interview date as me! Are u a mid career switch (I think I read somewhere mid career switch means more than 2 years after grad) ? Dun worry too much even if no updates from MOE till now. I read that some ppl only got the offer email with no other emails in between.Hope we can both be successful n be course mates😀
Hi guys, I just got a call this morning asking about my interest for my 2nd teaching choice (Music) then Iíll have to attend another interview again. Anyone else experienced the same thing? This is after getting the EPT email too......
Old 03-04-2019, 10:53 AM   #3742

Hi guys, I just got a call this morning asking about my interest for my 2nd teaching choice (Music) then I’ll have to attend another interview again. Anyone else experienced the same thing? This is after getting the EPT email too......
I didn’t but I have heard from my friends who are teachers saying that moe has a shortage of art and music teachers so I do think that the chances of you being successful in your application is a lot higher if you took the offer for another interview as a music teacher.

Last edited by poodleparade; 03-04-2019 at 05:04 PM..
poodleparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:09 PM   #3743

Received verbal offer from a private number today. Interview date 13th March 19
Congratulations!!!

May i ask your suabject choices and level? Is it pending medical and what did they offer you exactly? No need to mention compensation hahaha. Thanks in advance!
Vivalavando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:03 PM   #3744

Congratulations!!!

May i ask your suabject choices and level? Is it pending medical and what did they offer you exactly? No need to mention compensation hahaha. Thanks in advance!
Got offer already??
Mr Nice 221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:18 PM   #3745

Anyone else got an offer? I went on the 7th and Iím still waiting..
Jflrm6996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:22 PM   #3746

Anyone else got an offer? I went on the 7th and Iím still waiting..
None so far. I've only gotten the EPT availability email but nothing else after.
Went interview on the 14th.
lostinmajesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:54 PM   #3747

What were your Eng grades in school?
a2 for o levels, b3 for gp.
nooz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:45 PM   #3748

I didnít but I have heard from my friends who are teachers saying that moe has a shortage of art and music teachers so I do think that the chances of you being successful in your application is a lot higher if you took the offer for another interview as a music teacher.
Thanks for the advice poodleparade ) hopefully weíll be colleagues haha! Praying hard.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:10 PM   #3749

None so far. I've only gotten the EPT availability email but nothing else after.
Went interview on the 14th.
Hey is it possible to copy the ept email here without any personal or identifiable information? Curious to see what the email is and shall be useful for those who have yet to receive it. Thanks in advance!!
Vivalavando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:35 PM   #3750

Hey is it possible to copy the ept email here without any personal or identifiable information? Curious to see what the email is and shall be useful for those who have yet to receive it. Thanks in advance!!
Here is an excerpt of it. The last part, which I didn't include, just asked us to click on the link to indicate our availability:

Thank you for taking the time to attend the interview. As part of the selection process, you may be required to sit for and meet the minimum requirements of the relevant Entrance Proficiency Tests (EPTs).

We would like to check your availability for the relevant EPT(s) while your application is in process. This is to facilitate test arrangements if they are required of you. If it is confirmed that you are required to sit for the relevant EPT, you will receive an email a week before the test date.
Ohgeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.