HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree342Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2019, 11:21 AM   #4426

Anyone applied for BA / BSC (Ed)?

I'm a mid-career and applied BSC (Ed) back in February 2019. Went for the interview and the necessary tests. Still waiting for the outcome. Anyone in the same boat with me?
Ma Me MOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 12:45 PM   #4427

Anyone applied for BA / BSC (Ed)?

I'm a mid-career and applied BSC (Ed) back in February 2019. Went for the interview and the necessary tests. Still waiting for the outcome. Anyone in the same boat with me?
So long? Did u check ur status in careers web?
Passionate Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 01:14 PM   #4428

Oh thanks! Yes, they should be able to produce an mc but Iím just afraid I might miss anything important from the itp.
its okay. the itp is more of introduction to teaching and what to expect during ur contract teaching. probably can ask ur classmates to help take notes or keep handouts for you.
lonely_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 02:27 PM   #4429

So long? Did u check ur status in careers web?
It says "in process" still. I guess it's a long stringent process. Received my Math Qualifying Test result 2 weeks back. Orientation for BA/BSC (Ed) should start in 2nd week of July. Shall call MOE up if no news from them by first week of July.
Ma Me MOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 06:51 PM   #4430

Congratz!

16 July!

When is yours?
Mine is on the upcoming Monday. Wonder how will the 5mins lesson presentation be like.
ryoko86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #4431

Congratulations. When u get the email from moe to inform your interview?
About a week back. Got an SMS, then followed by a call.
ryoko86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 06:55 PM   #4432

So MOE hasnít gotten back to you? I Would think that E transcript isnít enough, the HR lady told me that the document has to show that ďyou have graduated from blah course with honoursĒ. But Iím sure we do not have any of such documents till convocation. Any other fresh grad applicants can shed light on this? Thanks!
Not yet... Iíve emailed back and forth a few times and all they tell me is that there have been cases where undergrads are able to request an early release of their results. Iíve asked my school and they say thatís not possible.
Jflrm6996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 02:43 AM   #4433

Hi everyone!

I have received an interview for Math (Sec) and Social studies!

Was wondering if anyone else received the same thing?

Also, any tips for the interview? Cheers!

My interview will be next week for English (Sec) and Literature. So nervous!
darkonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 02:48 AM   #4434

Congratulations. When u get the email from moe to inform your interview?
I'm not the person you replied to, but I received an SMS on 21 June, stating that they will call me the next day. Got the call as scheduled, then they'll ask you to confirm the teaching subjects you applied for. After confirmation, they'll give you an interview slot and ask whether you will be able to make it (it sounds like they're flexible and will offer you alternate slots if necessary). They'll then send you a comprehensive email listing the documents you need to bring and what you'll need to prepare (the 5 min teaching presentation, etc).

Hope you get your interview slot soon! My guess is that they're probably processing the applications in batches.
darkonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 07:12 AM   #4435

I'm not the person you replied to, but I received an SMS on 21 June, stating that they will call me the next day. Got the call as scheduled, then they'll ask you to confirm the teaching subjects you applied for. After confirmation, they'll give you an interview slot and ask whether you will be able to make it (it sounds like they're flexible and will offer you alternate slots if necessary). They'll then send you a comprehensive email listing the documents you need to bring and what you'll need to prepare (the 5 min teaching presentation, etc).

Hope you get your interview slot soon! My guess is that they're probably processing the applications in batches.
Congratulations and thank you for your information.
Loveteaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 08:54 AM   #4436

Mine is on the upcoming Monday. Wonder how will the 5mins lesson presentation be like.
hello! don't worry so much about the content of your teaching, but i think most importantly they are looking for patience and how you engage the "students"! sometimes they'll make things difficult for you so be prepared for that!
poppyave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 10:15 AM   #4437

hello! don't worry so much about the content of your teaching, but i think most importantly they are looking for patience and how you engage the "students"! sometimes they'll make things difficult for you so be prepared for that!
In my case, I was tested more on the content. There was no disturbance frm the panel at all. Instead they raised hands n asked qns and after the 5 min was over, quite a few qns were asked on my content. So I wld say, depending on the panel, to be on the safe side, be prepared for both class mgmt and content.
Ohgeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #4438

Congratz!

Be confident and you should be fine

All the best
onestraightarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #4439

My interview will be next week for English (Sec) and Literature. So nervous!
Wow cool!

All the best, might see you in the near future

Just be confident!
onestraightarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 04:20 PM   #4440

Those starting stint on 15 July, kindly update if you have gotten ur posting.
Passionate Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.