LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2019, 02:50 PM   #4126

Interviewed on 7 March
Shortlisted on Career@gov on 22 April
Medical email on 6 May
Pri Eng/Sci btw!
Jflrm6996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #4127

Seems like those who got shortlisted are the pri sch ones...
jaytotheshitley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:10 PM   #4128

Got the Medical Email too! Applying for Pri Eng and Maths!
Callmecherrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:05 PM   #4129

got an email for medical today too. curious if everyone who got the medical email your status is in progress or shortlisted? mine was changed from shortlisted back to in progress
alykeniam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:46 PM   #4130

got an email for medical today too. curious if everyone who got the medical email your status is in progress or shortlisted? mine was changed from shortlisted back to in progress
Mine is still shortlisted
JSMHONG96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 06:17 AM   #4131

Me too. My status changed from shortlisted to in progress and I received the email to do the medical checkup yesterday.
jacktheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 08:21 AM   #4132

Hi, I hv just received SMS and medical email today (finally... ) . To be done by 16 May. Pri Eng Math BTW. Must we fast?
Ohgeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 08:51 AM   #4133

Smile

Seems like those who got shortlisted are the pri sch ones...
I agree. Seems like those getting the medical for now are the 'EL + another subject' applicants.

I applied for PGDE art. 8 weeks since interview. no rejection, no emails, nothing. status is in process when i called MOE up. anyone else PGDE Art in same situation?

Congratulations to all who have gotten medical btw. Happy for you all.
mrskhalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #4134

Hi, I hv just received SMS and medical email today (finally... ) . To be done by 16 May. Pri Eng Math BTW. Must we fast?
Congrats to all who has received the med email so far!

@ohgeesh I feel it is better to clear it fast in order to expedite the next application stage (just a hunch)
matyoyo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:30 AM   #4135

Hi all, applied for Eng + Sci (pri school level) and just got the medical exam email today.

Interview: 7 March
Shortlisted: 23 April
Medical Checkup: 7 May

I think they might be processing applications for Eng + Sci (pri school) now. From all the previous posts by others, I have seen that most of them who received the medical checkup email earlier on applied for Eng + Math (pri school).

I have a question though - does receiving the medical checkup email mean that if everything is fine in terms of my health condition, I will most likely be offered the contract teaching? In the email, they did state that the medical examination does not mean that I have been selected.

Good luck to all!
JeslinKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #4136

Got the Medical Email too! Applying for Pri Eng and Maths!
Hi everyone! I didnít get any medical email, but received a call from HR asking for my employee contract from my previous jobs for salary computation. Also asked to attend another interview end June for my 2nd subject choice (music), hope this means my teaching contract is more or less confirmed? Also status is shortlisted. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!
student1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:53 AM   #4137

Congrats to all who has received the med email so far!

@ohgeesh I feel it is better to clear it fast in order to expedite the next application stage (just a hunch)
Hi matyoyo88, thks! Sorry, what I meant was must i go on fasting the night before medical examination?
Ohgeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:15 AM   #4138

Hi matyoyo88, thks! Sorry, what I meant was must i go on fasting the night before medical examination?
No need to fast at all. But do not sabotage yourself by gorging on food prior to it or by running around like a flustered chicken (could affect your BP.)
Origamimosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:18 AM   #4139

Lol sorry! I misread I didn’t fast before taking the exam, but since they will be taking our blood sugar level/pressure, might be a good idea not consume too much prior to it.
matyoyo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:21 AM   #4140

Hi all, applied for Eng + Sci (pri school level) and just got the medical exam email today.

Interview: 7 March
Shortlisted: 23 April
Medical Checkup: 7 May

I think they might be processing applications for Eng + Sci (pri school) now. From all the previous posts by others, I have seen that most of them who received the medical checkup email earlier on applied for Eng + Math (pri school).

I have a question though - does receiving the medical checkup email mean that if everything is fine in terms of my health condition, I will most likely be offered the contract teaching? In the email, they did state that the medical examination does not mean that I have been selected.

Good luck to all!
I suppose you could see it that way; that if you do clear medical, you pretty much got the job. But nothing is set in stone until you get the contract offer, and also considering nobody knows exactly how the ministry works. Lady luck has surely been on your side, for coming this far though. It will be worth it.
Origamimosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.