HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2019, 11:06 PM   #4621

Nope. Mine has not changed too. From what I have read here so far, it seems like it takes at least 3 weeks before there is a status change after the interview. When was your interview?
It was on 9 July
poppyz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 11:08 PM   #4622

It was on 9 July
Mine was a day earlier. Hopefully we will receive an update by next week. Let's keep each other updated!
Nugeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 11:12 PM   #4623

This brings me back to when I went for an interview with MOE in 2006. Took 3 whole months for them to get back to me that I'm successful in my application. The rest is history. And now, I'm 12 years in the service.

Best of luck to you all!
glutenmagic likes this.
vodka_supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 11:14 PM   #4624

Referee Check

Does anyone know at what stage of the application process does the HR call the referee(s) that you have provided to check on your background? Thanks!
Old 24-07-2019, 07:51 AM   #4625

I went for interview on 1st July and received the email about availability to take EPT on 8/7, one week after my interview. The status on career@gov changed to shortlisted but I have not received any email.
chilipeppers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 08:16 AM   #4626

I went for interview on 1st July and received the email about availability to take EPT on 8/7, one week after my interview. The status on career@gov changed to shortlisted but I have not received any email.
Yours is PGDE or Dip Ed?
aliffazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 08:43 AM   #4627

Hi chilipeppers!

I have about the same timeline as you. Interview on 1st July, and EPT availability email on 8th July. Received a call few days back to verify some details on my academic transcript. But my status is still unchanged, unlike you. Which subjects are you shortlisted for?

Last edited by badchoices; 24-07-2019 at 09:12 AM..
badchoices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 09:19 AM   #4628

EPT

Is there anyone who has got shortlisted but did not receive the EPT availability email?
Old 24-07-2019, 10:17 AM   #4629

EPT / Status Update

Hi all,

I went for the interview on 11th July. I got the EPT notification on the 15th July but they did not schedule me to go for the test. Anyone able to advise or is in the same predicament as me? Still hoping for the best even though i think i screwed up the interview...
DAWL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #4630

Hi all,

I went for the interview on 11th July. I got the EPT notification on the 15th July but they did not schedule me to go for the test. Anyone able to advise or is in the same predicament as me? Still hoping for the best even though i think i screwed up the interview...
Hello. Receiving the EPT availability email does not mean you will definitely sit for the EPT. They are checking on your availability first. If you are not scheduled for the EPT, I think you are exempted from sitting for it because you have satisfied their requirements. However, I don't know what the requirements are now, they just said they would schedule candidates to sit for the EPT at their discretion. Anyway, the first EPT date is on 1 Aug and they said they would inform candidates one week before the test date if they are required to sit for it. For the first EPT date, I think they would inform you by tomorrow if you are required to sit for it. Which dates did you indicate that you are available on?
Old 24-07-2019, 10:52 AM   #4631

Hello. Receiving the EPT availability email does not mean you will definitely sit for the EPT. They are checking on your availability first. If you are not scheduled for the EPT, I think you are exempted from sitting for it because you have satisfied their requirements. However, I don't know what the requirements are now, they just said they would schedule candidates to sit for the EPT at their discretion. Anyway, the first EPT date is on 1 Aug and they said they would inform candidates one week before the test date if they are required to sit for it. For the first EPT date, I think they would inform you by tomorrow if you are required to sit for it. Which dates did you indicate that you are available on?
Thank you for replying!

I have indicated on both dates that i am available to sit for the EPT. But hopefully my status on Careers@Gov would change soon. i don't know if i should wait for this though because i might have job offers coming in soon in the next few weeks ..... Any advice guys? It's a risk that i am taking if they might eventually take too long to get back to me as well...
DAWL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 11:18 AM   #4632

Thank you for replying!

I have indicated on both dates that i am available to sit for the EPT. But hopefully my status on Careers@Gov would change soon. i don't know if i should wait for this though because i might have job offers coming in soon in the next few weeks ..... Any advice guys? It's a risk that i am taking if they might eventually take too long to get back to me as well...
Hopefully we will all get a status change soon! I have PM you.
Old 24-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #4633

Anyone here pursuing Dip Ed and get EPT email?
aliffazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 03:29 PM   #4634

Hi guys, just an update, after I received the ept update email, I received another email stating the following:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for taking the time to attend the interview.

We*would like to inform you that we are still processing your teaching application. If your application is successful, the starting date of your employment is likely to be*19 December 2019,*barring unforeseen circumstances. If you are due to commence employment on 19 December 2019, you should receive the “Possible Offer of Appointment to the Education Service” by*7 November 2019.*

Please note that this notification is not intended to create any legally binding obligations and that the matter is still subject to contract.
Max_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #4635

Hi guys, just an update, after I received the ept update email, I received another email stating the following:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for taking the time to attend the interview.

We*would like to inform you that we are still processing your teaching application. If your application is successful, the starting date of your employment is likely to be*19 December 2019,*barring unforeseen circumstances. If you are due to commence employment on 19 December 2019, you should receive the “Possible Offer of Appointment to the Education Service” by*7 November 2019.*

Please note that this notification is not intended to create any legally binding obligations and that the matter is still subject to contract.
Awesome. I think it is a good sign that they are keeping you updated on your application status. When was your interview?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.