HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree322Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2019, 09:04 PM   #4471

LlĺlJust went for the interview yesterday.

Felt like I did really poorly for the 5 min lesson plan part (nervous) but for the sit down portion I was confident and showed my passion for teaching by talking about some of my internship experiences and how they related to teaching. They seemed pretty interested and kept ticking something on their piece of paper.

I realised after the interview was over that they did not ask me about the 20mins written response that I wrote just before the interview.

Does this mean that I wont be considered since they didnt even bother asking me about it? Should I just apply for the next intake?
no worries about the essay! they didn't ask about mine at all and i got in anyway.
poppyave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:52 PM   #4472

English Proficiency Test

Is the English Proficiency Test a requirement for all those teaching in English? Are there any exceptions?
Nugeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:36 PM   #4473

I see. What was the outcome of your application? How early can one start the programme if one is accepted?

You can refer to this link for the application window and respective dates. https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach...cation-windows

Generally, successful applicants will go through a few months to a year of untrained contract teaching. NIE intake for PGDE applicants (except for PE teachers) will start in Dec each year.

So if you were to get accepted in this current application window, you will be doing untrained teaching from Dec 2019 onwards, and start NIE in Dec 2020.
JSMHONG96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:49 AM   #4474

Feb application window: Did anyone receive posting details and itp email yet?
Passionate Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #4475

Feb application window: Did anyone receive posting details and itp email yet?
I think posting details come a week before starting date? Thatís what ppl usually say so Iím not so sure but looks like itís the case
mayain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #4476

Is the English Proficiency Test a requirement for all those teaching in English? Are there any exceptions?
No..but they seemed to send the email to a lot. Applied for pri english i didnt have to go.
pinkorange01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:15 PM   #4477

I see. What was the outcome of your application? How early can one start the programme if one is accepted?
ya they offered me pri eng and ss.. um i think earliest is three months frm the interview?
pinkorange01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:14 PM   #4478

Hi! Any idea if there is appointment briefing for school counsellor position?
V.eniaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:09 PM   #4479

diploma in physical education

hello everyone,

i applied for the diploma in physical education and completed my physical proficiency test today. feeling a little bit confident (thankful for really nice testers) and really hoping to make it through to the interview phase!

will only know the result for the physical proficiency test in around 2 weeks? but this means a lot to me and i really hope to ace the interview (if i make it through)!

with that, can anyone share their experience during the interview? like what were the questions asked during the essay and interview (!!!) and how were the interviewers like during the 5-minute presentation, eg how they acted and the questions they asked!

thanks a lot and all the best to everyone! :-)

Last edited by aznotnurfurrr; 04-07-2019 at 06:12 PM..
aznotnurfurrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:20 PM   #4480

LlĺlJust went for the interview yesterday.

Felt like I did really poorly for the 5 min lesson plan part (nervous) but for the sit down portion I was confident and showed my passion for teaching by talking about some of my internship experiences and how they related to teaching. They seemed pretty interested and kept ticking something on their piece of paper.

I realised after the interview was over that they did not ask me about the 20mins written response that I wrote just before the interview.

Does this mean that I wont be considered since they didnt even bother asking me about it? Should I just apply for the next intake?
Check your inbox
ummumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:22 PM   #4481

They will look at your O and A Level English grade, if it is satisfactory you may be exempted.
b4zabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:04 AM   #4482

Yes, I got a call yesterday from HR for more information. May I know which subject you applied for and did you get an interview after?
amyyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:15 PM   #4483

ok, just informed that I am shortlisted for the PGDE interview but no subject or timing yet. More information prior to 12 July.
amyyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:59 PM   #4484

ok, just informed that I am shortlisted for the PGDE interview but no subject or timing yet. More information prior to 12 July.
Me too, they ask me to fill in the Annex A Form @ CareerGov.sg
amyyee likes this.
chin_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:00 PM   #4485

I went for the interview at 1st July and I am thinking to reapply for teaching during the August round if I didn't get a reply after 4-5 weeks time. Have anyone tried applying again in the immediate round before? Or do I need to wait for a certain period of time before I can reapply for teaching again?

Can anyone advice me?
May I ask what is the topic they ask in 20mins written essay?
chin_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.