HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree322Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2019, 02:52 PM   #4966

Interview for Arts/Music

Hey everyone

I'm a fresh graduate who recently applied to MOE and was just offered to attend the sharing session for Arts/Music teaching candidates and will be offered Arts(Sec) if i pass the interview (though Arts was not one of my choices, but still, my major is Architecture..)

So apparently, an Art Portfolio was required for the interview. However, given that I am a Architecture Student, the most I can offer will be an Architecture Portfolio. I'm wondering if anyone has attended an Arts interview and would like to know what was included in your portfolio?

And also, if there is any Art teacher here, could you share some experience on teaching Art? Such as, your timetable, salary or chances for progression?

I am still new to the working world, and very lost, so any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thank you
-Danielle- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 04:39 PM   #4967

August window applicant. Just wondering if anyone who applied for pri eng/sci has been scheduled an interview yet?
Mot yet...anyone called for interview for Pri(eng/maths)
Anishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #4968

Hey everyone

I'm a fresh graduate who recently applied to MOE and was just offered to attend the sharing session for Arts/Music teaching candidates and will be offered Arts(Sec) if i pass the interview (though Arts was not one of my choices, but still, my major is Architecture..)

So apparently, an Art Portfolio was required for the interview. However, given that I am a Architecture Student, the most I can offer will be an Architecture Portfolio. I'm wondering if anyone has attended an Arts interview and would like to know what was included in your portfolio?

And also, if there is any Art teacher here, could you share some experience on teaching Art? Such as, your timetable, salary or chances for progression?

I am still new to the working world, and very lost, so any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Hi Danielle, how I wish we had the sharing session in the previous window!

I applied for Art (Pri) in June. Graduated from SIT with an Interior Design degree and the main bulk of my portfolio consisted of Archi/ID stuff. The remainder were my still life sketches & paintings to make my portfolio more well rounded (Rushed them in the weeks leading up to my interview).

I did not have to present my portfolio to the interviewers. It was passed around the table and the interviewers browsed it at their own pace throughout the interview. Not too sure if it was a good or bad sign haha.

They will be a lot more interested in your 5min lesson, so focus on that. Take a look at the MOE Art syllabus online and you will be fine.

Last edited by glutenmagic; 17-09-2019 at 05:41 PM..
glutenmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 08:39 PM   #4969

Hi Danielle, how I wish we had the sharing session in the previous window!

I applied for Art (Pri) in June. Graduated from SIT with an Interior Design degree and the main bulk of my portfolio consisted of Archi/ID stuff. The remainder were my still life sketches & paintings to make my portfolio more well rounded (Rushed them in the weeks leading up to my interview).

I did not have to present my portfolio to the interviewers. It was passed around the table and the interviewers browsed it at their own pace throughout the interview. Not too sure if it was a good or bad sign haha.

They will be a lot more interested in your 5min lesson, so focus on that. Take a look at the MOE Art syllabus online and you will be fine.
Thanks for replying! It is really helpful. One more question haha Is there any other assessment that potential art teachers need to take such as the EPT?
Old 17-09-2019, 09:59 PM   #4970

hey all! I didn't receive any phone call but I was asked to fill in a form when I logged into Careers@gov. Is it the one asking for your basic info and address? Did anyone have a scheduled interview alr?
whyiareyeeand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 10:30 PM   #4971

Thanks for replying! It is really helpful. One more question haha Is there any other assessment that potential art teachers need to take such as the EPT?
No, only left with EPT after the interview. The funny thing is that EPT is like russian roulette, it's impossible to predict who will get chosen haha.

Though recieving the EPT availability email after the interview is seen as a good sign! Looking forward to seeing a fellow spatial design student in MOE!

Last edited by glutenmagic; 17-09-2019 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: Wording
glutenmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 10:48 PM   #4972

No, only left with EPT after the interview. The funny thing is that EPT is like russian roulette, it's impossible to predict who will get chosen haha.

Though recieving the EPT availability email after the interview is seen as a good sign! Looking forward to seeing a fellow spatial design student in MOE!
Haha thank you so much!! I guess I will start preparing my sketches then
Old 17-09-2019, 10:50 PM   #4973

hey all! I didn't receive any phone call but I was asked to fill in a form when I logged into Careers@gov. Is it the one asking for your basic info and address? Did anyone have a scheduled interview alr?
I did not receive the phone call yet, but from my experience and older posts, i think that they will send you an email and an sms regarding the sharing sessions before they call you in a day or two. Good luck!

And I believe you need to fill up the form before you can apply?
Old 17-09-2019, 11:01 PM   #4974

You can fill it first, it is one of the things to do before a interview
Nnameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 01:45 AM   #4975

I did not receive the phone call yet, but from my experience and older posts, i think that they will send you an email and an sms regarding the sharing sessions before they call you in a day or two. Good luck!

And I believe you need to fill up the form before you can apply?
Hi I received email for an interview but I didnít receive call. Is this normal?
Teacherwip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 10:19 AM   #4976

Hi can I know which subject and is it for pri level?congrats

Last edited by Anishar; 18-09-2019 at 04:17 PM..
Anishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #4977
Master Member

What is the essay about and the 5 Min lesson ?
samich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 01:05 PM   #4978

I suppose so, just give them a few days! Congrats btw
Old 18-09-2019, 04:07 PM   #4979

Hi!

For those who just applied in the Aug window, and wish to find out more regarding the interview (or anything regarding the process) - pls feel free to pm me

I applied during the July window! Sec Math & SS

All the best!
glutenmagic likes this.
onestraightarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 04:28 PM   #4980

Mot yet...anyone called for interview for Pri(eng/maths)
Yes would like to know too... anyone called up or received any email for Primary level subjects?
scarletxlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.