HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree503Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2019, 06:55 PM   #4426

So MOE hasn’t gotten back to you? I Would think that E transcript isn’t enough, the HR lady told me that the document has to show that “you have graduated from blah course with honours”. But I’m sure we do not have any of such documents till convocation. Any other fresh grad applicants can shed light on this? Thanks!
Not yet... I’ve emailed back and forth a few times and all they tell me is that there have been cases where undergrads are able to request an early release of their results. I’ve asked my school and they say that’s not possible.
Jflrm6996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 02:43 AM   #4427

Hi everyone!

I have received an interview for Math (Sec) and Social studies!

Was wondering if anyone else received the same thing?

Also, any tips for the interview? Cheers!

My interview will be next week for English (Sec) and Literature. So nervous!
darkonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 02:48 AM   #4428

Congratulations. When u get the email from moe to inform your interview?
I'm not the person you replied to, but I received an SMS on 21 June, stating that they will call me the next day. Got the call as scheduled, then they'll ask you to confirm the teaching subjects you applied for. After confirmation, they'll give you an interview slot and ask whether you will be able to make it (it sounds like they're flexible and will offer you alternate slots if necessary). They'll then send you a comprehensive email listing the documents you need to bring and what you'll need to prepare (the 5 min teaching presentation, etc).

Hope you get your interview slot soon! My guess is that they're probably processing the applications in batches.
darkonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 07:12 AM   #4429

I'm not the person you replied to, but I received an SMS on 21 June, stating that they will call me the next day. Got the call as scheduled, then they'll ask you to confirm the teaching subjects you applied for. After confirmation, they'll give you an interview slot and ask whether you will be able to make it (it sounds like they're flexible and will offer you alternate slots if necessary). They'll then send you a comprehensive email listing the documents you need to bring and what you'll need to prepare (the 5 min teaching presentation, etc).

Hope you get your interview slot soon! My guess is that they're probably processing the applications in batches.
Congratulations and thank you for your information.
Loveteaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 08:54 AM   #4430

Mine is on the upcoming Monday. Wonder how will the 5mins lesson presentation be like.
hello! don't worry so much about the content of your teaching, but i think most importantly they are looking for patience and how you engage the "students"! sometimes they'll make things difficult for you so be prepared for that!
poppyave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 10:15 AM   #4431

hello! don't worry so much about the content of your teaching, but i think most importantly they are looking for patience and how you engage the "students"! sometimes they'll make things difficult for you so be prepared for that!
In my case, I was tested more on the content. There was no disturbance frm the panel at all. Instead they raised hands n asked qns and after the 5 min was over, quite a few qns were asked on my content. So I wld say, depending on the panel, to be on the safe side, be prepared for both class mgmt and content.
Ohgeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #4432

Mine is on the upcoming Monday. Wonder how will the 5mins lesson presentation be like.
Congratz!

Be confident and you should be fine

All the best
onestraightarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #4433

My interview will be next week for English (Sec) and Literature. So nervous!
Wow cool!

All the best, might see you in the near future

Just be confident!
onestraightarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 04:20 PM   #4434

Those starting stint on 15 July, kindly update if you have gotten ur posting.
Passionate Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #4435

In my case, I was tested more on the content. There was no disturbance frm the panel at all. Instead they raised hands n asked qns and after the 5 min was over, quite a few qns were asked on my content. So I wld say, depending on the panel, to be on the safe side, be prepared for both class mgmt and content.
That's interesting. Which subject did you had to prepare for?
ryoko86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 12:05 AM   #4436

Hello to all. Does anyone know the structure of the 5 mins lesson presentation and if any tool of presentation is allowed? Thank you!
Nugeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 12:11 AM   #4437

That's interesting. Which subject did you had to prepare for?
Mine was Pri Eng. Like what the others had said, speak confidently during your presentation. Address the 'class' with a teacher's stature. Keep your content simple and straight to the point.
Ohgeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 03:06 AM   #4438

Hello to all. Does anyone know the structure of the 5 mins lesson presentation and if any tool of presentation is allowed? Thank you!
Did my interview in April and I printed out a poster with some simple diagrams. There’s whiteboard, markers and magnets available for you to use. You can’t use ICT tools eg. PowerPoint slides, showing videos etc.

My interview was short and simple, and the interviewers will roleplay as the “students”. I “taught” what I’ve prepared and asked my “students” to answer the question. The “students” answered my questions and did not challenge the class in any way. Heard that some of the “students” will do things to disrupt the lesson such as talking to each other, or asking questions about the content. So maybe you can prepare for scenarios like this and think about how you’ll react.

If possible, teach a topic which you’re interested in/have passion in. I was asked about why I choose the particular topic, and I had a long discussion on it with the interviewers.

All the best for your interview, and everyone else who’s reading this and preparing for interview too!
JSMHONG96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 10:13 AM   #4439

Did my interview in April and I printed out a poster with some simple diagrams. There’s whiteboard, markers and magnets available for you to use. You can’t use ICT tools eg. PowerPoint slides, showing videos etc.

My interview was short and simple, and the interviewers will roleplay as the “students”. I “taught” what I’ve prepared and asked my “students” to answer the question. The “students” answered my questions and did not challenge the class in any way. Heard that some of the “students” will do things to disrupt the lesson such as talking to each other, or asking questions about the content. So maybe you can prepare for scenarios like this and think about how you’ll react.

If possible, teach a topic which you’re interested in/have passion in. I was asked about why I choose the particular topic, and I had a long discussion on it with the interviewers.

All the best for your interview, and everyone else who’s reading this and preparing for interview too!
Thanks for your sharing and advice! Are we allowed to prepare worksheets to give to students?
Nugeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 08:27 PM   #4440

I just found out that I got rejected for my relief teaching application. Has anyone come across this before?

Mid careerist and graduated from NUS 7 years ago. I had wanted to apply for a full time position but thought that I should try relief teaching first. What should I do now?

Any advice will be much appreciated!
Gatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.