NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

fahrenheit5959

Reaction score
any1 know abt chinese teacher interview?

what to expect in the interview?

you will be given 20min to express your thoughts on the given topic in Chinese, followed by a 5 min teaching presentation to the panel of interviewers who will act like students after which it will be the formal interview.

Interview will be conducted in both Chinese and English.

Luvcyzx

Reaction score
Hi, I applied for PGDE Primary & Secondary Art. Does anyone know what the interview process will be like for art? Thanks :)

studiorozu

Reaction score
Hi, I applied for PGDE Primary & Secondary Art. Does anyone know what the interview process will be like for art? Thanks :)

Hi, it might depends on how the interviewers would conduct it. There will be a topic for you to do before your interview (applicable to everyone), and then followed by a 20 mins interview that includes 5 mins presentation on the topic of your selection, interview and Q&A. It is very short actually.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Hi there! You will be required to write an essay for an ethics-based question first and then you’re supposed to wait for a while. After which, you’ll enter the interview room where you’ll be required to present a topic based on the level that you’re assigned to: either Primary Art or Secondary Art. They will inform you to check the latest MOE syllabus for Primary Art or Secondary Art (whichever level that you’re assigned to) as a reference for your presentation. The presentation is short, and will take roughly 5 minutes!! The interviewers will act as your students. :) after that, it will be the Q&A session with the panel. all the best! :)

Last edited:

Luvcyzx

Reaction score
Hi, it might depends on how the interviewers would conduct it. For my case, the 20 mins includes 5 mins presentation on the topic of your selection, interview and Q&A. It is very short actually.

Thank you for the quick reply! Just wondering will they look at your portfolio and will it play a big part to determine whether you are suitable?
I've been working for a couple of years and most of my portfolio works are when I was still a student (meaning not very nice works imo haha).

When working most of my works are confidential to company etc so I don't have much of it on hand. In that case is it better for me to prepare some to add on to my portfolio to make it look better? :) thanks!

Luvcyzx

Reaction score
Hi there! You will be required to write an essay for an ethics-based question first and then you’re supposed to wait for a while. After which, you’ll enter the interview room where you’ll be required to present a topic based on the level that you’re assigned to: either Primary Art or Secondary Art. They will inform you to check the latest MOE syllabus for Primary Art or Secondary Art (whichever level that you’re assigned to) as a reference for your presentation. The presentation is short, and will take roughly 5 minutes!! The interviewers will act as your students. :) after that, it will be the Q&A session with the panel. all the best! :)

I see! Thank you for your reply this helps me a lot as I don't know anyone else applying for Art. Not sure if the interview process is similar or slightly different from other subjects. All the best to you too! :)

studiorozu

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply! Just wondering will they look at your portfolio and will it play a big part to determine whether you are suitable?
I've been working for a couple of years and most of my portfolio works are when I was still a student (meaning not very nice works imo haha).

When working most of my works are confidential to company etc so I don't have much of it on hand. In that case is it better for me to prepare some to add on to my portfolio to make it look better? :) thanks!

They only flipped through my portfolio and didn't question much on mine. If you feel that your past works can be better, then add in new ones? It also depends on what you specialized in!

Are you applying for the May/June period?

Luvcyzx

Reaction score
They only flipped through my portfolio and didn't question much on mine. If you feel that your past works can be better, then add in new ones? It also depends on what you specialized in!

Are you applying for the May/June period?

I see, thanks for letting me know! Yes I will probably be adding new works in :s13:

Yes I'm applying for the May/June period :) I missed the January one.

abigailwarren74

Reaction score
I interviewed on Mar 26 for PDGE PE and got the EPT email today saying I may be asked to take it. I've gotten A2 for O's English Paper and B for A's GP. Will I be exempted from the EPT?

Reaction score
I interviewed on Mar 26 for PDGE PE and got the EPT email today saying I may be asked to take it. I've gotten A2 for O's English Paper and B for A's GP. Will I be exempted from the EPT?

Unlikely based on your grade and teaching subject. But its up to their discretion whether or not you will be asked to sit for it i think. Rest easy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.