NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Helpmehelpme

Reaction score
Hi,i applied during the may june application period for untrained teacher. Got an email in the morning saying I`ve been rejected. Kinda feeling sad. Never given a chance for an interview.

Dear Applicant

Thank you for having taken the time to apply for a teaching position in the application window from 4 May – 9 June 2020. After careful consideration of your application based on merit and in competition with other applications, we regret to inform you that your application is unsuccessful.

Same. They did not give me a chance to interview, not even once.

FitBro85

Reaction score
Hi,i applied during the may june application period for untrained teacher. Got an email in the morning saying I`ve been rejected. Kinda feeling sad. Never given a chance for an interview.

Dear Applicant

Thank you for having taken the time to apply for a teaching position in the application window from 4 May – 9 June 2020. After careful consideration of your application based on merit and in competition with other applications, we regret to inform you that your application is unsuccessful.

In the same boat as you, wondering when we may next apply? Next window? Next next window?

yojyoj17

Reaction score
Hi! For those in the Jan-Feb application window and have emailed MOE to ask for an update, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

I've been waiting for a reply for 2 weeks now :(

b4zabeat

Reaction score

Dear Applicant

In the same boat as you, wondering when we may next apply? Next window? Next next window?

There is a sort of 6 months cooling off rule before you can get shortlisted for interview again. If you apply the current window which closes on Aug, unlikely to get an interview.

beaconofhope

Reaction score
hello! yes i got my medical email last night! hope those waiting did too

At night!? Haha thats crazy. Anyways happy for you. Does this mean you are starting contract teaching in Aug/sept or will it be in january as most here have proposed?

vnnnnn

Reaction score
I think articulation is important, so that feedback might affect your chances abit. Generally it still depends on the competition, the number of vacancies available, and how the other art applicants do.

Ah I see, thanks for replying! My interview slot was pushed forward since another applicant withdrew haha. Generally the content that I mentioned during the interview was what I’d already prepared for, so I assume out of my nervousness, I used fillers more than I’d like. I’m usually loud so I doubt that’s the problem. Oh well, all I can do is hope for the best now! All the best to everyone else that applied too haha.

Ellesse2704

Reaction score
I received the same email too.

Hi sorry to hear that but keep trying.Never give up.

This is what I received this morning:

Thank you for your time and effort in applying for a teaching position in the application window from 4 May – 9 June 2020. We wish to update that your application is currently in process. If you are shortlisted for the interview, you will be contacted by 30 July 2020.

You may check your application status on the Careers@Gov portal or assume that your application is unsuccessful if you do not hear from us by 30 July 2020.

hamsstter

Reaction score
Hi! For those in the Jan-Feb application window and have emailed MOE to ask for an update, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

I've been waiting for a reply for 2 weeks now :(
They replied me the next working day!!

Ellesse2704

Reaction score
Nothing yet. Just merely an email that states my application is in process and that if I am short-listed I will be contacted by 30 July. Instead of the previous notified date that was listed as 13 July.
Did they give u any subjects? Or still nothing?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.