HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree299Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2019, 05:32 PM   #4516

Those whose starting date is 15 July 2019, did you all call or email the principal on your posting?
jacktheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:34 PM   #4517

Those whose starting date is 15 July 2019, did you all call or email the principal on your posting?
Better to call, in my opinion.
matyoyo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:11 PM   #4518

Hi everyone! Im new to this thread.
I went for my PGDE interview on 4th July and today I received an email stating that my application is still being considered and I have to indicate my availability for EPT if needed. Just wanted to ask if this is the normal procedure i.e will everyone receive this email one week after their interview?

Im a fresh grad so I'm feeling antsy!
Thank you in advance everyone!
averagecitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:32 PM   #4519

I went for my PGDE interview on 4th July and today I received an email stating that my application is still being considered and I have to indicate my availability for EPT if needed. Just wanted to ask if this is the normal procedure i.e will everyone receive this email one week after their interview?

I received this, and I eventually got accepted. But I think almost everyone gets it? Not too sure but I think you should take it as a good sign!
Callmecherrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:45 PM   #4520

I got the same email. I was pretty shocked as I was 100% sure I bombed the interview and teaching demo. Not sure what to do now as I had been prepared to apply again next year.

You went for the interview on 4th July too? Are you the guy in a formal suit?
darkonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:38 PM   #4521

Who have received email today regarding the interview?
chin_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:56 PM   #4522

I received this, and I eventually got accepted. But I think almost everyone gets it? Not too sure but I think you should take it as a good sign!
Thanks so much for replying!!!! Yea thats what I thought, that everyone would get it, although some ultimately receive rejection emails. I really hope it is a good sign!

I got the same email. I was pretty shocked as I was 100% sure I bombed the interview and teaching demo. Not sure what to do now as I had been prepared to apply again next year.

You went for the interview on 4th July too? Are you the guy in a formal suit?
Hey! I left the interview feeling very disappointed as well because I think i did terribly. Am wondering if they just sent the email to everyone who had gone for the interview in July? And no haha im a female!!
averagecitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #4523

A few of us received email yesterday about the posting.
icetea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:23 AM   #4524

anyone know usually after how long contract teaching the school will send us for NIE training? Thanks
icetea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #4525

anyone know usually after how long contract teaching the school will send us for NIE training? Thanks
If youíre entering mid June or July, earliest will be this Dec. If you miss this Dec intake, itíll be next Dec. Your school leaders will determine your intake.
hegehegeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #4526

NIE Teaching application

Hi ,

I am in my final semester SUSS, will it be good to apply in the July to august window?
Anishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:45 PM   #4527

Hi ,

I am in my final semester SUSS, will it be good to apply in the July to august window?
No harm doing that since the application process will take some time. I applied in my last sem at NTU and managed to get confirmation just as I graduated which is a relief.
JSMHONG96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:49 PM   #4528

Thank you. Should give it a try!
Anishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:01 PM   #4529

"Dear Applicant

Thank you for taking the time to attend the interview. Your application is still being considered for the teaching of your assigned subjects. As part of the selection process,*you may be required to sit for and meet the minimum requirements of the relevant Entrance Proficiency Tests (EPTs)."

Could I check if this is indicative of anything please? Thanks all!
Max_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:02 PM   #4530

"Dear Applicant

Thank you for taking the time to attend the interview. Your application is still being considered for the teaching of your assigned subjects. As part of the selection process,*you may be required to sit for and meet the minimum requirements of the relevant Entrance Proficiency Tests (EPTs)."

Could I check if this is indicative of anything please? Thanks all!
I think this is just to indicate you may have to take EPT if you donít meet the requirements of English Proficiency. I received this, but did not end up having to take it.
Callmecherrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.