NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

lwkgreg

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,can check if receiving the EPT availability email indicates a good sign? :)

For those of you who are first timers. Can refer to my timeline for 2019 ( 10 months of wait)
Applied- April
Sharing session for shortlisted PE teachers- 16 June
Interview- 25 July
EPT availability enquiry- 29 July
Update that application is still being considered- 13 Aug
Request for documents - 19 Aug
Medical Exam- 3 Sep
Letter of offer- 13 Dec
Start date - 10 Feb

Nnameless

Reaction score
Hi,can check if receiving the EPT availability email indicates a good sign? :)

Hi, some applicants i know got the rejection email few weeks or days after getting the EPT email

Most applicants will receive the EPT email, might be to let everyone know of the EPT dates early, some have to take the test, some will not have to. So receiving the EPT email is just part of the process for most

lwkgreg

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, may I know what email to expect after the EPT availability email? :)

Not so fast. Usually will take 3-4 weeks. If you dont hear from them within 4-5 weeks, can consider unsuccessful. From what i understand there is a glut of teachers doing EMS. PE teachers are in demand. MOE is also hiring flexi adjunct/ converting allied educators into full time teachers. So the competition is tough. Read thru this thread, glassdoor and MOE syllabus and the latest happenings(i.e. policies, updates to CCE etc etc) to prep yourself

Reaction score
I went for interview in 3rd week of feb. So far only status changed to shortlisted. No email stating shortlisted for employment yet. If anyone received any updates, please share it here

CherKels

Reaction score
Hi, may I know what email to expect after the EPT availability email? :)

Generally the next positive email you would like to receive would be in this format:

"We are in the midst of processing your application. Should your application be successful, the earliest start date that you may be considered to assume duty is in July 2018. You may wish to note that the exact date to assume duty also depends on the processing time of application and applicant’s clearance of the Ministry’s requirements, that could vary across applicants.

We would also like to share that all applicants are required to complete the medical examination before we can proceed to process their application, more details will be sent to you in due course."

lwkgreg

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, thanks, may I check roughly how long should I receive this email after interview? :)

Generally the next positive email you would like to receive would be in this format:

"We are in the midst of processing your application. Should your application be successful, the earliest start date that you may be considered to assume duty is in July 2018. You may wish to note that the exact date to assume duty also depends on the processing time of application and applicant’s clearance of the Ministry’s requirements, that could vary across applicants.

We would also like to share that all applicants are required to complete the medical examination before we can proceed to process their application, more details will be sent to you in due course."

CherKels

Reaction score
Hi, thanks, may I check roughly how long should I receive this email after interview? :)

Should be around 4-7 weeks after interview. But I know of some previous successful applicants who only had their status changed to shortlisted but never receive the email.

Theres really no fixed rules i guess, just hope we dont receive a rejection email :s22::s22:

lwkgreg

Banned
Reaction score
Haha thank you! I just sent an email enquiring on my application status haha hope they will get back to me:)

Should be around 4-7 weeks after interview. But I know of some previous successful applicants who only had their status changed to shortlisted but never receive the email.

Theres really no fixed rules i guess, just hope we dont receive a rejection email :s22::s22:

CherKels

Reaction score
For those of you who are first timers. Can refer to my timeline for 2019 ( 10 months of wait)
Applied- April
Sharing session for shortlisted PE teachers- 16 June
Interview- 25 July
EPT availability enquiry- 29 July
Update that application is still being considered- 13 Aug
Request for documents - 19 Aug
Medical Exam- 3 Sep
Letter of offer- 13 Dec
Start date - 10 Feb

Wow 10 months of waiting! Congrats :)

WJ_Fer

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Recently applied for the Jan 2020 window but was unsucessful. Just wondering if anyone is aware of any related courses/certification that one can obtain which might potentially help in the application ? Thanks.

zelxx_

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Recently applied for the Jan 2020 window but was unsucessful. Just wondering if anyone is aware of any related courses/certification that one can obtain which might potentially help in the application ? Thanks.
Hello! Were you called up for an interview?

WJ_Fer

Reaction score
Are you currently in uni or? Maybe you can try taking up the MOE internship! Or do some relief teaching in your free time :)

Oh I just graduated from Uni last year. Are you referring to the REMS as a relief staff with MOE ? Thanks.

zelxx_

Reaction score
Oh I just graduated from Uni last year. Are you referring to the REMS as a relief staff with MOE ? Thanks.
Yes! You can sign up as a relief teacher via the portal. I think it would value add to your experiences! For certificates or courses you can attend I'm not too sure though! Maybe someone else can better answer that :)

Reaction score
Are you currently in uni or? Maybe you can try taking up the MOE internship! Or do some relief teaching in your free time :)

I wouldnt advise this. It doesnt gurantee a place in NIE. If that happens, you would have wasted your early working years being paid a measly $100 per day. And the demand for your service is also not guranteed as well. Risky imho.

zelxx_

Reaction score
I wouldnt advise this. It doesnt gurantee a place in NIE. If that happens, you would have wasted your early working years being paid a measly $100 per day. And the demand for your service is also not guranteed as well. Risky imho.
What do you recommend then? I'm just suggesting what he could possibly do

Last edited:

WJ_Fer

Reaction score
Yes! You can sign up as a relief teacher via the portal. I think it would value add to your experiences! For certificates or courses you can attend I'm not too sure though! Maybe someone else can better answer that :)

Thanks for sharing! Will check it out.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.