HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree378Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #4876

Does anyone know how badly one has to do to fail the untrained teaching stint?
When you are passionate and serious about being a Teacher, you won't be asking such questions. MOE's aim is to allow as many aspiring teachers as possible to pass their untrained teaching stint.
surferpunk likes this.

Last edited by glutenmagic; 02-09-2019 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: Grammer
glutenmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:48 PM   #4877

EL ept result is out for those who took on 1 Aug!
badchoices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:59 AM   #4878

When you are passionate and serious about being a Teacher, you won't be asking such questions. MOE's aim is to allow as many aspiring teachers as possible to pass their untrained teaching stint.
Itís not that iím not serious but rather iím Very nervous. This would be my first formal observation and my school is not supplying any information.
Lemoneyjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:47 AM   #4879

It's ok. Just make sure you are fully prepared for your lesson and engage the students the best that you can. All the best for your observation!
Itís not that iím not serious but rather iím Very nervous. This would be my first formal observation and my school is not supplying any information.
divannne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #4880

Just received a SMS and an email for medical checkup!!
amyyee likes this.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:20 AM   #4881

Wish you all the best too. If you have made it this far, just do your best and you'll be fine!

Wow you are perhaps the first person in this batch to recieve the medical call up. Hope ours will arrive soon too.

Has anybody else recieved theirs too?
glutenmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:32 PM   #4882

Great, what is your interview date?

Last edited by Max_power; 03-09-2019 at 02:03 PM..
Max_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:13 PM   #4883

Just received mine too for Medical Checkup. Interviewed on 25th July
Mantoyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:44 PM   #4884

Great, what is your interview date?
Thanks!! I interviewed on 1 July for pri eng + maths. Hope yours will come soon!
Old 03-09-2019, 05:47 PM   #4885

Wish you all the best too. If you have made it this far, just do your best and you'll be fine!

Wow you are perhaps the first person in this batch to recieve the medical call up. Hope ours will arrive soon too.

Has anybody else recieved theirs too?
All the best to you!
Old 03-09-2019, 06:12 PM   #4886

Iím doing my first formal observation too. I have spoken to a lot of the teachers in my school for their advice. As a untrained teacher, youíll not be judged based on your content knowledge (although you must at least get the basics). Youíll be observed on how you manage the class and whether you have rapport with the students.

What type of information are you looking for? Iím sure if you need someone to help you look through your lesson plan and your content for the class, you can approach the other teachers in your school and your reporting officer/HOD. They should be able to help you.

Donít be too nervous. Youíve already got this far, you can do it!
JSMHONG96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:47 PM   #4887

To anyone here doing your untrained stint now, hang in there! I believe we are all in the midst of having our observation soon. All the best!
Callmecherrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:56 PM   #4888

Thanks!! I interviewed on 1 July for pri eng + maths. Hope yours will come soon!
Thanks, will update everyone, regardless of outcome congratulations again
Max_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:57 AM   #4889

Aug PGDE Applicant

Hey guys. Just dropping a message to intro myself.
I applie for the recently closed application window dated august 2019.
Anyone else in here applied during that window?

By the way, to the rest, how strictly does MOE follow to the stipulated date in the auto generated application confirmation email with regards to getting back to applicant on whether or not they have been selected for an interview?

The august 2019 window stated by 1st October (or else consider your application unsuccessful).
alcarmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:29 PM   #4890

Hi! I applied for the recent aug2019. Anyone received any news yet? Is it true that MOE will blacklist anyone who rejected them before? When I was still in Uni final year, I applied for NIE and got an offer, but I rejected. From then on, all my applications are unsuccessful. Now is applying for mid-career switch.
Rabbit^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.