NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

earlgreymilktea

Reaction score
I would think it's because you applied multiple times that's why the second one was unsuccessful. I mean you already went for the interview and the 1st one is "In Process", plus I don't think rejection comes this early. They need some time.

You should email them to be sure of it!
Hey thanks for the response, hopefully that's the case... I think I will wait for a while before emailing them!

Also, I just realised I had a similar experience while applying for internship. I did a mass application to different agencies on the same day and the rest of the application status changed to unsuccessful after I got contacted by 1 agency. So yeah.. hopefully it's just an issue of multiple application.

But thanks again for the help!

Loveteaching

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm going to the interview for MOE kindergarten teacher training programme next week and in the email, it states that I will need to complete a written task. Any idea what the task will be??

Thanks!

What subject u apply?

Mantoyak

Reaction score
Hi all,

To those who have been appointed successfully, did you all have to go for the medical check-up and submit further documents prior to receiving the letter of appointment or could that possibly come after?

I called moe today to enquire about my application status but I was told it was still under processing. Feeling a bit anxious since it's nearing to mid October and I read how some of yall have yet gotten any updates after your medical checkup and I wonder how long I would have to wait if my application is successful.

You applied in july this year?

Mantoyak

Reaction score
Hi all, could i check with those you have applied in july this year and have gone for the medical check ups whether there are any news yet?

chilipeppers

Reaction score
Hi all, could i check with those you have applied in july this year and have gone for the medical check ups whether there are any news yet?

Nope I haven’t gotten any news. It has been almost a month since I went for my medical. What about you?

Max_power

Reaction score
Nope I haven’t gotten any news. It has been almost a month since I went for my medical. What about you?

I wonder if we might be pushed to the 10 Feb (3 Jan) intake instead.. if the 19 Dec (7 Nov) one doesn't materialise?

Last edited:

chilipeppers

Reaction score
I wonder if we might be pushed to the 10 Feb (3 Jan) intake instead.. if the 19 Dec (7 Nov) one doesn't materialise?

I guess we have still some time to wait till before 7th Nov. My friends who are already in the service said they’ll usually inform at the very last minute (one week before)

daisyyy123

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am applying for PDGE, subjects are Eng/SS (Sec). I am not from English & Linguistics major, but I am taking a Social Science subject that revolves around essay writing. I completed my interview earlier this week (tip for those who will be attending: the lesson presentation is tough because the panel wants to test your classroom management! prep for all scenarios if possible)

I left the interview feeling that the panel was not convinced of my English proficiency because of my major. Anyone has any idea if there will be English proficiency test? Who will be selected to attend? What will we be tested on?

Many thanks in advance! :)

FabulousFarmer

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am applying for PDGE, subjects are Eng/SS (Sec). I am not from English & Linguistics major, but I am taking a Social Science subject that revolves around essay writing. I completed my interview earlier this week (tip for those who will be attending: the lesson presentation is tough because the panel wants to test your classroom management! prep for all scenarios if possible)

I left the interview feeling that the panel was not convinced of my English proficiency because of my major. Anyone has any idea if there will be English proficiency test? Who will be selected to attend? What will we be tested on?

Many thanks in advance! :)

I 100% feel you when you said the lesson presentation was tough! Oh and no worries, MOE will require you to undergo EPT if they feel there's a need. So if you're worried you won't be selected solely based on the interview impression of your EL proficiency, I don't think you should :) They would probably consider many other factors first before your proficiency level.

From what I've been reading on this thread, there's unfortunately no standard transparent guidelines on who has to go through the EPT. It's done based on MOE's discretion. There was one comment that stated how he/she did well for O levels and A levels, but still had to attend EPT.

Btw I also applied for PGDE! But EL/ MATH for primary school. All the best ok!! Do update!

daisyyy123

Reaction score
I 100% feel you when you said the lesson presentation was tough! Oh and no worries, MOE will require you to undergo EPT if they feel there's a need. So if you're worried you won't be selected solely based on the interview impression of your EL proficiency, I don't think you should :) They would probably consider many other factors first before your proficiency level.

From what I've been reading on this thread, there's unfortunately no standard transparent guidelines on who has to go through the EPT. It's done based on MOE's discretion. There was one comment that stated how he/she did well for O levels and A levels, but still had to attend EPT.

Btw I also applied for PGDE! But EL/ MATH for primary school. All the best ok!! Do update!

Thank you!! I scored well for my English subject during O's and A's as well, hopefully I wouldn't have to go through EPT. I can't find much information on it either, it would be great if we have some information on that!

All the best to you!! Will definitely update :)

JSMHONG96

Reaction score
Thank you!! I scored well for my English subject during O's and A's as well, hopefully I wouldn't have to go through EPT. I can't find much information on it either, it would be great if we have some information on that!

All the best to you!! Will definitely update :)

Hello there! I went for interview in Feb 2019 and went through English proficiency test in May 2019 even though I had B3 for Os and A for GP. Did Social Sciences in Uni too. Currently doing my untrained teaching in English and SS (Pri) now while waiting for NIE PGDE.

I would say, don’t worry too much about the English proficiency test even if you do end up getting selected for it. If you did well for your Os and As, then the test won’t be difficult for you. Also, the interview panels don’t judge you solely based on your language proficiency. Your passion for the job and ability to manage the class should be more important. All the best :)

Last edited:

JSMHONG96

Reaction score
For those of you who are looking for more information regarding the English proficiency test, you can refer to the following link. Sample questions also available. https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teac...st/english-language-entrance-proficiency-test

I took the English proficiency test in May 2019 and the format follows quite closely with the sample one provided on MOE’s website.

There’s also details for Chinese, Malay, Tamil and PE proficiency tests (but no sample paper for the MT languages) https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach/entrance-proficiency-test

Last edited:

JSMHONG96

Reaction score
Thanks Jsmhong96.
Did anyone receive EPT confirmation so far?
Appreciate updates as the upcoming English EPT is supposed to be on 21 Oct or 19 Nov.

The notice usually come one week before the date of the EPT. So if you’re supposed to take the EPT on 21 Oct, you’ll be getting the email notification today.

13nc13ryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just received a message from MOE RU saying that they will be contacting me in the next few days via a private number regarding a teaching position. Does it means its a good sign?

Weird though I applied PE and Maths but I failed PE PPT.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.