HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree342Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2019, 03:16 PM   #4456

I went for the interview at 1st July and I am thinking to reapply for teaching during the August round if I didn't get a reply after 4-5 weeks time. Have anyone tried applying again in the immediate round before? Or do I need to wait for a certain period of time before I can reapply for teaching again?

Can anyone advice me?
Recommended to wait for 6 months before reapplying again, because there is some sort of cooling off rule. Means it may be better to wait until next year Jan to reapply if you need to.
b4zabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:04 PM   #4457

I went for the interview at 1st July and I am thinking to reapply for teaching during the August round if I didn't get a reply after 4-5 weeks time. Have anyone tried applying again in the immediate round before? Or do I need to wait for a certain period of time before I can reapply for teaching again?

Can anyone advice me?
yes best to wait for next round to apply again..but no harm just applying immediately also ah.i applied immediately after i failed my 1st attempt before. Was rejected without the interview opportunity. Applied the 3rd time then was given the opportunity to interview.
pinkorange01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:11 PM   #4458

Hello to all. Does anyone know the structure of the 5 mins lesson presentation and if any tool of presentation is allowed? Thank you!
hey i applied for primary sch eng.(1st subject). The 5mins presentation was mostly focused on classroom management. i didnt manage to complete the 'lesson' becos the interviewers pretended to be kids and kept interrupting the lesson. I think they just want to see if ur able to keep ur cool and how u manage children when there are interruptions. It wasnt content focused in my case. I prepared worksheets!
Old 01-07-2019, 07:38 PM   #4459

hey i applied for primary sch eng.(1st subject). The 5mins presentation was mostly focused on classroom management. i didnt manage to complete the 'lesson' becos the interviewers pretended to be kids and kept interrupting the lesson. I think they just want to see if ur able to keep ur cool and how u manage children when there are interruptions. It wasnt content focused in my case. I prepared worksheets!
Thanks for sharing! How many interviewers were in the panel of interviewers? Did they ask you many questions pertaining to your lesson presentation later on?
Nugeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:48 PM   #4460

Thanks for sharing! How many interviewers were in the panel of interviewers? Did they ask you many questions pertaining to your lesson presentation later on?
There were three!Not a lot of presentation related questions were asked. They only asked me which part of the presentation I thought I had done well in and which parts i thought i could have done better. and they also asked some questions pertaining to changes to the system and how i feel about it. So it wld be better to read up on the latest changes (esp if ur applying for pri sch cos quite a lot of changes) And also the basic why do u wanna teach, what kind of teacher do you want to be what are ur strengths..
Old 01-07-2019, 09:55 PM   #4461

Can anyone advice me?
How was your interview? What subject you apply?
Loveteaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:45 PM   #4462

Smile

There were three!Not a lot of presentation related questions were asked. They only asked me which part of the presentation I thought I had done well in and which parts i thought i could have done better. and they also asked some questions pertaining to changes to the system and how i feel about it. So it wld be better to read up on the latest changes (esp if ur applying for pri sch cos quite a lot of changes) And also the basic why do u wanna teach, what kind of teacher do you want to be what are ur strengths..
I hope you did well for your interview! When did you go for the interview? Thanks for sharing the questions asked in your interview so that I could take that as a point of reference and prepare accordingly.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:31 AM   #4463

LlĺlJust went for the interview yesterday.

Felt like I did really poorly for the 5 min lesson plan part (nervous) but for the sit down portion I was confident and showed my passion for teaching by talking about some of my internship experiences and how they related to teaching. They seemed pretty interested and kept ticking something on their piece of paper.

I realised after the interview was over that they did not ask me about the 20mins written response that I wrote just before the interview.

Does this mean that I wont be considered since they didnt even bother asking me about it? Should I just apply for the next intake?

Last edited by FeelsBadMan; 02-07-2019 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Typo
FeelsBadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #4464

Interview usually on a Monday?

From what I have seen so far, many interviews are scheduled on a Monday. Is there anyone whose interview is not on a Monday?
Old 02-07-2019, 02:52 PM   #4465

its okay. the itp is more of introduction to teaching and what to expect during ur contract teaching. probably can ask ur classmates to help take notes or keep handouts for you.
Great! Thanks a lot lonely_driver
yayah121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:53 PM   #4466

Felt like I did really poorly for the 5 min lesson plan part (nervous) but for the sit down portion I was confident and showed my passion for teaching by talking about some of my internship experiences and how they related to teaching. They seemed pretty interested and kept ticking something on their piece of paper.

I realised after the interview was over that they did not ask me about the 20mins written response that I wrote just before the interview.

Does this mean that I wont be considered since they didnt even bother asking me about it? Should I just apply for the next intake?
No worries. They didnít ask me about mine either and I got through. Youíll be fine!
yayah121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:14 PM   #4467

I got in even though the interviewers didnt ask about my essay!
JSMHONG96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #4468

I hope you did well for your interview! When did you go for the interview? Thanks for sharing the questions asked in your interview so that I could take that as a point of reference and prepare accordingly.
haha i went for interview in March 2019.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #4469

haha i went for interview in March 2019.
I see. What was the outcome of your application? How early can one start the programme if one is accepted?
Old 02-07-2019, 09:04 PM   #4470

no worries about the essay! they didn't ask about mine at all and i got in anyway.
poppyave is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.