NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Reaction score
Hi all, I have taken EPT in Nov 2019. If you have done argumentative essay or report writing during your university, I think that the essay component on argumentative essay should be manageable. However, I did go through O level level guide book on situation writing to refresh what I have learnt many years ago.

Will you be teaching english? And is the b3 requirement for O level english applicable to you in this case?

sbetta

Reaction score
Will you be teaching english? And is the b3 requirement for O level english applicable to you in this case?

I applied for PGDE PE. However, it seems to depend on the interviewer panels' discretion on whether you need to undergo EPT or not. Some of those who have taken EPT with me have A1 for their english O level grade.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I applied for PGDE PE. However, it seems to be the interviewer panels' discretion on whether you need to undergo EPT or not. Some of those who have taken EPT with me have A1 for their english O level grade.

I see. I have indicated my availability for ept for two dates. They mentioned that i will be notified a week before the actual test date. Since the first possible ept date stated is 6 april, very likely i am not required to attend on this date. Hopefully no notifications to attend the other indicated date as well.

jtayyy

Reaction score
Hi, can I ask if anyone knows for EPT, will you be notified to take EPT after status is being changed to shortlisted, or they will require you to take EPT and check your result before changing your status to shortlisted?

studiorozu

Reaction score
Hi, I just received my rejection email for Primary Art. :( I kind of guess that I will not get in because I was actually not encouraged to join the industry during interview lol. I do not think having teaching experience will be an advantage because I have been working as a part-time art instructor for close to 4 years (still am). Maybe my career change was too much hence I wasn't considered (I have both engineering and design background). Either that or I did badly for my interview haha.

Below was my timeline:
Applied in end January, went for interview in early March, and rejection email came today. I got the email exactly a month after my interview.

For those who are still waiting, do not give up! Like what others had mentioned, no news is good news!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi studioruzu! :( don’t give up!! oh dear... will you consider to apply once again? Also, did you receive the EPT email after your interview?

Hi, I just received my rejection email for Primary Art. :( I kind of guess that I will not get in because I was actually not encouraged to join the industry during interview lol. I do not think having teaching experience will be an advantage because I have been working as a part-time art instructor for close to 4 years (still am). Maybe my career change was too much hence I wasn't considered (I have both engineering and design background). Either that or I did badly for my interview haha.

Below was my timeline:
Applied in end January, went for interview in early March, and rejection email came today. I got the email exactly a month after my interview.

For those who are still waiting, do not give up! Like what others had mentioned, no news is good news!

tokyohdrg

Reaction score
Me too. I just got my rejection for Primary Chinese. I am so sad. I felt I did very well during the interview. Would really have to reflect and think thoroughly about what happened.

Reaction score
Me too. I just got my rejection for Primary Chinese. I am so sad. I felt I did very well during the interview. Would really have to reflect and think thoroughly about what happened.

Hi tokyohdrg! Did you receive any EPT availability email after your interview?

studiorozu

Reaction score
Hi studioruzu! :( don’t give up!! oh dear... will you consider to apply once again? Also, did you receive the EPT email after your interview?

I might consider applying again but then the economic is bad right now so the chances of getting in during the next application period will be low.

Nope I did not receive any EPT email. How about you?

Last edited:

studiorozu

Reaction score

You tried your best and that's all that matters. There is still the next application round in May/June. Try again! :)

tokyohdrg

Reaction score
Same, I did not receive the EPT email. I thought there is a 6 months cooldown? That means the next period we can apply would be early next year.

Reaction score
I might consider applying again but then the economic is bad right now so the chances of getting in during the next application period will be low.

Nope I did not receive any EPT email. How about you?

Hi! I did, but wouldn’t want to get my hopes up because there’s some people who received the email and yet got rejected in the end :(

Anyways.. that’s true, but I wish you all the best for all your applications!!! :) don’t give up!!! I was rejected before, so I know how it feels :(

tokyohdrg

Reaction score
Can I check if the 6 month cooldown for reapplication still applies? Hope to check if I should skip the application period for May / Jun 2020, after the rejection of my current application.

Thank you!

studiorozu

Reaction score
Hi! I did, but wouldn’t want to get my hopes up because there’s some people who received the email and yet got rejected in the end :(

Anyways.. that’s true, but I wish you all the best for all your applications!!! :) don’t give up!!! I was rejected before, so I know how it feels :(

Thank you monmonshironeko :) Hope your application is a success!

Reaction score
I feel like i may have to sit for the ept. I remember when i applied for pgde as a fresh grad - they actually asked me for my O level certificates. When ive reached mid career, they stopped asking for this. Perhaps all mid careers, regardless of the english grade they got for Os/As, are required to sit for the EPT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.